North Cyprus Tourist Board - MULTIMAX Wireless Internet Problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > MULTIMAX Wireless Internet Problem

MULTIMAX Wireless Internet Problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

kbasat

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

At around 10:45am today All of the wirelless equipment suddently went down at Merit Lefkosa, including all links to Girne and around Lefkosa. This has caused more than 90% of all wireless customers be without an Internet connection for approx 53minutes. ADSL customers were not affected.

Our engineers, including myself made it to the scene within 15 minutes of the incident.

When we arrived, we had found Extend engineers on site apparently taking down some old equipment and while doing so, they have short-circuited the electricity and the whole fuses have blown up for the entire rooftop.

As neither Extend employess, nor Merit Technical staff knew exactly where the fuses are, it took approx 30 minutes of cable tracking through shafts of the 12 story building to locate it and finally found it at the 7th floor.

We are currently planning necessary updates to avoid such incidents for the future.

We apologize for this downtime that has happened outside of our control.

K.

kbasat

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

According to our day-for-hour compensation scheme, one day will be added to all wireless accounts in the upcoming days.

Kemal

tomsteel

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Kemal, another example of your 'top class' service. Tell the punters what is going on and they will be forgiving. Tell them nothing and expect everything back in vitriol. I know an expat from my area is more than happy with the Bahçeli/Esentepe provision and she joined after reading our Cy 44 messaging. Keep healthy buddy.

whataview

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Ditto to tomsteel post msg 3.

Great work Multimax and thank you for keeping us informed.

emineden1

Message Posted:
29/12/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

thanks for the update, just recently signed up and very happy with the service to date.

muadib

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Kemal,can you stop this happening again?Paid my account yesterday at Techmar,this morning no internet,phoned your office to be told internet expired,explained to the lady that it had been paid and said ok i'll get it reconnected.One and a half hours later still no internet,back on the phone and i finally get reconnected.I JUST GET SO FED UP WITH PHONING.This is my fourth ISP in six years and all i seem to do is make phone calls about bad connections.Thankyou

kbasat

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Tony,

When you make a payment to an agent, it is the agent's responsibility to give you an extension to your account.

I will speak to the agent you have mentioned on why your account has not been extended and try to make sure this does not happen again to you or any other customer.

I apologize for the problem that has happened outside of our control.

Kemal

kbasat

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I have investigated the problem and found out that it was actually our mistake that Techmar could not extend your account.

When you go to an agent for payment for the first time, your account needs to be associated with the agent by us so that the agent can process the payment and extend customer account in our system.

As a result of the mistake of Techmar not informing the correct person in charge of this in our company and the informed multimax employee's lack of forwarding this information to the right person, Techmar was unable to extend this account on time.

The problem is now sorted and preventive measures are being taken to prevent such future incidents.

Kemal

muadib

Message Posted:
30/12/2011 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Just had a phone call from Techmar and hopefully all sorted thanks to you both for prompt replies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.