North Cyprus Tourist Board - TV gone caput in my bedroom after powercut
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TV gone caput in my bedroom after powercut

TV gone caput in my bedroom after powercut

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

selpak

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 30 in Discussion

My portable tv is now not working after we had a power cut and the power came back on.

Had fuses checked by my friend and they said a power surge had ruined my TV.

where can i get something to protect my electrical good's and what is it i'm looking for and most importantly the cost of what i need?

erolz

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 30 in Discussion

have a look at page 29 of this online catalog

http://zorludigitalplaza.com/Catalog/index.html

This would protect certain electrical goods like TV's from power surges and brown outs. APC is an excellent brand. I use one of these boxes to protect my expensive LCD TV. Most electrical shops selling TV's will have something equivalent to this product, though I am personally a fan of the particular maker of this one, APC.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
15/12/2011 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 30 in Discussion

Mary Msg 1 - Why not look at the electronics that Ismet (Elko2) has they are purpose designed for the Cypriot environment (which is rather unique) see more at http://www.elkocyprus.com and if you need help call him he will look after you.

ozkent

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 30 in Discussion

You say you have checked the fuses,but have you checked the inline fuses used on many portables

these are 1 amp fuses normaly 3 in a row .

selpak

Message Posted:
16/12/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 30 in Discussion

Yes ozkent he checked the inside of the tv ,sadly it is now not worth spending money to try to get it repaired.

Thank you flightholiday i shall look at the website.

selpak

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 30 in Discussion

I must thank this company for delivering me my regulator and connecting my TV to it,thank you mr paul washerman for coming at such short notice.

Thank you to all who made suggestions which i checked out but was so shocked at the prices.

Mr paul washerman keep up your good service and price's,i will recomend you to all of my friend's.

https://forums.satellitecyprus.com/topic/voltage-regulator-suppliers-in-cyprus

erolz

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 30 in Discussion

What a fortunate co-incidence that at just the moment satellitecyprus get a container load of voltage regulators a new user joins, describes how their TV was blown up and asks for recomendations and despite no one mentioning satellitecyprus as a supplier they finish with a post saying the bought one from there and lauding the great service and posting the web advert for them. Similar to the 'co incidence' of cyprus today's tech talk tic top tips last weekend being all about voltage regulators maybe ?

Personaly for such a peice of equipment I would prefer to go with a know brand leader that has the relevant certifications from EU like this one http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=le1200i&tab=models but each to their own.

ranger5

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz,

you just can`t help yourself from having a go at washerman can you? He hasn`t posted on the

forum for a long time, but here you are suggesting there is something devious about a new poster

taking his advice about power surge protection. As a matter of fact I bought mine from Washerman nearly 5 years ago, and like so many other people here find nothing wrong with Elko`s product, or the service provided by Washerman

magicart

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz,

Here we go again-I really do think you need to give your hate campaign against Washerman a rest.

Where is you evidence?

erolz

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 30 in Discussion

Evidence for what ? That it is a coincidence that just as satellitecyprus get a conatiner load of voltage regulators a poster here posts that their TV blew up and then advertises how great satelillitecyprus' voltage regultors are ? The evidence for that is in this thread. Evidence that as sattellitecyprus get a container load of voltage regulators , Cyprus' todays tech talk TIC top tip section is all about the need for voltage regulators ? The evidence for that is in Cyprus today.

magicart

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz.

Your message implies that satcyprus have orchestrated this posting.

So I ask you again to supply the evidence.

No spin-just the evidence.

erolz

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 30 in Discussion

Magicart it is not my fault if you are unable to understand the meaning of coincidence. To try and help you out, from wikipedia entry on the meaning of coincidence "A coincidence does not prove a causal or any other modal relationship nor require any such."

It is a fact that it is a coincidence that this thread happened as it has and at the same time that satelitecyprus recived a container load of voltage regulators.

Does my pointing out this coincidence encourage others to consider for themselves if there is a casual or modal link between the two things or if it is just pure chance ? You bet it does and that is the intent. People are intelligent enough to make their own judgments on the chances of that either way I think. Are you stating as fact there is not any link between these two events ? Where is your evidence ?

magicart

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 30 in Discussion

Anyone reading your reply will realise that your accusation is circumstantial and is void of any evidence.

Sorry to say it reflects your current state of mind and sadly you will go to any length to discredit Paul and his excellent company.

