North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Timings for Baris Park Party
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Timings for Baris Park Party

New Timings for Baris Park Party

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

smwredd

Message Posted:
17/12/2011 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Stringfellas are now appearing at 7pm NOT 9pm. As far as is known Serdar will follow them about an hour later.

Biggles

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Did anyone attend last night? We ent in the afternoon and thought it was fairly quiet. The local dance troup were good and there were several stalls selling seasonal goodies. Father Christmas arrived and sat near the snow machine, but there was no sign of the Mayor at 4pm (?) or did the timings change aswell?

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Yes we went last night, and again not very busy! Lots of interesting acts, however some went on for far too long, people were getting board and drifting away. By 9pm we were really cold and gave up the challenge!!! Otherwise a big thank you to the organisors.

smwredd

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Not very well organised. Peter and Stringfellas went for a sound check for 12.30, finally happened at 3.45 then were told they would be appearing at 7pm not 9pm. However, having arrived early the time changed back to 9pm. The Mayor did not attend as I understand he was in Germany.

Serdar only played for about 30 minutes and fireworks were about 10.30. Again a bit dangerous as they were being let off too close to people, and we were rained with bits of burning paper!!

Better organisation next year hopefully.

Marion

Message Posted:
18/12/2011 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Yes, and according to the Turkish papers, it was also the mayor's 'cocktail' do for foreigners and tourists. Where, when, and how? I thought compared to last year it was very disappointing, and maybe should not have happened at all if the mayor was out of town. It seemed more Russian than Cypriot.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
19/12/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Well we had a nice couple of hours in the afternoon and the kids enjoyed themselves seeing Santa, having a horse ride and playing on the Bouncy castle.

We have to agree though that it wasn't as well organised as last year - I think they tried to make it too long a day which meant there were gaps in between when people drifted off. Next year they should just do the whole thing from 12 to 7 with fireworks display at the end. That way people are more likely to stick around for the duration, especially those with kids.

Despite that I still think it's nice that the local municipality, who do not traditionally celebrate Christmas, can help hold an event like this. It was nice to see Russians, Brits, Turks and Cypriots all enjoying things together.

We'll be back next year year I am sure!

G

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
19/12/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Message 6 not forgetting the West Africans et al! They tried extremely well with their singing and acting!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.