North Cyprus Tourist Board - TV in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TV in TRNC

TV in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

grahamlil

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

How easy is it to get the english tv and what is needed

spud1

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

what do i need for sky tv can i take my sky box with me to north cyprus and fit a dish myself

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

hi guys

there are a few options

firstly if you want sky you need min a 2 metre dish to recive at least chan4 chan 5, and sky 1,2,3 and all the movie chan and sports chans

if you want bbc 1,2,3 itv aswel and all the other chans you need at least a 4.5 metre dish because the signal for these chans is very weak so bigger the dish the better of course you need a sky box with either a ftv card (bbc to 5 and sky 3 and a couple of basic movie chan) or a full subscription card

i advise you bringing the box and card from the u.k way to expensive in cyprus

secondly you can get digiturk which is turkeys answer to sky with this you pay for the dish 45ytl and install 40ytl and a monthly fee starting from 20ytl up to 45ytl depending on your packet the basic paket has bbc prime (bbc for europe) and about 20 other english channels 45ylt has all movie chans and sport chan and loads more when you cancel the contract you have to give the box back

thirdly

you buy a reciver and a dish or two (average cost 400ytl) one dish pointed at a satellite called hotbird and one dish pointed at a sat called nilesat with both of these satelittes you recive about 60 english chanels from all over the world but dont expect to get the chanels you recive on sky

this is a good option because all you do is pay 400-500ytl and it belongs to you and you dont have to pay a monthly fee

spud yes you can bring you box over with your card but like i said min you need 2 metre dish to get sky but if you want to recive bbc,itv you need 4.5 metre the cost of a 2 metre dish cost about 450-750ytll around £200-£300

hope this all helps

spud1

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

many thanks ukturk a great help spud1

grahamlil

Message Posted:
26/10/2007 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

ukturk,

you really are a font of all knowledge.

thanks yet again

ukturk

Message Posted:
26/10/2007 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

hi spud and graham

thanks for your kind words graham is that all a font i thought i was more like an ocean L.O.L (only joking)

just to finnish this off if you go for the third option on what i said i would reconmend a receiver brand named NEXT this receiver is the best on the market because the channels i was saying to you on hotbird some of these channels are pay tv channels meaning you have to pay for them but with bit of kit it actually breaks the codes of these channels so you dont have to pay for them!!! but there are no guarantee this could last 1month or 3 years because the broadcaster can change the codes of these channels but with these machines all you do is take it to the shop where you got it from and they will update it via the internet then it will open them up again just like that

again hope this all helps

regards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.