North Cyprus Tourist Board - What to do when your Internet is DOWN!? (jk)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What to do when your Internet is DOWN!? (jk)

What to do when your Internet is DOWN!? (jk)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

kbasat

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

(joke)

Multimax Level 3 support engineers have put their heads together and compiled you a list of suggestions on what you can do if your Internet goes down;

1) Cry in the mirror,

2) Call Internet Provider helpline immediately and without telling your name, start screaming over the phone making sure the person on the other side cannot even understand what you saying, hang up once you finish,

3) Nervously pace back and forth in your home or office,

4) Repeatedly click refresh on your computer,

5) Complain to your family, friends, even the household pet how crappy the service is,

6) Paint your feelings,

7) Stagger outside, become confused and disoriented by the real world,

8) ask God, "why me?",

9) Try to stay calm, assume fetal position while humming quietly,

10) Think about how you will 'show' your Internet Provider by posting about 'this' on C44.

Kemal Basat

(end joke)

Giles

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Hilarious, been getting lots of complaints have you?

kbasat

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Joking aside, this being our first storms and heavy rain as Multimax, we did have a few of downtimes past days, but usually not more than 10-15 minutes each.

Extensive reconfiguration is carried out on our equipment to cope with these extreme conditions and precautions are being taken so that same problem does not happen twice.

We again thank all our customers for their support.

Kemal

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Re: Msg 1,

No5: I complain to my dog!

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Number 11. resort to adult magazines ?

kbasat

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

@Giles, I am sitting here in the office, because I heard its pretty bad in Girne, so just in case, for past 3 hours, the phone has not rang once, I got bored of watching TV on the internet so I decided to write this up...

For Multimax, total general downtime today for Girne was approx 14 minutes, in 3 different occasions. The problem was with the configuration of our link from Lefkosa to Girne (couldnt configure it for bad weather conditions, because we didnt know how it would be affected, now we know , now its fixed.

We didnt have any basestation outages, only a few individual problems.

This business is really boring when you have a solid network and not many unhappy customers to make life interesting

rowlo

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

last resort , throw laptop on floor and jump on it .

ttoli

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Do what we done before the web existed?

PhilUK

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Kbsat- I am a multimax customer in Ozankoy my internet has been on and off for the last 2 days,(and when Its been on it's been real slow) right now its off and I'm writing this courtesy of Turkcell dongle.

I did try the website- though a lot of the links on there don't work.

I was going to use the online help, but whoever was at the other end went offline before I had chance to post my problem.

I went to the troubleshooting bit of the website ,but this just takes you to a page telling me how great multimax is(as do most of the headers on the website).

I then noticed a part of the website for customers- so I tried that, although there is a way of retrieving a lost password- I could not see anyway of registering as a new user!

I'm not a moaner usually, but your complacency in message 6 caught my eye- I realise the weather has been appalling- but multimax has not been good here for 2 days.

May I suggest you relieve your boredom by sorting the website out and my connection.

Thank

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Rowlo. I've felt like that on a few occasions. )

kbasat

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Currently, we are experiencing outages due to extensive power cuts(longer then 4 hours) at Upper Lapta, Karmi, Lower Kyrenia and Ozankoy Basestations.

@PhilUK, this is probably why your internet does not work at the moment, as far as the problem of the past 2 days are concerned, that needs to be looked into when the basestation is back.

As for the online help, you probably tried to catch me as I was leaving the office to come home, The website is currently under construction and some of the pages are missing, for troubleshooting, we offer email support, website online chat support, or just call our support line 0392 444 6629. You should be able to reach us through one of the ways.

As for the message 6, I realize now that I opened my big mouth too soon by saying we didnt have any basestation outages as we now do (even though they are not basestation failures but electricity problems).

(cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

As far as the rest of the complacency goes, we are happy how our system cope up with the weather the past few days in general. There has been some issues, but considering we now have approx 70 basestations, my comments were all based on the averages and percentages, and not for somebody (like you) individually.

Also, please note that we are a brand new company and we are still building our system and constantly improving our network. Knowing how our network has reacted in the past few days, and the improvements we have underway, we know that we are on the right track to achieving excellence.

One thing I always say, please please contact us when you have a problem as soon as you have it, not after 1 day, not after 2 hours. If you do not let us know you have a problem, it is possible that it is isolated with you and we might never know about it.

K.

PhilUK

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Kemal- thank you for the response-I appreciate that.

