North Cyprus Tourist Board - builder with 40 years experience requires info please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > builder with 40 years experience requires info please

builder with 40 years experience requires info please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 60 in Discussion

Not currently in TRNC but going to relocate next year (sooner if work crops up).

Currently self-employed in Scotland. Scope of work includes: building walls, fitting fireplaces, building chimneys, driveways, and garden landscaping, rendering, stonework, guttering/gullies etc. General building work e.g. building garages etc.

Can anyone please let me know how easy it is to find work in this field, or if you have to set up a company. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 60 in Discussion

sit back, relax , make a coffee , and wait for it , enjoy .

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 60 in Discussion

hi rowlo,

you are making me nervous now...!

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 60 in Discussion

If you have 40 years experience....Retire to Northern Cyprus and enjoy life....if you can't afford to retire and need work, for your own good, stay away !!

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks EamonnMc. for your thoughts.

There are many people (particularly in these straightened times) that can't afford to retire but would rather have a "lifestyle" in the sun than a very cold northern hemisphere "existence".

Clearly low property rental costs and much lower cost of living are major factors, also the ability to be outside a lot of the time.

Any more positive specific advice by Northern Cyprus residents would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

philbailey

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 60 in Discussion

If you only want positive posts

do not ask for advice

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 60 in Discussion

phil,

i haven't said i only want positive advice, but the previous poster hasn't actually given me any advice in respect of what i wanted to know.

Also, frankly (as a new member) unless you are actually answering my thread perhaps you should not bother to post on it. And frankly, not be so bloody rude.

philbailey

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 60 in Discussion

Sorry msg 7 I must mis-read YOUR quote

"Any more positive specific advice by Northern Cyprus residents would be gratefully received."

In your msg 5

Again I apologise

Jeannie

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 60 in Discussion

taysidegirl - welcome to Cyprus 44. With regard to your message No. 5, you mention "low property rental costs" and "much lower cost of living". Whilst I would have to agree with you about low rental costs, I would say that the cost of living is not really, once you weigh up some of the pros and cons, very much different to that in the UK (although wages are).

Having said that, I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 60 in Discussion

I think a damn is about to burst ..... Taysidegirl, with due respect, you should have made your own investigations on the likely scenario of life and work in Northern Cyprus before posting your thread ! Any enquiry in the subject box about work, builders and bureaucracy on this island will produce a tome that will make the "lord of the Rings" book look like a short story ! You really need to research your subject ! Best of Luck and I mean that , I have no agenda !

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 60 in Discussion

tayside girl:

A female builder? Good for you.

Sorry you got such a poor welcome to the Boards. If you spend a little time reading some of the posts you will find there are a lot of very bitter people here who have found North Cyprus not what they expected and are unable to adjust - it is just not as easy living here as you might expect.

I think finding work might not be as easy as you might hope. To work officially a non Cypriot needs a work permit and basically they are only issued for jobs which Cypriots cant do - and there are an awful lot of building trade workers here already , good, bad and indifferent. You should start by making official enquiries - sorry I dont have anyaddresses (forunately I am retired) but someone might come on with one , otherwise try a web search for TRNC Government website.

You will also need a residence permit - currently these have to be renewed annually, involve a blood test and xrays and are expensive. Lots of post on here a

Jeannie

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 60 in Discussion

BizziLizzi - I think you might find that it is this lady's male partner who is looking for work in the building trade, not the lady herself.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 60 in Discussion

Msg 8 - Phil, I know an awful lot of nit-picking goes on on this site but it detracts from postings.

I think when you ask a question and want advice an answer that is relevant is always a good thing.

Apology accepted.

(For your info., and to clarify, I meant positive-specific, which is clearly bad grammar) taking a short cut to say "I would like advice that is specific and positive in the sense that I don't want someone saying 'don't come' but advising how one may go about seeking work or business set up."

Next time I won't bother with short-cuts!

I am aware of the difficulty in obtaining a work permit, but sitting here in Scotland this forum is clearly a lifeline to people who would know, or at least have pointers as to how to go about it.

It would clearly be good if one of them got in touch!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 60 in Discussion

about these.

No National Health Service or Social Security .

Housing may be cheaper than UK but far from cheap and a lot of scams.

Sorry to be so defeatist but it is , to say the least, a challenge and you should be prepared.

OH, jut thought also check out the British REsidents Society North Cyprus web site.

Have you been here on a visit? Why not come and check it out and talk to as many people as you can.

Cost of living can be cheaper if you are prepared to live simply - if you want big cars, swimming pools, eating out every night it is very expensive.

