North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where to get toughened or laminated glass in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where to get toughened or laminated glass in TRNC

Where to get toughened or laminated glass in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

caulkhead

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I would like to replace the glass in my internal doors with safety glass; either toughened or laminated. I am told this is no available in the TRNC. Does anyone know if this is correct or, if not, where it can be sourced please? Thanks

kibsolar

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Not available in TRNC. another problem is that you might need them in certain and maybe also different sizes. very low chance also in Turkey. I can offer you approx 10 glasses approx 1,15 meter x 2,15 meters. need to check. 2nd hand.

caulkhead

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

kibsolar - thank you for your offer but my doors are a different size and the glass would need cutting.

I think I will have to bring out some of the special film next time so I can make then safe. My sister fell through a glass door as a child and I worry about grandchildren doing the same.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
29/11/2011 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Having seen many windows here, some of massive size, and glazed with woefully thin ordinary glass on the likes of villa stairwells/landings, sliding doors, and shopfronts I spent 3 months trying to source toughened or wired glass and heat resistent glass to at the least make our domestic situation safe for all. I had many false promises from local glaziers quoting ridiculous prices but none ever came up with the goods. Apparently the factory outlets in Lefkosa can only cut glass in square, oblong, or round shapes and even expensive imports from Italy are restricted to the small sizes and shapes which fit log burners. To laminate them with film as you suggest may be the only answer. For those who need light on stairwells and landings I can only think of replacing any dangerous thin glass windows with the see through type blocks which are commonly used in bathrooms and shower units.

caulkhead

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

DD thank you for relating your experience. I now know what I will be putting in my suitcase next time.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.