North Cyprus Tourist Board - My Pool Has Gone Brown
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > My Pool Has Gone Brown

My Pool Has Gone Brown

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 07:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I have previous problems with sand or dust being washed out of the air and deposited in the pool, but nothing like this before. It is completely opaque and I can't see the blue of the tiles more than 3 or 4 inches down the side, and my neighbour's pool is the same. Considering that it had already rained for a day before this happened, and presumably any latent sand was already cleared from the air, there must have been a terrible upheaval over on the Eastern mainland (Syria/Lebanon) to generate so much so quickly.

I am in Karsiyaka so maybe it is even worse on the East side as that is the direction the weather was coming from.

Trevturk

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 08:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

It does sound like sand and the red dust that the rain brings down happens all the time in Dubai you get pockets of it being sucked up then deposited in a localised area that's why not everyone has the same problem only your neighbour by the sons of it hopfully you won't get it again for a while...

Groucho

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Stop shitting in it!

deputydawg

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Groucho

JJ. Allow it to settle then gently and slowly hoover the bottom of the pool to "waste." It may take a couple of goes over a 24 hour period but if the mess is reasonably solid that should vastly improve things. Future rain (hopefully clean) should replace your loss of water.

If it does not work and you have to send for the expert Groucho, make sure he does not urinate in the pool when your back is turned ! Best of luck !

gooligan

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Must be localised to your side,mine's still crystal clear in Esentepe.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

I've sussed out what has happened now - to mine at least. There is a field behind me which now has a huge hole adjacent to my wall and a matching but smaller hole on my side. Clearly water has poured under the wall and flooded my garden above the height of the pool. It had all soaked away by this morning leaving the impression that it had come from the rain.

But what happened to my neighbours pool I can't work out.

pc4854

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Not meaning to teach you to suck eggs BUT don't forget to empty and clean the balance tank as that will probably have the same in it and when you recirculate, it will go all brown again. It might look OK but the soil will settle in the bottom and when the water level in the tank falls, the returning water will mix it all in again - I know from bitter experience.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Fortunately the pool is on recirculate (main drain) at the moment.

Once I stop using it I prefer the water level to drop so the pigeons stop coming for a drink - and shi**ing everywhere.

yrret

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

solid particles will soon settle with a little help from some floc, then hoover to waste, but don't do anything until you fix the source of the problem.

If the water did flood in from outside, then for sure your balance tank will be in the same state, possibly worse.

pc4854

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Re Message 8 - Yes John it is good that you are on main drain recirculation BUT the problem maybe that the inflow of soiled water to your pool went down the return channels straight into your balance tank. Indeed it is difficult to see how the pool has gone brown as this inflow should not have actually reached the pool itself. Any just check to make sure as it is annoying to have cleaned and have to do it all over again.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.