North Cyprus Tourist Board - buying a car from greek side
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > buying a car from greek side

buying a car from greek side

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

AmmarHuneidi

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

may i ask a question , im student in northern cyprus , if i want to buy a car from the other side , is it possible or not ? i can go to other side as my american passport , but will i be allowed to own a car from there ? please answer me i need an answer

colly

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I am no expert but I do believe that you would need an address in the south for all the legals, also believe that you would need to keep going back to the south as well!

Agobard

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I don't think it would be worth the trouble. You don't appear to fulfill any of the criteria required to get permission to use a GC registered car in the TRNC - you're not a Turkish Cypriot working in the south etc etc. It is tempting to consider buying cars in the south as they are a lot cheaper than here but, if the vehicle ends up being confiscated, it could be an expensive purchase.

Groucho

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

You have to pay the import duties and register it here :(

Erkin

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Msg 1:

The simple answer is no, you are not permited to use a Greek Registered car in the north, We did a thread about this about a month back about Greek cars being impounded in the north.

The there are only 2 ways a Greek Car can be used in the north,

1.You live and work in the south and use the car to cross to the north as a Tourist.

2. You are a Tc working in the south and have a permit issued to you by the customs and the Police Hq in Lefkosa.

if you have any kind of resident permit to reside in the north and what you said, you are a student, then NO is the answer to your question.

the only way other way for it to be possible for you to get a Greek car, is if you Change your status and move to the Nicosia but study in the north, this would be possible.

but subject to getting all the required paperwork first from the above mentioned.

otherwise the car will be impounded and 500TL fine issued.

andy2b123

Message Posted:
25/11/2011 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

DO NOT EVEN TRY trouble and night mare and in the end you will be out of pocket many thousands of TL

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.