North Cyprus Tourist Board - RoC vehicle leaving North Cyprus through Girne for Tasucu
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > RoC vehicle leaving North Cyprus through Girne for Tasucu

RoC vehicle leaving North Cyprus through Girne for Tasucu

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

My pal who lives in the RoC is returning to the UK in the near future. He is considering driving back through Turkey and on into Europe departing Cyprus via Girne port and across to Tasucu.

His vehicle was imported by him into the RoC via Limassol from the UK and is now on RoC registration plates, he no longer has the UK log book.

Does anyone have any experience of this route on RoC plates please? In particular departing Girne and entering Turkey, what difficulties could he expect to encounter?

Thank you in anticipation.

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Any thoughts guys?

blade

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

We have a uk car now on a trnc reg and wanted to send it back to the uk via limassol, they wouldn't wear it.

We have been told to drive that back via Bulgaria and Bulgarian customs have agreed they are fine with it, as people have had probs there in the past.

With the Roc reg you may have probs in Turkey. If i were looking to do that i would email the Turkish emasssy and ask them before you leave. If you can get through Turkey then you will be fine from there.

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Good pointer blade, I'll have him do that, thanks.

Agobard

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I have a friend in the south who regularly comes over and gets the ferry to Turkey with no difficulty at all. He is actually a Greek, living in Cyprus, and has a GC registered motor cycle.

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Agobard, thanks for the message; any chance of contact details for your pal please? So I can ascertain what paperwork he uses to leave Girne port.

Erkin

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Gc cars are permitted to enter Turkey without problem for holders of GC passports travelling to Turkey for duration not exceeding 15 days. Even though you will only be transit they might decline, best to check with the Turkish Embassy In Lefkosa.

If the car was imported into Limassol and carrying Gc plates but the holder is of another nationality the car will be refused entry in Turkey.

I have a Gc car and live in the south, in the summer I wanted to travel by car to Turkey as I wanted to visit different places, On arrival in Mersin from Famagusta, the customs officers refused the entry of the car but allowed me to enter on foot if i wanted. I declined and was told to get the next ferry back to Famagusta.:(

blade

Message Posted:
17/12/2011 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

There may be another way?

If your pal exported the car legally / did the correct paperwork with DVLA, it may be worth contacting them and asking if you could get the old reg ect back if its going back to the UK. Especially as the Roc is part of the EU. Email them and explain.

I do know if you are taking a car back from here you need to inform customs if your planning to keep it in the UK. I am not sure what you need to do from the Roc. ?

If your friend paid any taxes when he imported it, then he needs all those documents to prove it to uk customs to avoid being charged anything for the re import.

They advised us to do the paperwork with them before arrival to avoid being taxed.

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Erkin & Blade good information, a big thank you. I'll make sure my pal gets this.

blade

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Good luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.