Yes the "being outside" aspect is attractive - on of the reasons I love it - but the climate is not all hot weather (and when it is hot it is hot) at this time of year the drafty ,uninsulated houses are bitter cold and any form of heating is expensive.

BlueButterfly

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 60 in Discussion

I would strongly advise you to first, look through all previous posts on forum 44. in relation to everything in general. Then come here, not as a tourist but on a fact finding mission. Don,t drive around the tourist hot spots, go out on foot, and see the reality. Tell your husband to look closely at the standard of buildings being erected, watch the men at work, look at the health and safety aspects, a sick joke, watch the mainlanders working their guts out in the blazing sun for 50tl a day. I love North Cyprus, I am now married to a Turkish Cypriot who works for the local council, I go out cleaning daily. We have a reasonably decent lifestyle in our little studio apartment but when I first came here, with my now ex hubby, who first started as a labourer in the UK and now has his own thriving business, IN THE UK, our dreams where the same as yours. For your own sakes, forget it, been there, got the t shirt.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
03/01/2012 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 60 in Discussion

Thank you so much for all your replies.

msg 9 - jeannie, our bills are extremely high for our house in Scotland. I don't think it's a comparative thing, it very much depends on individual circumstances and I know our cost of living would drop dramatically.

msg 10 - eammon (again) thank you, I have done research already, i'm not an idiot. but clearly people do work here and even if someone emailed with some advice it would help.

bizzilizzi - how lovely to hear a friendly voice! yes, Jeannie's correct my other half is the builder, though i'm not bad. I know the process regarding residency etc, medicals, thanks, it's just work for my partner I am concerned about. I have tried to look at official government agencies today without much luck. Fortunately for me I should have a reasonable income.

I totally agree of course, there are many strange people on here that seem to hijack threads to voice their own frustrations, perhaps no one talks to them at home!

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 60 in Discussion

Bizzilizzi,

Thanks again - shall check out the British Residents website, that was helpful. And yes, we do intend to come out this year.

Blue Butterfly,

Thanks for your advice. I have spent the last week looking at the forum. It's actually good to hear someone tell it like it is - we will bear that in mind.

BlueButterfly

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 60 in Discussion

Maybe not a case of voicing frustrations, I, personally, couldnt be happier. There are a lot of people on the forum who may come across as being negative, but who are in fact, realists, and through experience, know the pitfalls and are being genuine in warning you of such. I understand that you only want to hear positive things, but life is not that simple. Anyway, I sincerely wish you good luck, whatever you do, hope everything works out for you.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 60 in Discussion

Msg 15, Butterfly, A great post , well considered and with personal experience your guide ! I agree totally and commend your honesty. Lest I, be misunderstood , any time I post, I try to be honest and sometimes I say things that people don't want to hear but is what I believe to be the truth ! There are others on the forum who do the same i.e. try to be positive but also realistic and at the end of the day, to give false hope is more cruel ! I don't live permanently in northern Cyprus but over the last 10 years, I have been lucky enough to make many friends there and do own a property there. I am a very regular visitor and delight in the lifestyle ! I only want to call it as i see it, nothing more ! Taysidegirl, I hope you get the answers that you require but i would take Butterflys advice on board !

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks Blue Butterfly.

It's not a case of I only want to hear positive things, that's ridiculous. My situation is very different from a lot of people's.

It is interesting that after all these comments, you are the only person that has mentioned anything in respect of buildingwork, although BizziLizzi has given great advice.

I don't feel it's a case of people being realists when they nit-pick at what i've written or use people's threads to voice overblown statements from ireland. That's frankly nonsense.

What we really wanted was advice from a builder who has managed to set up a company, and if a person with that specific knowledge told us it was a nightmare, then we could think again.

However, the person we wanted advice from hasn't answered the thread sadly.

Anyway, thanks again.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 60 in Discussion

Dear All,

Thanks for all your help with regard to my questions. I have just had an email from someone who has very kindly put me in touch with a site for people who already run successful businesses in Northern Cyprus and can advise me properly.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 60 in Discussion

Can the man involved not speak for himself ? He seems to be the silent partner and perhaps he could ask the more relevant questions, based on his experience. Sorry , taysidegirl, the fact that I'm from Ireland is not relevant, my advise you can take or leave, it doesn't bother me ! If you don't consider what you write before you post it, you cannot be surprised if the answers you get are imprecise and don't fulfill your hopes .

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 60 in Discussion

Eamonn,

The fact that you are Irish is probably relevant (because you don't shut-up). My mother is Irish too, as is half my family and my brother and my sister. I know how the Irish love to "hold court".

