North Cyprus Tourist Board - Did Residency today - police station part
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Did Residency today - police station part

Did Residency today - police station part

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Arriving at 0730, my son and I were the first "foreigners" there. Door opened at 0750, given numbers 1 and 2. In and out by 0810. To state hospital, Girne, found the room without too much trouble. About a dozen people waiting. Got through within the hour and 270TL lighter, then off to lab in Kamilgloglu private clinic. Somehow got there before all the others from the hospital who had left before us. Blood and TB test done, no dramas. Back to police station for second check of papers, plus check receipt of tests. All done and dusted, with a smile and a joke(!) by 10.15. Result. Go to Lefkosia in 2 weeks....phew...done for another year. The easiest yet.

Trollzor

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Cool, sounds like fun day out. Hope you enjoyed it!

flutterby

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Oh doesn;t sound so terrible. Going in few weeks. Where is the private cliinic CarrieR. Do you have to go back to collect your own results or do they get sent to Lefkosa?

Thanks.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Trollzor, the post was meant by way of information only.

flutterby... they change the clinic daily I believe so you may not be sent to the one we went to but should you be, heading towards Astro, pass the water roundabout (near main Girne Police station) then take next right, take first left and park in that street. The hospital is at the end of the street turning right and it's on the left. You cannot miss the huge sign. We go back Monday to collect our results and we take them to Lefkosia (unopened of course!) when we go and get our residency passport stamp. Who looks at these result is beyond me as the stamp usually occurs without the envelope being opened. Oh well..... this is Cyprus my friends.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

All a lot of bureaucratic money making nonsense. When a Government makes a promissory note that after 5 years of participating in annual 'temporary visitor', on the sixth year it will be permanent, decides to renege retrospectively on any previous legislated guarantee are not fit for purpose and should be shot!

Richard

CyprusNow

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

carrieRbag

Tell me, why should anyone care?

flutterby

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 07:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks for info CarrieR

Yes agree it is money making nonsense too, but when in Rome I suppose. From one extreme to another having come from UK huh?

Agobard

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 07:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Message 4: they don't look at the results at all for the simple reason that you wouldn't have been given them if you had failed! The failed ones are passed directly to the health department.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

CyprusNow - why should anyone care about what? My experience at the police station? If that is the question then I am not asking anyone to "care". I put it on so that those who have to go in the immediate future might have some idea of what is happening these days. Read it or not, entirely a voluntary thing

Agobard - thank you for your insight. I did not know that so the exclamation mark was perhaps a bit harsh!

Brinsley - of course it's a money making exercise but one we have to do if we wish to live here. I hate doing residency year in and year out as much as the next person but as they have us by the short and curlies so to speak...if you can suggest an alternative, other than not living here, then please share. Thank you.

Cazleo

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

CarrieRBag - don't forget that if your old residency has run out don't cross the border until you get your new visa in your passport or you will be fined when you re-enter the north.

carian

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

CarrieRBag, When you go to do your residency in a couple of weeks, ask if you can have 2 years so that at least you can have a years respite from this annual chore. ( Although your son won't get 2 years ) I managed to get it when I was 59 and my friend got 2 years also when she was 58, but at that time we didn't have to repeat the blood tests so it might have changed. Could be worth a try though.

Good Luck!

teatime

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

I know it's been asked before and I'm liable to get abuse, but as things are constantly changing could you advise what paperwork etc. is needed for renewing residency, thanks.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Contact me via email and I will list the docs required by CarrierRBag yesterday. However, be aware it could change.

yrret

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

What's that new barrier with the small door outside the immigration ofice at the Police stn? It must have appeared over the last few months, is that where you queue now? or the other side outside the door still?

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Cazleo - I tried to cross to the South last year, after visa had expired and they would not let me go, unless I paid 200TL. I gave it a miss.

Carian, I will ask for 2 years (am 57) but doubt I will get it... seems to be a lottery as to who you see whether you get the 2 years or not. Will try though.. thanks.

That barrier was there when we went and it was locked. We were told to go outside to the other door, which was open. I suspect you have to queue outside the door, but cannot confirm as I said, it was open when we went. There is also more seating inside now.

Teatime, no abuse from me for sure, but it does change almost weekly. I got the list of things to take from the BRS website and just added a copy of my marriage certificate and a copy of my husbands passport picture page and also his residence stamp as he was not accompanying us having been grated 2 years residency last year. I take everything and they can take out what they don't need! Worked for me.

Hope this

Baydweller

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Your right, depends on who you see.

I went last week, smiled, said please, but the guy who dealt with me told me next year I can have 2.

I'm 4 months short of my 60th at the moment.

A lady who had just been in got 2 years & she was younger than me!!!

Such is life, at least no medical next year.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.