North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any TCs on here bought property in NC last 10 years?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any TCs on here bought property in NC last 10 years?

Any TCs on here bought property in NC last 10 years?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

brother

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Just wondered if you would share some information regarding what motivated you and how the issues over ex pat ownership may have informed your strategy.

Please, only TCs need respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance

kbasat

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

What motivated me to by a property in North Cyprus? Well I happen to be Cypriot and this is my home? Was I expected to buy a house in Sicily instead?

What issues over ex-pat ownership you are referring to? What kind of information was it supposed to provide me to affect my strategy.

I think you need to clarify and rephrase your question.

K.

brother

Message Posted:
02/12/2011 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Perhaps I should make myself a little clearer. I meant to target those TCs who either returned to the island or those who are still predominantly living overseas.

As to the issues encountered by the ex pats, specifically to do with lawyers, builders and title deeds and possibly distinct locations not necessarily by the sea.

Visitor

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I bought for the same reasons as Message 2. I purchased a character house. The expat issues did not affect my decision as I wasn`t after a new build (Brookside by the sea) and I would never purchase a Greek Cypriot exchange or otherwise.

philbailey

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Guess there are not many T/Cs on here?

vonny

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

My husband is a TC,we bought our house just under 10yrs ago but only moved in over 3 and a half yrs ago, as he always wanted to return to his country we have had no problems and happy that we made the move.im glad i didnt read some of the horror stories on C44 as i might of been scared to come over here to live,but thankfully all has gone well for us.

sHe666

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I am TC and we made the move back to North Cyprus from Australia 6 years ago. Our reason was that like the UK everyone had rights and financial aid except the working class.

I look at North Cyprus as a baby who has teething problems however in time it will grow up

brother

Message Posted:
03/12/2011 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks to those who have so far shared their general motives and perspectives on issues reported (albeit within a distinct market from the TC market).

canavar

Message Posted:
05/12/2011 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I decided to have a new house built in my homeland, for the very reason that it is my homeland. As I wanted a place in the sun it made sense to do it where I considered home, where I would be accepted without any prejudice.

The situation regarding the ex-pat buyers did not come into question as I realised very quickly that the whole property market was like a snake pit, so took precautions when parting with my money. I wouldn't buy a property in the UK without the usual guarantees (made possible with the use of a Solicitor), so I decided to take the same precautions in TRNC. Although I didn't use a lawyer, I did insist on a bank guarantee from the builder.

This was some years ago and I can happily report that everything went as smoothly as these things can in TRNC, house complete, deeds in my name, happy times in the sun.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.