North Cyprus Tourist Board - library in Kyrenia is looking for voluteers
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > library in Kyrenia is looking for voluteers

library in Kyrenia is looking for voluteers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

muffin

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Many people enjoy reading but how many know that there is an excellent lending library available in Kyrenia. Situated in the courtyard at the rear of the main Post Office. Open on Wednesday and Saturday mornings between 10am and 12am. There is a small annual joining fee and temporary membership is also available.

The range of books is wide and varied with some 10,500 fiction titles and sections of history, biographies, travel, cookery and crafts, reference and other subjects. There is also a Junior section and over 500 Talking Books.

Staffed and run totally by volunteers, we are currently looking for additional people to help with the running of this excellent facility. If you are able to spare a couple of hours weekly we would welcome your help. The tasks are simple and full training will be given. If you would like to join us then please telephone 0533 871 3004 or call in to the Library during the opening hours

kelly25

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

thankyou for letting us know, i've always wondered where the library is, are the books in English?

flossie44

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

The Library is my reading life line and "yes" the books are in English. There is a very good selction and it is always busy.

If I was a permanent resident I would definitely help out. However I bet I would not be of much use being tempted by books I had not read.

flossie

muffin

Message Posted:
11/11/2011 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Flossie44

We would welcome your help as a volunteer even if you are only here for a few weeks at a time. If you are interested please get in touch either by phone or call in to the library

flossie44

Message Posted:
11/11/2011 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

OK Will do. Next out in May.

flossie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.