North Cyprus Tourist Board - anyone been to Immigration Lefkosa to apply for visa for a visitor?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > anyone been to Immigration Lefkosa to apply for visa for a visitor?

anyone been to Immigration Lefkosa to apply for visa for a visitor?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

I wish to bring a friend here for 90 days.There is no TRNC contact in her country.

And she needs permission before flying into Ercan

Anyone got contact names,email.

I would like to go to Lefkosa with an appointment

Thanks for any help

Mike

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Maybe If you tell the readers which country she is coming from it might help, maybe they have a consulate in Cyprus,or maybe even Turkey.Just a thought .

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

John,she is a Filipina....living in the Phillipines.Have had 2 great holidays there this year

Mike

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Mike , when I stayed in Paphos there were lots of philopinos(?) maybe contact someone there and then cross over for her holiday .Just a suggestion maybe there is an embassy on the south side who could advise,worth a call.

mamachina

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Mike, if she can get a visa for the south, let her go there first and then meet at the border. One of my ex students from China, did this when in the south, I met her and she came over on a 90 day visa, no trouble at all. I was expecting her to have difficulties and need a visa beforehand, but no! Of course, this may not be the same for the Phillipines - or it may have been who was on duty at the time - one never knows here!!!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Ann msg 5 & Michael Msg 1 - There are only a few (I think two) countries where a visa is required for the TRNC before arrival and I don't recall either being the Philippines or China (I could be wrong). I don't know how long a visa would be issued on arrival but if you are with the visitor you can probably ensure it is 90 days.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Filipinas don't need a visa to come to TRNC - only Albanians and Nigerians. My Thai friend entered without fuss. Her problem was at Bangkok because Turkish Airlines demanded a visa before they would let her board - they don't know the rules. Eventually I got it sorted and she came without a visa and got one like everybody else on arrival. However, send her a letter inviting her to stay for 3 months and tell her to show this to immigration together with her return ticket or they might only give her 30 days.

But if she comes via Istanbul she will have a problem. Turkish Airlines don't fly from Manila so she can't book through to Ercan and must change carriers at Istanbul. This means she will need to go through passport control at Istanbul and Filipinas can't buy a visa at the airport. You can book her to Dubai and then change to Turkish Airlines there so she will be transit at Istanbul - or you can take the suggestion to get a South Cyprus visa and collect her from Larnaca.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

John Msg 7 - Thanks those were the two nationalities I could not remember.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

John,I want to guarantee a 90 day visa !!!Where could I get this guarantee if she went thro'Lamarka?She has a Filipina friend there.I will do her invite tonight.

My journeys to the Phillipines this year have been Larnaca-Dubai-Manilla-Cebu City.Much the cheapest and quickest....Emirate Airlines all the way.

I will check later,unless someone knows,if Turkish Airlines flies to Istanbul from Dubai.

Yes,I am sure I have to get her "in transit"in Istanbul,so first Immigration is at Ercan.

Faling this I worked out she could go from Cebu to Korea,Seoul,then fly Turkish from there

to Istanbul.Then in transit..yippee

Mike

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

I understand you can go to the central police station in Lefkosa and extend a 30 day visa to 90 days after entry - but please seek more a reliable authority than mine.

If you are with her at the land border I think you can easily convince them to give 90 days - at Ercan you cannot be with her. But as another has said - it depends who is on duty and what mood they are in. Failing all this she can border hop like so many of our compatriates. You don't actually have to cross into the South at Metehan to be able to re-enter TRNC as you can just go into no-man's land - the same at the Ledra Palace foot crossing (not Ledra Street).

If she goes via the South then she must get a visa in advance - but I would not advise that she mentions the North in her application, better to say she wants to stay with her friend in the South. But I don't know anything about visa applications for the South or even if they have an embassy/consulate in the Philippines - maybe they won't give 90 days.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

As to getting a visa in advance here - I have never heard of it. And even if it is possible you would need to have her passport with you for the visa to be stamped. Certainly it cannot hurt to visit the Ministry of Interior to seek advice - after all TRNC doesn't always to what you might expect. Or simply go and talk to Immigration at Ercan - they are the ones who will let her in.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks John....I have decided to go to Immigration,Lefkosa on Monday.

And seek their advice.

I will take a letter inviting Janice here

So much information,I will re-read in the morning

Time for a drink,me thinks

Mike

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Still love to here anyone brought a Filipina to TRNC as a 90 day visitor or as a partner.

Thanks again

Mike

blade

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

I do know those working in the south are there on work visas only. If they loose their job they have three months to find another if they fail they are sent home. I am not sure if they can get a holiday visa?

rocky

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

is it straightforward for a foreign national in NC to obtain a visa to visit UK ...can they do it online through UK borders agency website or do they need to go to Lefkosa?????????

philbailey

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

This site may help

http://www.filipinawives.com/So.htm

it seems genuine

mikelapta

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Lots of useful information,but,as yet nothing concrete.Would love to hear from a Brit that lives here,and brought over a Filipina on a visitor visa,or as a partner.

I am in all day tomorrow hehe.....please phone or email me anytime.

I will be going to Immigration,Lefkosa on Monday to enquire further

Thanks for any more help that is forthcoming

Mike

negativenick

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

an awful lot of faffing around for a bunk up, me thinks.............

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.