North Cyprus Tourist Board - Multimax problems with ITV player
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Multimax problems with ITV player

Multimax problems with ITV player

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

skybluesam

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 43 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there who have had Multimax installed and are having problems watching programmes on ITV Player.

We are new to Multimax and are initially disappointed with the service, intermittent buffering etc, not what we expected after all the hype.

We have tried talking to Multimax staff with not much joy.

we are having it for a one month trial, lets hope it gets better.

Nick

erolz

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 43 in Discussion

Your problem may be with the connection but it is also possible that its just down to itv. ITV player and the software it uses (ms silverlight) is simply not as reliable as say bbc iplayer. Some things you can try with itv player and firefox would be to have a look at this plugin for firefox

http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/old.html

I have not tired this myself as I dont really watch ITV hardly at all but it might help. Another approach would be to use the Scottish ITV site, which has mostly the same content but possibly is a better service. However to use this with multimax you will have to use the 'manual' free VPN service as well and connect to that first. Using ITC scotland is mentioned here

http://forums.hexus.net/general-consumer-electronics-discussion/171905-those-who-have-problems-itv-player.html

Like I say there may be an issue with the connection but if BBC iplayer is working ok and ITV not I would say most liekly culprit it ITV and not MM.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 43 in Discussion

The other thing to check if you are using wifi inside the house is to try connected directly to the MM ethernet cable comming into the house. I have seen many times people blame thier ISP for problems that are actualy down to their using wifi in the house and not really anything to do with the internet connection comming into it. In fact I would say at least 50% of the time I have visted people who think their internet connection is faulty it has actualy been an issue their end and not the ISP causing the problem. I am not saying this is the case with your issue skybluesam, just pointing out that it might be.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 43 in Discussion

Sorry the link I gave inpost 2 to 'caughtup' firefox plugin is out of date now, so please ignore it.

wanderer

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 43 in Discussion

erolz is right itv player is poor it struggles at times in the uk with Virgin 10 mg speeds let alone in the TRNC

it is usually better in the morning

I appreciate it doesn't solve the problem but at least you know where the fault is

rowlo

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 43 in Discussion

sounds a bit DOPI .

flawww

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 43 in Discussion

DOPI and MM are two completely different services.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 43 in Discussion

Msg 1 - talk directly with Kemal. He will advise/sort. I have no problems with ITV player, nor do other users in my area (Esentepe/Bahçeli/Kükük Erenkőy/Tatlisu) - well not that I've heard of anyway.

Turtle

Message Posted:
27/12/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 43 in Discussion

Where's our resident TV expert these days ?

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 01:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 43 in Discussion

Hello,

Only if I can have your full name, I would be able to check and tell you exactly what the problem is, if there is any.

The answer to your question is no, our customers usually do not have a problem with ITV, other than the inherent ITV service problems as stated in msg5.

I would like to hear more about the "We have tried talking to Multimax staff with not much joy." part. Who did you speak to? Did you call the call center? did you tell them you had problem with ITV? what was the response?. This sort of problem should have made its way to me and it didnt. So, I very much like to hear about this story so we can instruct our staff better if there was a mishap.

As a general rule of thumb, if you have any problems other than 'no internet', then it is much better idea to email your problem to info@multimaxcyprus.com . People reading messages to this email address is much better equipped to deal with more complicated issues such as this one.

K.

malsancak

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 43 in Discussion

I have Multimax and watched TVCatchup over Christmas.

skybluesam

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 43 in Discussion

Hello Kemal I have sent you an email via Multimax. Nick Brown

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 43 in Discussion

If you are watching catchup then you are stuck with using internet browsers for watching or downloading and watching them in an avi player.

For live tv (I use MultiMax) but have found a great little program with access to all live tv with built in vpn's. All UK channels included as well as other channels around the world and live radio. It is called Tiiveni TV Player.

This the download page for it. http://tiiveni.webs.com/downloads.htm - I get virtually no streaming using this player. I have been using it for around 2 months now and find it far better than using internet browsers.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 43 in Discussion

Ok, I have investigated the Nick Brown situation and here are my findings.

This customer has been installed on 26th (1 day before this post) and apparently as he had a 3rd party router, our engineer was not able to reconfigure it on the spot and he took it back to the office so someone with more experience can sort it out. We have offered this service to Mr. Brown at no additional cost even though it is not responsible to sort out custoemer's internal network.

Mr. Brown then picked up his router from our office the next day (the same day of this post) and apparently it did not work and he had to call for external help to get it fixed. This may be and I am not going to challenge this as I have no way of checking now.