I realise I should have tried ringing-but being British we have an aversion to ringing helplines, the reason being is that we usually get someone from Pakistan/India that does not speak English too well.

I have tried all the the things 'helplines' usually tell me (many times )

1. Reboot computer-Done That

2. Reboot Ariel on roof by removing and re-inserting power supply.-done that a lot over last 2 days.

3.Cleaned cache lots of times.

4.Stood in a bucket of hot water shouting 'Wibble Wibble'

Thing is, my home network works fine-(I have 4 computers and am fairly computer savvy)

I am thinking it may be the Ariel or the cable leading to the Ariel.

My reasoning for this is that my internet was installed in the dark and I have a big hole in the side of my house and a wire which is flapping in the wind endlessly,(not nailed to the wall)-you need to see it to believe it, but Stevie wonder could have done a better job.

Ple

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

That was a different punchline to what I excepted, but I guess the same for you .All the same made me laugh .

PhilUK

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

sorry! ran out of space!

the last bit was 'Please help me'

No punch line-sorry!

kbasat

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 01:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Ozankoy basestation, along with all the other ones are now back online, the outage was 1h33m.

@philUK, ethernet cable flapping on the side of the wall is not a good thing. now that everything is back online, I will make a through check from my side, I will also get girne office to call you so we can fix your installation properly, which should be tomorrow, getting stevie wonder to fix it might cost too much, I will check, but I might have to send one of our own guys to do it, hope its ok.

I will send you a private email later this morning with my findings.

Kemal

tomsteel

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 07:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Hi K,

Bahçeli base station installation date/time please?

Trevturk

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

I miss the Internet more than I miss lights...heating....and electric when the powers down I've got bloody Internet or should I say facebook adiction....

judyr

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Is there a problem in Ozankoy at this time? Although it has been sporadic these last few days in the storms the speed we now have is only 0.7 for download. I need to catch up on last nights Masterchef due to lack of satellite signal before the next one tonight!

prettynear

Message Posted:
17/11/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Every time it rains in Ozankoy we lose our Multimax internet connection. Kemal, is there a problem with Ozankoy base station and if so, is anything being done about it? Starting to get a little bit fed up with things and would appreciate an answer.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
18/11/2011 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Hi K, any update yet on msg 17 please?

kbasat

Message Posted:
18/11/2011 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

A unique problem developed in Ozankoy Basestation the past few days. Very strangely the basestation would look operational from all our monitoring software, all customers connected and authenticated, but for some reason the sectors would 'lock up' now allowing data traffic between base station and clients.

A simple reset would fix the problem, until it repeated itself. Due to the nature of the problem, we were most of the time unable to detect the problem until we get contacted by one of the customers connected to this basestation.

We have today replaced and upgraded the whole Ozankoy basestation, and the problems seem to be gone for now, we will keep monitoring.

We are also working on a more through monitoring systems to detect such incidents just in case it repeats itself in the future somewhere else.

As always, all good customers of Ozankoy will be compensated for the lack of service appropriately.

K.

LoopyLou

Message Posted:
19/11/2011 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Kemal

Yes, please, when is the base station going to be erected in Bacheli, awaiting........................

Thanks Linda

stockiefan

Message Posted:
19/11/2011 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Well, on a different or should I say similar note, I live in Ozankoy, I have been with Extend for the past 5 years and been relatively happy with their performance and speed. I was miffed when in September they would not offer a couple of free months like they did last year, I would have changed to your company however, I will wait until your teething problems are sorted.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
19/11/2011 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

spank the monkey

kbasat

Message Posted:
19/11/2011 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Bahceli Basestation is scheduled for Early next week, weather permitting.

@stockiefan, email us at infoi@multimaxcyprus.com and we will keep you updated.

monkey? where?

K.

kbasat

Message Posted:
19/11/2011 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

http://www.addictinggames.com/funny-games/monkey.jsp my record is 347mph

asdas

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Living in Esentepe. It's November 29th, 2011. Can anyone tell me how Multimax is doing here now ? We rely totally on connection for our phone-calls abroad with young and old folk in different parts of the world. This is so important to us and we need a reliable service. Thank you.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

I get my binos out to check whether or not the cleaning lady has again hung out her washing to dry on the hotel roof top signal basestation apparatus ! Out of range for a shotgun but a sniper rifle and a marksman's badge would be handy.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.