North Cyprus Tourist Board - bringing pet to northern cyprus help!! need driver
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > bringing pet to northern cyprus help!! need driver

bringing pet to northern cyprus help!! need driver

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

lulubell

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 34 in Discussion

hi, i am moving to cyprus in july next year and in the process of trying to move life,business school etc. I have an english bulldog and its proving extremely difficult to bring her over. Neither turk hava yollari or turkish airlines accept bulldogs due to breed, cant fly into south side either, something to do with kennels. So i think the only way i can bring her over is by car to ancona,ferry to turkey and ferry to cyprus. SO basically i am looking for someone to drive me and dog over from uk to cyprus paid of course! have also looked into companies that do this but route seems very long and have pick ups along the way, so if anyone does this for a living or would be interested in driving from uk to cyprus then please let me know, would appreciate any help or advice also.

thank you

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 34 in Discussion

lulubell

get your vet to register her paperwork as a cross breed.

where are you based in the uk?

there are a lot of bulldogs here! they were allowing them in 3 years ago when we came here.

if you need anymore help, give me an email at sharpeisara@hotmail.com

tracy

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 34 in Discussion

Hi we are moving over next year too.

We have a very large English Mastiff and were told to try Airpets I think they are London Based but not too sure. We too are thinking of driving ours over here but we do not have a definate date yet sorry, somebody on here will help I am sure or they will know somebody to help you.

Good Luck

Tracy

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 34 in Discussion

tracy

it use to be the rule with cta that the dog couldn't be more than 23 inches tall.(to the shoulder hight) give me an email and i may know someone based in mildenhall suffolk who can help.

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 02:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 34 in Discussion

hi firestarter

Unfortunately cannot get her registered as cross breed as she was purchased in italy and all documentation shows pedigree dog... had thought about this also.. i am actually based in northern ireland belfast to be exact better known as the north pole!!!!!!! roll on next summer as sitting here in fleece,socks scarf,and pjs need i go on!!! and no i am not oustide i am in my front room!!! thanks for your email address and will keep in touch and thank you so much for your help,

thanks

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 02:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 34 in Discussion

hi all airlines that fly into ercan do not take english bulldogs and i think neither mastiffs unfortunately so thats why we are looking for a driver to drive us over.couldnt even think of leaving her behind as she is female lulu and my male died suddenly at 4 this year.. have contacted par air but to be honest did not find them helpfull as they said no airline would take her and it would be costly be road.... this i was aware of but they didnt want to go any further airpets the same maybe this was just in my case. i will be coming over in july for 2 months while lulu is staying here, i will then fly back and get her and do the journey back to northern cyprus decided this would be better for her as you know english bulldogs have a hard time with there breathing and to arrive in july and for her to go straight into kennels just stresses me out. so i would be flexible on dates if i was lucky enough to find someone to do this as it would be brilliant to bring her over this way.

thanks

Hippo

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 05:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 34 in Discussion

i am available for driving please pm me or leave e mail address

littlenige

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 06:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 34 in Discussion

I am up for the drive mail me.

Nigelandpat@sunnycyprus.met

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 34 in Discussion

hi llubll i brought my staffordshire here and i agree the heat does get to them, on one of the boards last wek there was a petition from downing street to allow the TRNCto accept pet passports you go into thier webpage a sign the etition. if you wish you can email me at guidoandliz@yahoo.co.uk and i will get details for you may also know a driver sorry its cold in ireland, i remember thiose winters there, good luck and please email lilli

fire starter

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 34 in Discussion

lulu

it doesn't matter what her pedigree says, don't show them it, you don't need to.

just get her pet passport docs upto date registered as a cross breed .

your vet can help you.

aripointer

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 34 in Discussion

Look up the Quaff website (Google it). Speak with June Hamilton I am sure she can help?

AP

tracy

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 34 in Discussion

Thanks Rose I will email you !

Good luck Lulubell

Jayne

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 34 in Discussion

We used Airpets to bring our dog last year and their services was excellent! Give them a try - details on internet. Good luck!

Amber

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 34 in Discussion

Lulubell

We were lucky in that we came over with CTA and were able to have our cat in the cabin with us, as she was under 5KG. Obviously that wont apply to your bulldog.

Whilst in quarantine, we spoke to a lot of people and they used Air Pets and said they were very good.

Prepare yourself for the quarantine here as it is not pleasant, hope it may change before July.

Hope all goes well, but she may suffer in July with it being so hot, so if you can bring her at another time it may be better.

simbas

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 34 in Discussion

i know this may sound stupid , but could Jo Valentine possible know anything about transporting animals ?

mfccyprus

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 34 in Discussion

hello when you say you want a driver will you be using your own car or do you need a driver with a car i have done the journey myself a couple of times i now live in cyprus but could travel over to drive you back i was a chauffeur in london for 25 years if any help.

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 34 in Discussion

hi mfccyprus

yes i dont have a car as have sold mine because think it will be far better to purchase in cyprus, so i would be looking for a driver and car...

post your email address and i can contact you

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 34 in Discussion

hi littlenige

thanks for the offer, i have tried to email you but keeps saying wrong email address i have is it as appears in your message posted?

nigeland pat@sunnycyprus.met?

please let me know if i have the wrong address if not mine is natascia.fontana@ntlworld.com

thanks

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 34 in Discussion

hi firestarter

yes it would be good idea although lulu already has a pet pasport declaring her as a pedigree english bulldog.... i asked my vet, and judging by the look on his face i took it as a noooooooo...

and he is the best vet here in belfast so hence back to square one.

had also thought about trying to pass her off as a very over weight chihuahua... but dont think its gona work!!!!

have had some replys re driver this site is a godsend!!

thanks to everyone for help and advice.

