North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where to buy? Best builders/resorts etc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where to buy? Best builders/resorts etc

Where to buy? Best builders/resorts etc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

shellbell

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

I'm looking at Northern Cyprus, but have only ever been to the South. I'm attracted obviously by the prices but also availability of beach front properties.

Anyway I'm aware of issues & that CARE must be taken, so am looking for info on who to deal with & probably more importantly, who to avoid!

I've come across Sweetwater Bay & SeaTerra, which I think are next to each other. Any dealings with either? Info on location etc? Anyone visited and/or bought & reasons for decisions?

I heard that SeaTerra had been on BBC with some title deed issues, but try as I might I can't seem to find anything on this - so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Alternatively any other builders developments etc to consider?

Thanks for reading

spud1

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

hi shellbell try hampshire develepments crystall bay view esentepe i have bought off them they are first class they have 2 bed 2 bathrooms for around 55 grand only 28 on the site if you need more info let me know spud1

lovelife

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Hi shellbell

Welcome.

Try Greatstone, we have bought through them at Esentepe, (only 10 villas to be built)they have a good reputation and people who have bought off them appear satisfied, we have had no problems as yet.

http://www.greatstonecyprus.com

LL

dodger

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

welcome to the site shellbell,when are you planning to go out ,i found the sea terra site that we looked at a little clausrophobic to many houses built in such a small area,evergreen seem popular on here.we looked at five different sites when we came out in january and plumped for carrington in esentepe cant fault them so far.but my advice to you is to shop around take your time and dont be rushed into anything good luck and keep posting.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

try newvillas international, exceptional specification 4/5bed villas own pool and pre74 turkish title. no connection other than satisfied buyer.

keith

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Shellbell we bought through Sea Terra on the marina they are a very good build and they have there own web site http://www.cyprus-seaterra.com/

I did not see the programme you are on about it was on bbc south and was one sided.

cheers Keith

p4aul

Message Posted:
31/10/2007 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Sydney Construction, “probably the best builder on the island”

I would without hesitation recommend Sydney Construction, they built my villa and it is perfect!

Just talk to Zafer, I am sure he can help you: 815 7928

davidoff

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 05:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hi shell,

Welcome to the forum- glad you found us its DD!!

There are links and information on a thread called BBC PROGRAMME or complain to ofcom- also there are links attached in there aswell to lead you to it!!

Take care-D

P.S- Answer to you previous questions-I went over in April this year and the beach is fantastic and so natural, also the mountain backdrop is spectatcular aswell!!

McSteviet

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

The links to the video on the BBc website have been removed as they only keep the program there for one week, when it's replaced with the next weeks edition.

I asked at the time if there were any other links, but I guess nobody knows.

MC

McSteviet

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

I have heard good reports about Sydney Construction, but when I was there earlier in the year I seem to remember someone saying that they were not going to build any more.

I think that was from an Estate Agent

MC

breezyboy

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Hi, as I have posted elsewhere, with hindsight I would only buy a completed property if I was doing it again. With the current market there is no premium on completed properties and it is a buyers market. Save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Bb

shellbell

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for all your input. Great to have people willing to help each other out. I asked Sea Terra about BBC programme & they sent me a copy of the letter they sent out to buyers - but it didn't tell me much about issue - just problems of both sides slagging each other off & BBC broadcasting what seems to be biased opinions sometimes. I asked which title it is on villa development & its Esdeger TRNC Freehold. So I still don't really know what program was about to make informed choice on that one.

I've looked at your recommendations & enquiring about some. Ta

Looked at flights this am - to try & make a quick trip & as time is short (can't leave work for long), Larnaca seems best option. Can you hire car here & take over to North & drop back at Larnaca? Or are there some issues with crossing border?

Thanks once again - & any co I should stear clear of please let me know - pm if you prefer. Ta

spud1

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

hi shellbell best to hire car in the north the car hire company will pick you up from larnaca and take you to there office in the north why dont you fly to ercan in the north and hire your car from the airport try sun car hire they a very good you may think you are saving money going to larnaca but after taxi pick up which can be £80 return is cheaper to go to north regards spud1

kyreniachap

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Shellbell, you've come to the right place for decent property information! For basic background, there are lots of articles here: http://www.cyprus44.com/property/default.asp

Also, Izzet (the brains behind this site) has created a tab at the top of this page called "44 Best properties". ( http://www.cyprus44.com/properties/default.asp ) OK, he's only reached number 20 so far, but I know more are on the way very soon. The great feature is that any comment made on the listed developments here in the forum are added to the property entry, so you can see the good, bad and ugly at a glance!

Regards the BBC programme(s), buying in North Cyprus is a case of caveat emptor (buyer beware). I am constantly amazed at how people splash out on foreign property without proper legal advice, surveys or land checks, which they would never dream of doing when buying in the UK. Take your time, find what you like, and don't ever feel pressured into anything.

Breezeboy is right; a resale on a completed development will save a lot of hassle, and what's more, you'll know what your neighbours will be like! If you are looking for a longer term investment, take a look at the Bogaz area developments. The infrastructure is not so advanced, but there is an awful lot of foreign investment being made.

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Hello, we have apartments and villas nearly finish.We are TUNALI CONSTRUCTION and Seller of ISONEM (Waterproffing products) in North Cyprus.What we do we started villa or apartment and when we come to nearly finish we are trying to sell,so costumer can see what they are going to buy.This is good alternativ for customer.If you want something do not hesitate to call me

Ceyhun TUNALI

0533 863 49 03

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.