North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travelling from the south side to the north from Larnaca
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travelling from the south side to the north from Larnaca

Travelling from the south side to the north from Larnaca

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

Rasspberry

Message Posted:
19/12/2011 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hello, everyone!

I m planning to visit my friends at the north cyprus very soon, I live in Larnaca and driving my own car.

Can you give me advice for the best way to the north side, which checkpoind to choose and all conditions (will I need to pay for extra insurance etc)

Thank you in advance

Agobard

Message Posted:
20/12/2011 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

You will have to buy third party insurance on this side of the border - there's an insurance kiosk close to the passport one. Not sure what the price is as I only buy for a year at a time but possibly about 25 euros. The easiest crossing coming from Larnaca is Metehan (Agios Demetios in Greek). Take the highway to Nicosia and come off after the football stadium. Turn left and follow the signs for Kyrenia - Kerynea in Greek.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
20/12/2011 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Depends on where in the North you are going. And if its day or night. Famagusta is good if going that side or Metehan if going to Kyrenia area.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
20/12/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Where in the north are you travelling to? We can then advise the most convenient crossing point.

Rasspberry

Message Posted:
22/12/2011 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

well, I do not really care, my friends will meet me at the any checkpoint, which will be best for me, so I need one which is closest to Larnaca

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
22/12/2011 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Msg #5

The nearest to you are Pergamos (via Pyla) or Black Knight (Aya Nik) for Famagusta and east coast, although there is an annoying long diversion on that route at present so Pergamos will be best right now.

All the best.

Sb.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.