North Cyprus Tourist Board - "Problems" at Thomas Cook
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > "Problems" at Thomas Cook

"Problems" at Thomas Cook

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Enchanted

Message Posted:
22/11/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Thomas Cook are today meeting their Bankers to try and restructure their company debts. The share price this morning has gone down by half! Holidays I understand are protected by Atol, so not a problem there, however, for those of you who are considering booking a flight through to Larnaca in the coming months it may be in your best interests to stick to BA.

There is no talk of the company collapsing, and I would not wish this post to be considered "scare mongering", but I'm pretty sure that if you have a flight only deal and the company goes down the pan then your money goes with it.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
22/11/2011 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I use Thomas Cook for holidays to Turkey and always book online, they had 2 shops in our local town now had a letter from them saying they are closing one of them, I could never understand the reason for 2 shops as they never seemed to be too busy.

Groucho

Message Posted:
22/11/2011 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Ever since the 70's travel companies have had a bumpy ride and several notable ones have fallen by the wayside. Tourism is a difficult business to get right... a destination, all the rage one year, can seem past its best the next. Whenever the western world feels the pinch, the annual holiday business takes a fair bit of the impact. Is it any wonder then that the likes of TC are struggling.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.