Mr Brown then calls our support line at around 5pm(less than 2 hours before this post), complaining about the fact that he was not able to use our internet for 1 day that HIS router was not working (cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 43 in Discussion

The call support representative has kindly offered one day extension on Mr. Brown's account which he has accepted. Over the course of the whole conversation, there is no mention of ITV, in fact at the end of the conversation, our representative has asked Mr Brown, if everything is ok now and got a positive answer.

After this conversation, Mr. Brown decides to post his ITV experience (which must have been like minutes) without informing us of his problem, and even going as far as to claim that he has contacted Multimax with 'no joy'.

Unless I am missing some critical information here, it looks to me that at lease some claims made in this post is not all true.

I have checked this customers connection and found out that he has appox 5Mbits sustained speed to our servers in Lefkosa, and approx 4.5Mbit sustained speed to our servers in the UK, so there is no problem on Multimax's side.

I have not yet received an email from Mr. Brown as of 11:45am, maybe computer problem?

Kema

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 43 in Discussion

@Julia, thanks for sharing this link with us, I have tested it for the past hour and it works perfectly!

K.

flutterby

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 43 in Discussion

Oh Julia, this is fantastic link!!! I can now even watch Channel 4 without doing all the VPN business!!!!

Just have to say I think Multimax is fantastic. I, too, had problems with my router at time of installation, it was taken away no questions asked and reconfigured at their offices and I picked up the next day and all working great. Whilst it was away, I was still able to use internet hard wired and it just whizzed away doing what it should, even BBC I player and ITV player. Whenever I have had a query as I did with Channel 4 VPN, I am answered within a very quick timeframe and on visiting the offices, the staff are helpful and friendly.

Best move I ever made, that is for sure!!!

Again, thanks Julia for this link, fantastic!!!!!

flutterby

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 43 in Discussion

Oh Julia, this is fantastic link!!! I can now even watch Channel 4 without doing all the VPN business!!!!

Just have to say I think Multimax is fantastic. I, too, had problems with my router at time of installation, it was taken away no questions asked and reconfigured at their offices and I picked up the next day and all working great. Whilst it was away, I was still able to use internet hard wired and it just whizzed away doing what it should, even BBC I player and ITV player. Whenever I have had a query as I did with Channel 4 VPN, I am answered within a very quick timeframe and on visiting the offices, the staff are helpful and friendly.

Best move I ever made, that is for sure!!!

Again, thanks Julia for this link, fantastic!!!!!

malsancak

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 43 in Discussion

This is my POSITIVE experience of Multimax - http://northcyprusfreepress.com/2011/12/28/multimax-my-choice-of-internet-provider-in-north-cyprus/

skybluesam

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 43 in Discussion

Ok Kemal,

I must apologise, A slip of the finger on cut and paste meant that I entered the wrong e-mail address and it bounced back to me, you should have it now and i stand by what i have said.

To be honest if you have the time to monitor the message boards you surely must have time to talk to a customer as you have their telephone numbers!.

We sit here now trying to watch Downton Abbey Xmas Special on ITV Player through constant buffering, stopping and starting to no avail, and to be honest BBC IPlayer is not much better, this is not what we expected and is no better frankly than our former ISP.

flutterby

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 43 in Discussion

Skybluesam,try the link that Juliemoon put on this thread!! Live TV and is very very good!!

erolz

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 43 in Discussion

Skybluesam are you connecting the MM internet connection directly into a PC or are you connecting to it via a router/wifi AP box ? If you are connecting through a router/wifi box then you really need to try direct with this box removed if at all possible. It does seem that this box may be the problem area and not the connection itself. If you want help to sort out what is going on email me on erolz@cream.org. I make this offer not as a represenative of any ISP here but simply as a private indivdual who has helped others in the past.

lionel

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 43 in Discussion

tried it....no luck..can someone explain ?

juliamoons

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 43 in Discussion

Hi Flutterby your welcome.

lionel

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 43 in Discussion

obviously im d

lionel

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 43 in Discussion

...doing something wrong? all i get is a download page ...no direction to tv programming ? or maybe its my badly behaved laptop ;(

erolz

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 43 in Discussion

lionel I guess you arew reffering to the tiiveni software juliamoons mentioned in earlier post ?

