North Cyprus Tourist Board - The new living property nc magazine
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The new living property nc magazine

The new living property nc magazine

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

selpak

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Having just read this new mag i'm so very curious to whom the judges are in the categories one through to nineteen,who on earth judged this fake awards ceremony.

Is this gold and platinum awards supposed to give me confidence in buying from these companies?

How are these awards run,who votes for these companies for them to be awarded platinum or gold?

IMO i think some one some where is trying to joke with us.

It look's to me like they all vote for each other or the company who spent the most money on advertising with the magazine get's the most award's.

Can any one tell me where i can find 200+ crooks in tuxedo's?

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Who judged the awards?

Family and friends no doubt. You only have to look at past winners to see just how deserving some of these awards are.

Lundunsip

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

I used to work for an estate agent a few years ago, at the time, you had to pay £250 to enter each category although I never found out if you can pay a little bit extra to win!

Can't remember who the 'independent judges' were, but it's these people who decide who is apparently worthy of a gold or platinum award...

There aren't as many advertisers in that magazine as there were back then so I doubt that many pay to enter - but of those who do, they get to announce ''I'm the best builder/estate agent/whatever because these guys said so''

They should publish a list of who entered each category so you can see who the winners beat - if only 2 or 3 companies enter a category, then it's hardly a big achievement to win! You get either gold or platinum, there's no silver or bronze and there are no losers

shargwen

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Have to agree, just noticed Best Luxury Villa centre of Kyrenia is a concrete shell !!!

selpak

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

what i wish to find out is to what ability and standards do the judge's judge on and why they choose a certain company as the best builder or best kitchen or best newcomer,i do not mean anything by using these as an example.

What expertise have these judge's got to be able to say this is the best garden,best garden for who,for them or for all of us?

still no one has answered my question .

Can any one tell me where i can find 200+ crooks in tuxedo's?

Lundunsip

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

+200 crooks in tuxedos?

Either, next years property magazine awards in North Cyprus,

or, next weeks Mafia annual Christmas party in Sicily

selpak

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Lundunsip

you deserve an award.Almost correct.

Look on pages 21'23'25'27'28'29'30 of living property nc magazine and there's the answer !

Looking at the photo's.if tuxedo's where villa's or garden's god help us all !

newlad

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Which issue number was it please,

Paul.

philbailey

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Will Unwins and remax win the 44 award?

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Well philbailey they wear their Tuxedos as good TRNC businessmen

philbailey

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

FOR SALE 2 tuxedos

only worn once

please contact Mr Robb

Marion

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

I was there taking pics but didn't stay to the end. Lots of speeches from important people and it was a feel good factor for the 'industry. I used to write for the mag when a lady called Hatiche was a partner for Mehmet and was around for the first awards. I think everything has changed a bit, and someone remarked to me that the award for the best ;'newcomer' was awarded to someone who had been trading for 4 years. so the definition of 'new' was queried. But as I say, I know there was a long list of judges - I have the list somewhere, but they are not names i know.

But I guess it encouraged a few people to continue to believe in the industry and we need encouragement, don't we.

selpak

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

newlad it is November issue. I think the people who thought this idea up need the award,award for best business idea.

250 pounds to enter plus the cost of the ticket,the magazine made a nice little earner out of this awards ceremony and all winners of awards went home happy thinking where they could put this beautiful coveted award in their office on view for all who visit !

I hope it was money well spent to all who won !

Do these awards mean anything to any of you?

would it make you feel better if you saw this award if you visited their office?

Or is it just the industry trying to cotton wool everything and try to make us feel better and make estate agents and builders look honest cowboys !

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Is anyone able to list who won what awards please?

elko2

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

I think most of the awards went to Doveç Construction from Famagusta and all I can say they do deliver on time including title deeds.

A few years back I helped my sister buy an apartment flat from them. She paid half the money and moved into the flat. The other half would be paid on delivery of title deeds, agreed as two months. A week to go the boss phoned me and said that the title deeds are ready for transfer. Oh, the Land Registry wanted to see the Sale Contract and of course it had to be stamped. The boss suggested that we pay 50-50 and we did exactly that.

This year I bought a villa from them and agreed on a payment schedule. We got the title deeds for the plot from them straight away and now they are building on our plot. The last payment will be made when the villa is registered on the title deed and presented to me. Everything is going to plan so far and I am not surprised.

We are luckier in Famagusta because we have them and Noyanlar who have a good track record.

ismet

newlad

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Cheers Selpak,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.