Nyki9

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 34 in Discussion

hi there lulubell

i brought my dog over in the month of aug.

it was very hot but she and family coped well

it was the most stressfull part of moving getting her over,

poppy is a rotweiller and was no problem on entry or with airline. it has tightened up since so we hear.

my advice wld be to contact defra

do not falsify your documents as this could be a quick turnaround for ur dog back to uk, as u know her pedigree and breed is how u can recognise her,

we flew with pet air. Do get a petpassport even though it states not needed to enter the country.

is it country as well as airline that will not allow dog and will u have to check all countries u go through first that they allow ur dog entry???

i will try and find out what countries u will definately travel through tomoz as i have a friend who knows a local who does this journey for a living. i wld try and come into the country with a local if i were u as they are obviously more knowledgable and connected.

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 34 in Discussion

hi nyki9

yes of course all lulus documents and passport are registered as bulldog and we have travelled with her from italy to here. yes i am really dreading it as i think it will be so stressfull, although having lived in italy lulu is used to hot summers but think coming from cold to really hot might be too much hence thinking of coming over in summer then maybe bringing her over later or before summer, depends if i can find someone willing to do it. yes pet air also stated that neither airlines which fly into ercan accept english bulldogs due to breed. the only explanation which both airlines gave me was its company policy we dont accept bulldogs???? hmmmmmm par air also said unfortunately as of recently no airline will accept bulldogs, i dont think it will change over the next 7 months unfortunately. yes i have her passport and have had for 3 years as i needed it whilst in italy and also to travel through countries on my way over to cyprus. thanks for that ,

i also drive and

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 34 in Discussion

could share the driving over with the person willing to help, i also speak turkish so this helps a little. thanks for message and yes would be great if you could let me know what countries i would need to travel through.

thanks again

johns

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 34 in Discussion

Lulubell,

I also know somebody who would help you with this problem & has done the drive through France, Italy & Turkey previously, Has own transport & has driven all over Europe in previous employment as lorry driver.

Please e-mail me off board if interested.

Thanks

John

Littlenige

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 34 in Discussion

eh up THY needs a driver that can get thee thrugh poo and stuff it wll happen I speak de lingo if by chance I do not speaka de lingo I am A NICE CHAP and a smile and gesticulation will go a long way

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 34 in Discussion

hi littlenige

seems to be a problem with your email address can you send it again?

lulubell

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 34 in Discussion

hi johns

thanks for message yes please email me with any info at natascia.fontana@ntlworld.com

thanks

PIPIE

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 34 in Discussion

If it helps who ever drives for you can use my Landover discovery , plenty of room for the dog in the back . Would be also do me a favour as i could then use it for a few monthes while i am over there . Hope this helps .

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 34 in Discussion

Please forgive me if I'm telling you something that you already know, -

I believe that TRNC are no longer in the Pet Passport scheme.

KAR have a factsheet available -

http://www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org/petstocyprus.html

They may be able to offer some advice or suggestions re. driving etc.

and you need to contact DEFRA in the UK for various forms / approvals, as well as the TRNC vetinary dept - well in advance!

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 34 in Discussion

hi lulubell thank you fo you email and after redin all the posts you have had a lot of good offers, all i can say with the advice to contact DEFRA please state to them that it is northen cyprus, i had real trouble i went back to get my staffy only to find out at the 23rd hour he was going to cyprus south side and not travelling with me, can you imagine it i had to find a company who would take him look after him sort out the paperwork etc in 3 hours luckily i did and they were wonderful he arrived 12 days later did his quartine not nice but we survvived, he is so happyy here i agree he does not like the heat but loves his freedom if i can help you as an irish woman to another please let me know good luck god bless x

littlenige

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 34 in Discussion

email sent lulubell

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 34 in Discussion

If it's any help, I was in customs last evening with friends who have flown

their two dogs over. One was a mixed breed, one was, oh gosh, a big one!

The bigger one was just over 30'' high. their breeds were noted, and their

pet passports were taken for quarantine.

By the wasy, just a thought, if you are driving a pet through different

countries, won't they too have quarantine laws. I'd hate for you to be stuck in

each country for a month while the dog is cleared.

lulubell

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 34 in Discussion

hi lilli,

thanks for you reply, god that must of been awful. im not looking forward to the whole experience and hope it goes as well as can be! hopefully she wont have to be in quarentine too long as have heard various people say that the time they stay there varies so fingers crossed yes had some good offers but alot for just a driver and i really need a driver and car, but hopefully can get something sorted out.

belfast is freezing and it snowed yesterday im sure you dont miss the weather, im actually half italian and half turkish cypriot and been in belfast for 3 years now, love it but cant wait to come over to cyprus!! anyway thanks once again for all your help and advice

take care

lulubell

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 34 in Discussion

hi flowerfairy

thanks for message, yes many other dogs can travel by air to ercan as only a certain number of breeds cant travel including bulldogs. and no even though you pass through other countries they dont have to do quarentine whilst travelling through.

at least for now anyway.

lulubell

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 34 in Discussion

hi johns

can you please contact me my email i natascia.fontana@ntlworld.com, as i cannot contact you off board as do not have you email address.

thanks

lullubell

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.