North Cyprus Tourist Board - TV and vpn problems ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TV and vpn problems ?

TV and vpn problems ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

the2ofus

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Have had ongoing persistent problems over the last month or so watching ITV/BBC and Ch4oD with either MYVPN and Nethouse VPN. Is anyone esle having the same problems ? BBC is the only one that we can watch - but not all the time and at times even iPlayer will not play.

MYVPN have said my speed back to UK is regurlarly between 1.25mg and 1.75mg so the internet connection speedwise does not seem to be the problem Nethouse have just given up trying to work out why their VPN will not work correctly - they just keep saying the connection (2mg) is ok and noone else is having the same problem.

But the problem seems to be with both MYVPN and Nethouse VPN so maybe it is our system set up.

Is there anyone who can check our set up/connections for us just in case the fault lies there ? We have 2 laptops (1 connected wirelessly and connected to the tv) and 1 router.

erolz

Message Posted:
16/11/2011 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

The first thing to do I would suggest is try without your router/wireless box but with the wired internet connection plugged directly into one of the laptops and see if that makes any difference.

To do this find the wire that comes into the house from the box on the roof, follow this. It will go into another small box and out of that another cable will goto the router. Follow this cable to your router and unplug it from the router and just plug that directly into your laptop.

If you are still having problems email me at erolz@cream.org and ill try and pop round and have a look when I get a chance.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.