North Cyprus Tourist Board - Warning ..... Email saying Wow! Look at my photos etc...Delete!!!!!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Warning ..... Email saying Wow! Look at my photos etc...Delete!!!!!!!!

Warning ..... Email saying Wow! Look at my photos etc...Delete!!!!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Pictures

judyr

Message Posted:
30/11/2011 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

If you get this from a contact do not open. I did and now have lost my Hotmail account! unfortunately before that it automatically sent on to all my contacts and I cannot get into the account to warn them so the same will happen to them.....

tracy

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for letting us know

Tracy

ozankoys

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Yes thanks Judy I got this message into my gmail account this morning so deleted it straight away thanks to your warning.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I would never open an email from someone I don't know - even then I am careful because of these account hijacking problems. A couple of tips for Hotmail users (maybe they work elsewhere also):-

■ Select 'Options' 'More options...' 'Filters and Reporting' and then select 'Exclusive'. Only safe messages will reach your inbox.

■ If you pause the cursor over the sender's name then Hotmail will show you the underlying email address - very useful for scams when a message purports to be from some respectable organisation. This works also for links within messages - when you see the underlying link isn't what is shown in the message then you know not to click on it.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Now I have just recieved a message from 'Judy and Vincent' with a title warning me not to open any message from them. I did't.

Although I don't know Judy and Vincent I see from viewing the message source that mine and 30 or so other emails are from a MSN group called 'driveway sale' so I guess they are the people who sent me the list for the driveway sale last saturday.

judyr

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Message 4. The email did come from someone I know and it sent to all in their contacts, including me. I opened it quite innocently thinking they had sent me photos from when they were here recently and this then sent it to all my contacts and so on............... It was nothing harmful luckily but just very annoying!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.