Nothing you have said is relevant actually but you still can't button it can you? My other half doesn't use a computer and as you can tell from my posts, and is clear from the way I write, I always consider what I say, because I have been writing as a career for the last 20 years.

My question was precise, you didn't answer it.

In future if you want to be so vocal - start your own thread.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 60 in Discussion

No need for racist comment,taysidegirl . I did not comment on on your nationality and some of your posts were not precise !

philbailey

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 05:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 60 in Discussion

That Gary Robb was a Brit

think he had a building company

rowlo

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 60 in Discussion

taysidegirl, where we have a house in north cyprus, one of the guys in the village a turkish cypriot , and a joiner ,like myself , travels to nicosia to work everyday , maybe something else to consider , a few years back the sums of money being quoted to start a business here were 100k , but that was on this forum , good luck to you , we will be back in dreek scotland ourselves on monday .

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 60 in Discussion

taysidegirl.....Speaking as a fellow Builder(retired) I think your sites may be set a little high.The general standard of building in TRNC is not good,and most people look for cheapness of build rather than quality....It may be possible to set up a company with a Turkish Cypriot partner, but setting up a company here requires large funding. In any event, I wish your the best of fortune.....

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 60 in Discussion

Rernt only, keep your options open and for goodness sake, realise that the competition in your chosen trade is keen here so unless you have a regular income from UK to fall back on, you could find yourself on a hiding to nothing.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks Rowlo, that's interesting to know. (By the way, now I realise what you meant in your earlier post. Except it shouldn't have been grab a coffee, it should have been "have a stiff drink"!)

Rowlo/Martin - My boyfriend is considerably older than me so I think a ridiculous amount to start a business isn't going to happen.

Pollymarples - Thanks I was only intending to rent initially as my money will be invested elsewhere and yes, I shall have an income.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 60 in Discussion

http://no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks Walkerscott, i've read a lot of that already, but it's useful to have so much info in one place, will save that.

I was intending on renting to begin with anyway and will only buy a pre-74 title resale in the future.

Rowlo, I have been advised that business set up is $100k which is about £65k, as far as I'm aware you need to deposit that amount into your business account whilst the limited company is being set up. I'm awaiting further clarification on whether you can then draw against this/how long it needs to stay there.

I don't think it's that you pay that amount to set up a business.

So apart from the inevitable bureaucratical nightmare, it seems feasible.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 60 in Discussion

Yes for a company you need to deposit $100,000 plus there will be lots of expenses for licences, legal & accounting fees.

You do not say what your proposed market will be i.e. building new properties - need finance and someone to buy the property not very likely - or small building works i.e. repairs, extensions etc - you will find it difficult to compete with the builders who are already here.

Sorry to be so negative but think your chances of making anywhere near a living are fairly remote.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 60 in Discussion

Hi Ozankoys,

No problem. Are you in the building trade yourself?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 60 in Discussion

ozankoys: her op indicated small works, renovations etc. rather than major new build, which is slightly less realistic.

tayside girl: I think part of the reason you are not getting the info you want is most of us here are retired and/or depending on pensions private income (although judging from this forum, particularly the resteraunt posts , most have a lot more of that than I have). Anyone actively engaged in the building trades wont have the time or energy to post here! I did work when I first came here, but it was teaching interspersed with driving and the regulations were more relaxed and foreigners more welcome in those days. Even so I barely scraped a living. I know little of the building trade here but my impression is that the competition would be fierce - and it speaks Turkish! Maybe you would get some work from the expat community but probably not enough for full tim employment and how areyou going to cope with the numerous complicated rules and regualations

rowlo

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 60 in Discussion

she,s a brickie msg33 .

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 60 in Discussion

if you dont understand Turkish - they are bad enough in English! - without employing very expensive interpreters and lawyers. This is not a backwoods , illiterate country - it has inherited a complicated beaurocracy from both the Turkish and British Empires and can strangle you with red tape.

You sound very determined - and you would have to be! And very diplomatic!!!!!!

If you do try it best advice is DONT BURN YOUR BOATS . Keeep a house in England and maintain contacts so you can go back if nec. Again not being obstructive or unwelcoming - just realistic.

PS FIRST LINE OF LAST POST SHOULD READ "UNREALISTIC" !!!!!!!!!

dalartokat

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 60 in Discussion

taysidegirl.....have a look at this......Turkish Cypriot Chamber Of Commerce - http://www.ktto.net ...although some of the figures may be out of date it generally gives you an idea of what is required to open up your own Company first, click on English and then down to "About TRNC" on the left. You may already know all this but it gives you an idea of what is required from you first of all to start up. You can open a business in TRNC without a TC partner and some money will have to be tied up in a TRNC bank. Also look at...State Planning Organisation - http://www.devplan.org....again although maybe out of date it gives you an idea about what makes TRNC tick.

