North Cyprus Tourist Board - The American Car Wash Co
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The American Car Wash Co

The American Car Wash Co

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

pacos

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

The best wash my car ever had.

Yesterday, as I was driving from Alsancak to Girne I noticed just righthandside Lemar Karaoglanoglu the sign`"The American Car Wash Co."

As my car needed a wash I drove in beside the beefburger house.The owner, Mr. Erturul, who speaks English perfectly welcomed me. The car was taken over by the staff for the washing and interior cleaning.

Whilst waiting I was offered a free drink at the car wash owned cafeteria on the same site.

It is a very nice and quiet place off the main road and you can sit either outside or inside in the warmth

and relax while you see your car being washed and cleaned.

After having a little chat with the owner my car was ready. I was surprised how thoroughly they had cleaned and polished my car.

I can highly recommend this car wash place. The address is:

Karaoglanoglu Cad.No.3, Karaoglanoglu.

minertor

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

How much?

T

canavar

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

It's been there for approx 5 years !!!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

I don't go there ever again, because I don't like unexpected, non-advertised prices.

Just the facts: ▶ [ http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/70969.asp ].

Pippie

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

I haven't decided yet whether some places don't advertise on purpose because they have different pricing policies depending on whether your face fits, or because they rely on the fact that a lot of people (usually us Brits) don't usually like to ask prices and feel uncomfortable having to question when something seems a little excessive. Or, whether they just don't think!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
23/12/2011 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

>>>because they rely on the fact that a lot of people (usually us Brits) don't usually like to ask prices <<<

is above a joke?hope it is

merry xmas

Groucho

Message Posted:
24/12/2011 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Yorgozlu,

It's not a joke, it's a sad fact of life here that many Brits (who before coming here did not feel the need) have had to develop the habit of establishing what the final cost is actually going to be; even though a lot of establishments have an advertised price. This has happened simply because when they come to settle the bill they find some previously undeclared reason why they are asked for more. The car wash is an case in point. People turned their car keys over expecting to pay a fixed amount for the service only to find all sorts of hidden extras charges levied and worse still - mild threats if they did not stump up.

A lot of Brits who previously trusted an advertised price and saw no need to query the deal have therefore become wise to the need to make absolutely sure they know what the final cost is going to be. This should not be taken as an indication of a price obsessed British Ex-pat population but a reflection on TRNC Bushinesses...

Groucho

Message Posted:
24/12/2011 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

"Bushinesses"

That was spell checker! Ah well you get the point...

erolz

Message Posted:
24/12/2011 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

The American Car wash display their prices on a big board.

They do sometimes require and extra charge on top of these if the car is exceptionaly dirty.

If such a charge is to be levied they make that clear and take the money BEFORE washing the car and the customer can CHOOSE if they want to pay it or not.

So all this talk of 'not displaying prices' and 'customers not knowing what the final price will be' simply does not apply to the American Car Wash. I have used the American Car Wash for many years now and am entirely happy with them. They do and excellent job both inside and out and do it efficently and quickly. About twice over 6 or 7 years of using them they have said UP FRONT that the charge will be an extra 5TL over the standard price and I have been happy to pay this realising that on those occasions considerably more work was needed to get the car to their usual high standard.

Biggles

Message Posted:
24/12/2011 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

I have used this car wash since it opened. They are always very polite, courteous and give me good service with value for money. Some times I have paid extra for a extremely dirty car or windscreen (they tell you the charge before you agree me to proceed). I have had mobility problems following major neurosurgery. Sometimes I leave the car and go to Lemar shopping. They always very helpful in carrying my shopping back to my car, I cannot fault them!

laz4real

Message Posted:
25/12/2011 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Car wash prize list:

Exterior wash, Leather off, Tyres, Interior Vac Windows ( Car ) 20tl

Exterior Wash, Leather Off, Tyres, Interior Vac, Windows, Interior polish ( Jeep ) 25tl

While you wait you can enjoy the comfort of our American dinner ( Food and Drink available)

at our relaxing car wash

Address: Karaoglanoglu Cad. No 3 Karaoglan/ Girne next to Burger City Lemar, North Cyprus.

For More information contact the boss of the company Mr Tony via 05428502727

stubbs1

Message Posted:
25/12/2011 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Exterior wash, Leather off, Tyres, Interior Vac Windows ( Car ) 20tl

All that for about £8!! There are some tight arses on here. Looks pretty good value to me.

Groucho

Message Posted:
25/12/2011 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

stubbs1, it's not a question of being tight arses... 20TL is not bad. Albeit 5TL more than Quick-Shine of Catalköy for the same excellent service.

The American Car Wash may have changed their attitude due to customer feedback but a while back they had a reputation for surcharging (i.e. over and above the prices they quote here) if they felt they could squeeze a bit extra out of the customer because they claimed 'the car was very dirty'...

If this is no longer the case that's good. It would have been better if it never had happened in the first place.

So please American Car Wash declare your policy for additional charges to those quoted above for dirty cars.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/12/2011 02:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Groucho as I have already said above, in 6 or 7 years using them I have been informed that an eextra 5tl would be charged 2 times. That is 2 times in mabey 100 washes over the years. Both times the car was not just dirty but was exceptionaly so and I was informed of the extra charge before the car was washed and had the option to go elsewhere should I wish too. From my personal experience the idea that they just thought on a couple of random occasions they could squeeze a bit more out of me, with no justifiable reason, is to me a gross distortion of the truth. Give these guys a break will you.

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
26/12/2011 02:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

I have used the American car wash once a week for the past 4 years, they clean to a high standard and are very efficient...

Prices are displayed clearly....

It is only common sense that the cleaning of an extremely dirty vehicle is going to take more time and effort therefore in my opinion it would be very unreasonable for any customer to expect not to pay extra.

In business time is money !!

negativenick

Message Posted:
26/12/2011 04:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Groucho sold his car cos he was skint - needed the dosh to put his "villa" right after a dodgy build by the Esentepe "mafia" - so he won't be going to the American Car Wash in a hurry...................

Groucho

Message Posted:
26/12/2011 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

NN.. what are you going on about? Again? Here it is so you can understand... I sold my old car because I'd bought a new one and spookily enough - we don't need two... it's not rocket science, well not to me but you obviously have difficulty getting a grasp of the situation. Have you never managed to sell your used vehicles? Do you still own all of them? Why you are so fascinated with my financial status is for you to explain.... Also our home was not built by somebody from Esentepe... go figure.

Erolz, some people (not me) are loathe to move on when they find the advert for a service has given them a false impression as to the actual cost; as they feel uncomfortable or embarrassed (as I said - not me). I would say that in general this is not good business practice, especially where your target audience is repeat business from long-term residents. If the advert said '20TL subject to the car not being very dirty' it would be more open and honest.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.