North Cyprus Tourist Board - FOR SALE. Selling Puppies-KyReNia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > FOR SALE. Selling Puppies-KyReNia

FOR SALE. Selling Puppies-KyReNia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

Katiee

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Hi everyone! We are selling 1-month cyprus terrier puppies. For contacts: 0533-837-18-24

simbas

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Surely you are not selling them as young as that

Simbas

martinD41

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

What!!! they should be 6 months at least , what are you thinking for heaven sake... at a month old they are not properly weaned..

carian

Message Posted:
01/12/2011 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Martin, do you mean 6 weeks at least? Definitely too young at 4 weeks.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

I thought it was generally 8 weeks. 4 weeks is too young to leave their mum.

yrret

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 07:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Another retard (don't edit this. don't hide the truth) adding to the over population of puppies and dogs, and oblivious to the problems around them. Hopefully no-one will buy any so the person breeding does not make any money out of possible future animal misery.

If people want a pup/dog, go to KAR and get one for free, and be part of a solution (albeit a struggling one) and not part of the [growing] problem.

Tango1

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

I think you're very brave to publish to your phone number because you will deserve any abuse that comes your way. Are you stupid or what? Why should anyone buy from you? Get your animal spayed and stop using her as a way of making money. How could you think of taking pups awa from their Mother at that age in any case. It just shows how little you know about them. If people are looking for a pup, then they can get one from KAR in the knowledge it will have been checked for any illness and free of infection.

swyflot

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Messages 6 and 7.....Spot on....yet more totally irresponsible breeding. Brains and dangerous springs to mind.

Not just stupid but thoughtless and greedy too.

rigsby

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

This has to be a wind up.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Maybe, just maybe you are all jumping the gun a bit here without knowing all the circumstances. While I do not condone deliberately breeding dogs for profit here maybe this one got pregnant accidentally? It is also normal practice to look for homes for puppies at around 4 weeks so that people can chose them and then wait for them to be old enough i.e. 8 weeks to take them home.

Maybe they are asking for some money to try & screen potential owners.

I have no knowledge of this person or their dogs but to hang draw & quarter her immediately without knowing all the facts is not very charitable.

Yes there are lots of dogs at KAR & we have taken dogs in ourselves but a puppy who has had proper nutrition & is brought up in a home environment with its mother has had a much better start in life & should therefore be more healthy in adulthood.

Or maybe I am barking up the wrong tree & you are all right!

R.C.T.Man.

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

I think you are right Connie like most postings on here people jump to conclusions straight away instead of taking a step back & thinking before they post.

ozankoymum

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Message 10, the voice of reason, well done!

Geomin

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Ozankoys, you make a very good point however this person needs to know that 4 weeks is far too young to take pups away from their mother. I know it happens, but if it can be avoided then it should for the pups' sake.

yrret

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Messages 10-12, does not clearly say 1 say 'selling'?

If the person wants to dispose of accidentally born pups, to the benefit of all the pups, then wait a reasonable time, and offer them for free, and on condition that the animals will be spayed, and don't cash in on the situation.

The use of the word 'selling' clearly demonstrates a business intent.

If it is accidental births, say so, there is more likelyhood of the animals being taken. Also then have the mother spayed.

Now, lets not pat those on the back who make KAR's work more difficult.

Katiee

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Thank you all for the posts.

At the time we got this dog from the street. It turned out that she was pregnant. Then we gave all the six puppies away to the friends and friends of the friends. While feeding the dog got ill. She were not looking after the babies. When they were trying to find the milk, she started barking. And with every opportunity she was trying to escape. In the end she just fell. When she was taken to the doctor it turned out that there was a lack of Calcium, and the treatment cost 330 tl at that time (not little money for the student). Now the story repeats. She's got 6 puppies more. And she stopped feeding them, she tries to run away when i'm taking her outside. If she is at home, she is just lying in the corner. She can't get well after giving a birth. And it's quite difficult to look after 7 dogs at once, you know. The word 'selling' doesn't demonstrate any business intent. This money is for dog's treatment. Not for entertainment.

Katiee

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

At the time we got this dog from the street. It turned out that she was pregnant. Then we gave all the six puppies away to the friends and friends of the friends. While feeding the dog got ill. She were not looking after the babies. When they were trying to find the milk, she started barking. And with every opportunity she was trying to escape. In the end she just fell. When she was taken to the doctor it turned out that there was a lack of Calcium, and the treatment cost 330 tl at that time (not little money for the student). Now the story repeats. She's got 6 puppies more. And she stopped feeding them, she tries to run away when i'm taking her outside. If she is at home, she is just lying in the corner. She can't get well after giving a birth. And it's quite difficult to look after 7 dogs at once, you know. The word 'selling' doesn't demonstrate any business intent. This money is for dog's treatment. Not for entertainment.

Katiee

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

blade

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

If your female is feeding puppies she needs a massive increase in her food intake so that she can produce enough milk for the pups.

By 3-4 weeks old the puppies need weaning, get some complete dog food, soak in water then mash it up, that should be enough for them, along with a bowl of fresh water. Then Mum can get a break and her health will recover.

Puppies shouldn't leave their Mum and litter mates until they are at least 6-8 weeks old. It's not just about feeding but they are also learning .

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Oh dear! Yet another case of someone getting "lumbered" because of a kind action. There reallyshould be some help and support in these cases. Dont KAR take action where a bitch and puppies are concerned and would they not at least pay for the bitch to be spayed?

Ozankoys : I agree having a dog from puppihood is generally more satisfactory. The one I had from knowledgeable carers as soon as he was weaned was much easier to train and is a much calmer , more obedient and loving animal than the older dogs from kennels or straight off the streets.

I am afraid even so Katiee you dont stand much chance of selling the pups. There are two many dogs - and especially Cyprus terriers - going for free and too many people who will only spend money to import unsuitable breeds.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 07:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Yes what a sad story I know that street dogs are often resistant to being re-homed, once they are used to wandering it seems they cannot get it out of their system.

Perhaps some people would like to offer some financial support for these puppies to at least alleviate part of the problem for Katiee.

carian

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Katiee,

If you do manage to sell these puppies to pay for the mother's treatment at the vet's, please use some of the money to get her spayed so this situation doesn't repeat itself again.

Wiser

Message Posted:
04/12/2011 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

What colour are the puppies?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.