If so goto this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?6g90kbos6xoiu2c

There should then be a green button that says download (1.48MB). Click on this button and it should start the download. Save the exe file to somewhere like your desktop. When it has downloaded double click on it from the desktop (or where ever you saved it too). Then select the channel you want from drop down and click play.

kbasat

Message Posted:
28/12/2011 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 43 in Discussion

re msg20 to Nick: I would be calling you back if you did indeed leave me a message requesting a call back. I am a multitasking person and can do a lot of things simultaneously.

I am currently further investigating your connection to find out the reason that might explain the problems you might be having but still to no avail, everything seems working as intended. I am more inclined to put the blame on your router and/or computer or something in your internal network connection as I progress. We will see, I will post my findings here.

K.

lionel

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 43 in Discussion

Thanks Erolz......got it !!!

lionel

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 43 in Discussion

do i then need to click on my i player link

lionel

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 08:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 43 in Discussion

just keep getting download player and nothing happens

lionel

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 43 in Discussion

finally got it ..great stuff

moxie

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 43 in Discussion

i have got it, but i cant view itv..it says connecting to media whereas the others buffer then play ?. Also i cant save the player to my desktop , anyone help?

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 43 in Discussion

MSG 13 - I have been using Tiiveni for over a year now and have posted it on here a couple of times. You are right it is much better than watching through Iplayer or ITV player with a much wider range of channels including loads of UK radio stations.

MSG 33 - Moxie when you download it make sure you save it to your desktop. If you dont get that option it means you are saving it directly in your download file - you can locate this and then copy the file directly to your desktop.

The guy that set up this player does it for free and gets the streams from other places on the web. Occasionally the channels can go down and it may just be a case of closing the player, waiting a few minutes, and reopening it to get the channel update.

I have to say though, in over a year, that 98% of the time all the main UK channels work with no problems.

ENJOY

G

moxie

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 43 in Discussion

Thanks G, i have managed to do that , any idea why i cant watch itv i can get itv1 and 2 etc but only this option reads...connecting to media and nothing happens .all the others buffer very quickly then i can play

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 43 in Discussion

Moxie - Last night I was watching ITV on my TV notebook fine, as I do most of the time, but I have just tried it on my Laptop now and its doing the same as you.

As I said before the guy that supplies Tiiveni TV does so for free and he gets the streams from other places on the web. Occasionally these can go down and this is probably the case at the moment. Don't worry too much as they normally come back up relatively quickly.

Every time you open the player it refreshes the channel list, so close it down and open a bit later - ITV should be back then.

G

kbasat

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 43 in Discussion

I also tried Tiiveni and found it to be a very nice piece of software. However, if you go into the forums and read, you will find out that the guy who has written it has stopped development about 3 months ago. Therefore it is anybody's guess for how long it will continue working in its current state.

Kemal

knobby

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 43 in Discussion

I have been trying to download Tiiveni tv using Erolz's link , (mediafire.com ) but keep getting 'internet explorer cannot open webpage'. Any ideas please.

tania

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 43 in Discussion

post 38 - same problem. My anti virus will not allow it as it is 'unsafe site'

juliamoons

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 43 in Discussion

If you go onto the Tiiveni forums and register as I have done. You will be able to post under bugs problems that you are having. I did this recently when I could not access US Country tv which I love to watch and listen to. Tiiveni looked into and fixed it for me. So although it is not being further developed any linkage problems can be fixed.

erolz

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 43 in Discussion

The tiiveni site offers two sites for download of the software, mediafire and rapidshare. Both of these are generic file sharing services and so the files on them could be anything uploaded by anyone and thus many security programs will flag them as potentialy unsafe. The specific tiiveni file however as best I can tell is safe to download and run. If people are concerned about getting the file from rapidshare or medifire I could upload it to a diferent location for them that will not trip their security software's warnings.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 43 in Discussion

Erolz that is a great idea and would great for people on this forum to use. As I have said previously it is a great piece of software and a safe download would be great. WTG Erolz

erolz

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 43 in Discussion

Just to be clear the following link is exactly the same exe file that I got from the mediafire site. I believe it to be safe, it AVG scans as safe and I have not seen any problems from having run this exe, but it is no different in the link below than the version you can download from mediafire. It is just the link below may not trigger the same warnings from security software that mediafire does, as mediafire has been and is used to transmit bad code. Not everything on it is bad but some of it it. So all I have done is put the same exe file in a different place.

http://www.visionmatters.co.uk/cyprus/Tiiveni_TV_190111.exe

Clicking this link should start download, probably with a warning that caution an exe file can possible harm you computer.

The program does not need to be installed, you just download this exe file, remeber where you saved it and run it when you want to run it and close it when you want to close it. To remove it just delete the exe file

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.