If you are unable to support your comments with real evidence then perhaps you should consider sending Paul an apology!

I live in hope.

erolz

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 30 in Discussion

Blah blah blah.

Anyone able to understand what coincidence means can see I make no accusation at all. I point out the fact of the coincidence and leave others to make their own judgments. Once again, a coincidence does not prove a relationship nor require any such.

Magicart if you had ever once commented on Paul's own discrediting of individuals and reputable companies or the direct untruths he stated about indivduals when he was posting on this forum I might give your posts in thsi thread more credance and consideration but given that you have not done so I will consider your views on this subject at least as biased as my own and probably greatly more so.

magicart

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz

Try and start the new year with a fresh mind and drop this hatred.

It must be awful waking up every day looking to find fault with someone you really don't know.

Happy new year to you and your family.

Art.

erolz

Message Posted:
01/01/2012 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 30 in Discussion

Like I say magicart if I thought for one minute your concern was with people behaving fairly on these forums and treating others fairly then I would indeed give your suggestions due consideration. Given that it is patently clear to me that your only concern is that Paul is not given a hard time by anyone whilst at the same time ignoring it when he himself lied about people or sought to discredit reputable companies and indivduals here, I am more inclined to discount your views on the matter.

For the record I do not hate Paul. I do dislike some of the ways he has behaved on here in the past and some of the ways he conducts his business but this dislike is totaly a result of HIS actions not mine.

selpak

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 30 in Discussion

I had a lovely Christmas and a nice quiet new year with a few friends and a few G&T’s and a couple of sherry’s and then I open this forum and feel so sad to read the messages from people who seem so bitter and twisted.

Mr. Erolz,I came to the forum looking for help and advice, you offered your advice and so did others which I accepted but was a little shocked at the cost of the device I needed.

I was having afternoon tea with friends at The House opposite the colony and happened to have a quick look at a newspaper and whilst glancing through the pages I saw an advert selling what you recommended me to purchase to protect my appliances.

I called the number and spoke to a very nice young man who insisted on calling me back so not to waste my credit.

To cut a long story short he sold me a product cheaper than the competition and came and installed it for me and gave me a 1 year warranty.

CONTINUED

selpak

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 30 in Discussion

Please Mr. Erolz sonny Jim, try not to insinuate to the readers that I could be someone else because I am a new poster and you like to try and play miss Marples super detective, reading your posts you sound a very vindictive sad person who needs to be correct no matter what, or the outcome.

If I had of bought the same brand of product you like and got it from http://zorludigitalplaza.com/Catalog/index.html I now wonder if you would have been happier or if I had of bought from http://www.elkocyprus.com then again you may well of been very happy?

I am not a slave to well-known brands as I cannot afford them unlike you with your Expensive LCD TV that you liked to tell us all about, you forgot to mention how expensive it was and where you bought it from sonny Jim!

selpak

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 30 in Discussion

Thank you again Mr. Paul Washer man for giving me great service and peace of mind in your products.

Mr.Erolz,reading your replies in this thread you seem to have become very upset that I could not afford to purchase your recommendation, please stay calm sonny Jim and have a wonderful new year and get out more!

Firat

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 30 in Discussion

Why not buying a Electronic insurance for all of your electronic products for 20 - 40 GBP per year

magicart

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz

Following the comments from Selpak I really do think you owe Paul an apology.

Be big enough to give one and think twice before sending out vindictive postings.

ranger5

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 30 in Discussion

Magicart,

You must be joking!!!

erolz

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 30 in Discussion

Magicart,

You must be joking!

ranger5

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz, at least your sense of humour appears to be in working order

cooper

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 30 in Discussion

I agree and he's not a lone ranger !!

magicart

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 30 in Discussion

Erolz,

Are you a man or a mouse?

cooper

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 30 in Discussion

And magicart what exactly are you a proper man or just a shit stirrer who likes nothing better than stirring shit sitting behind his computer?

magicart

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 30 in Discussion

Now now Mr Cooper just calm down and when you have perhaps you will send me an apology as well.

Happy New Year.

cooper

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 30 in Discussion

And a Happy new year to you too although i wouldn't hold your breath whilst waiting for a apology.

rowlo

Message Posted:
02/01/2012 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 30 in Discussion

was it the upstairs bedroom ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.