North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help needed - Doggy cart
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help needed - Doggy cart

Help needed - Doggy cart

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Egepen

Message Posted:
13/12/2011 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

We were hoping that someone would be able to help us or point us in the right direction. Unfortunately our little cocker spaniel was hit by a car a couple of weeks ago and has factured her back, she has movement in her legs but at the moment has no strength or control over her back legs. We are looking in to a doggy mobility cart or someone who might be able to build one.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks Harriette

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
13/12/2011 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Oh dear Harriette you are not having much luck with your spaniels first Rocky and now his mother.I hope your luck improves.Bob.

artistabroad

Message Posted:
13/12/2011 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Several of the online dog mobility cart manufacturers will deliver overseas, one in the UK is http://www.dogmobile-online.com. They also manufacture harnesses which may be sufficient if it's a temporary problem??

blade

Message Posted:
13/12/2011 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Why not ask in a couple of the pet shops in the south, i am sure someone could obtain one for you.

Egepen

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks for everyone's advise very much appreciated. x

Cazleo

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

So sorry to hear about your poor dog. I'm in a similar situation, although the dislocation of my boxer's hip was more her own doing rather than a car's. We are looking at a making something to enable her to get around as following her operation on Saturday she may not have full use of her legs for a couple of months, if we manage it i will let you know.

Egepen

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Oh thanks cazleo, she is so healthy and determined to be better that i just hope that she will gain her strength and movement back in her back legs. Fingers crossed for a christmas miracle. Good luck with your doggies operation on Saturday.

blade

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Massage i have seen work wonders for a little dog who we never thought would walk again. So give it a go it may help? Good luck.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Edgepen : So sorry to hear about the dogs accident - maybe particularly since I have a cocker spaniel (cross) such lovely dogs.

Do let us know how you get on - so nice to hear someone so concerned about their pet and doing something to help.

Hope this isnt too simplistic but have you tried KAR - being doggy people they might have ideas/contacts. Also particularly if you visit the UK or have contacts there, the RSPCA or Blue Cross? Do peoplentaking dogs to UK/Germany etc. bring back the travelling kennels? I so could they bring a "trolley" with it?

flutterby

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

As Blade has said, our beautiful little cocker spaniel had lost the use of her back legs and with the expertise of the most caring and experienced vet we have ever met, with alcohol massages, vitamins and tlc, she got full use of her legs back, and spent two extra years with us that we did not think we would have. The vet's name is Mustafa and he has his practice in Gonyeli. I also can never thank Blade enough for her role at the time.

flutterby

Message Posted:
14/12/2011 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

As Blade has said, our beautiful little cocker spaniel had lost the use of her back legs and with the expertise of the most caring and experienced vet we have ever met, with alcohol massages, vitamins and tlc, she got full use of her legs back, and spent two extra years with us that we did not think we would have. The vet's name is Mustafa and he has his practice in Gonyeli. I also can never thank Blade enough for her role at the time.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.