North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where can I buy a wicker dog basket?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where can I buy a wicker dog basket?

Where can I buy a wicker dog basket?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

ozankoys

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I bought the last one a few years ago at a little shop in Edremit, is this still there please or has anyone seen a nice quality round one anywhere else?

Groucho

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

What's a 'wicker dog'?

artistabroad

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

The basket shop in Edremit is still there, and as far as I'm aware still selling dog and cat baskets.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks very much for the info will take a ride up there.

Tango1

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Other than an Auction I've never seen wicker baskets anywhere else than the Edremit shop.

blade

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Please buy a plastic one. The wicker type baskets can be dangerous of your dog chews or swallow any of it.

Those foam cushion types are just as bad, they are filled with the same inside stuff as a duvet and very dangerous if eaten.

Plastic with a blanket or fleece is safest.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

How do you stop them chewing the fleece blankets, or any form of bedding come to think of it! My dog is terrible for it, ont want to leave her without it in the winter but she just cant help herself the second my back is turned it looks like a swarm of locusts have been at her bed!

ozankoys

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi blade I appreciate your concern but my dogs do not eat their beds or bedding, incidently my friend in UK has a Border Collie called Blade.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

One of my dogs managed to chew a plastic basket as well! Leaving sharp shards sticking out and guess who cut themselves on them - me!

Last week I went shopping for a cosy dog basket for my new puppy (there isnt room for one of the wicker type). I was horrified at the price of VERY badly made items with foam rubber which swells inside a dogs tummy if swallowed!

Got suitable sized topless cardboard box , cut out a side entrance, put a couple of old towels in he bottom and covered with an old cotton tablecloth. Dog is perfectly happy with it and so far hasnt chewed. If she does, or makes a mess, I can throw it out and replace box for nothing and bedding cheaply from a Charity shop giving my money to a good cause rather than an extorionate Pet Shop.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

One of my dogs managed to chew a plastic basket as well! Leaving sharp shards sticking out and guess who cut themselves on them - me!

Last week I went shopping for a cosy dog basket for my new puppy (there isnt room for one of the wicker type). I was horrified at the price of VERY badly made items with foam rubber which swells inside a dogs tummy if swallowed!

Got suitable sized topless cardboard box , cut out a side entrance, put a couple of old towels in he bottom and covered with an old cotton tablecloth. Dog is perfectly happy with it and so far hasnt chewed. If she does, or makes a mess, I can throw it out and replace box for nothing and bedding cheaply from a Charity shop giving my money to a good cause rather than an extorionate Pet Shop.

blade

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Yes i agree they do chew the plastic type, but it is minimal in comparison to those cushion types and wicker in the damage it can do to your dogs insides.

We test all stuff we give to our kids, so why not for our dogs? It can be just as dangerous.

I buy the fleece type bankets they are only a few euros in ikea, wash and dry quickly and mine appear to leave them alone. Anything they can get a strip or thread from is a danger and waste of time.

In the UK we get a product called 'vet bed' which kennels and breeders often use, not usually eaten, more like a furry fleece but i haven't seen any availble here. I have a friend with a pet shop in the south so i will ask, and about cost.

Ozankoys, Blade my user name, named after a friend who looks like the actor, much loved but now sadly in the UK.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.