From my experience you need to be able to speak some Turkish, if only related to the business that you would want to enter. You need a reliable interpretor and ask for any documents, where possible, in English. Mine took 9 months from start to finish with an Accountant. E mail if you wish. Message 36 is correct. Good luck.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 60 in Discussion

Bizzilizzi/Dalartokat,

Thanks again for the info. Would never consider burning boats (or bridges even!) Will have two houses in Scotland. (My daughter's future inheritance and she may want to come back at some point, so I have to work that into the equation).

I'm getting an idea of what a pain it will be and wonder i it's going to be worth my boyfriend's while anyway. By the time he comes out he will probably only have 5 years to retiring. So if he can't earn a reasonable amount for himself it's pointless, when he does well here being his own boss and part time hours. He's not going to work for very little.

That will probably be the deciding factor further down the line. Perhaps we will make the decision to move and not bother working if it's that much hassle.

Anyway thanks again, I shall have a look at the tccc website - knowledge is power and all that!

Bradus

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 60 in Discussion

Some TC work in the South commuting from the North daily. Is this an option worth exploring? I have heard that the pay is better and being in the EU it makes it easier to get work permit etc.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks Bradus, I know Rowlo already mentioned that. Will have a look into that, although I couldn't see Steve working for someone else, but shall try and find out more.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 60 in Discussion

That seems a no go anyway, you have to havee a job offer from a company who applies for a work permit for you. (Which he wouldn't do anyway).

I don't know what happened to EU members being able to work anywhere in other EU countries. Must be just UK!

Jaybee

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 60 in Discussion

My Ex partner set up a buisness over here and found nothing but changing rules on every twist and turn.to the deterement of the buisness,as previous posts have implied not an easy option to work over here and far from cheap to set up a buisness.Good luck in what ever way you go ,life is different to the UK norm over here ,so enjoy your life and take life as it comes with a smile.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
04/01/2012 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 60 in Discussion

tayside girl : listening to the BBC news tonight I could see why living in North Britain you would find the prospect of life in a Med. island attractive. However, there are snakes (real and metaphorical) in the garden! We have frequent electricity failures, heavy rains and floods in winter, a generally insecure infrastructure, no social services or nhs, as mentioned previously our houses are bitterly cold in winter, and in mid summer suffer from heat exhaustion and various insect carried illnesses! Of course there are advantages and for some of us they outweight the disadvantages, particularly if you are leaving a good business with goodwill behind!]

Could you afford to take a long sabbatical , rent a village house (rather than a villa with all mod cons) and do some voluntary work so you saw the non-tourist side, whilst investigating the work situation?

dalartokat

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 60 in Discussion

BizziLizzi, just curious, why everytime you post does it come out twice?

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 60 in Discussion

Jaybee, I totally understand where you are coming from and am at the point of coming to the same conclusion myself. Perhaps not worth the hassle.

Bizzilizzi, yes it's cold! £900 on gas and electric last year and will be higher this year although I also have an open fire on virtually every day. (BTW, i'm English and after 5 vicious years, I can't get used to it.)

Yes, we will probably do what you say, even if we tried it for a year and decided to come back (which I doubt will happen), there's no problem. I totally agree, I wanted to live in a village and get to know the locals as opposed to living on an estate. As long as I have a garden I don't care. We can't this year though as i'm working on my house still, except for a holiday, perhaps next year.

My boyfriend, daughter and the dog would love a pool but the sea is free, it's not necessary.

Anyway, thanks again.

philbailey

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 02:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 60 in Discussion

Bringing a dog for a year?

do some more homework

steps426

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 60 in Discussion

Hi taysidegirl i think you are maybe under a misapprehension as you say in message 42

I don't know what happened to EU members being able to work anywhere in other EU countries. Must be just UK!

(UN) fortunately the north of Cyprus is not in the EU although technically all of Cyprus is supposed to be and it ALL gets grant aid, some of which is spent in the North.

And most people living here will tell you (if they live in a villa) that their leccy bills are now over £100 a month

martinD41

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 60 in Discussion

msg...Indeed, the sea is Free, but the decent Beaches leading to it are not..

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 60 in Discussion

phil bailey,

why do you even bother?

steps - if you read earlier post correctly............some people suggested crossing border for work, hence eu comment.

and i don't intend to live in a villa (as earlier comment).

philbailey

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 60 in Discussion

Have you read this forum

about dogs left?

because they could not stay

for one reason or another

Homeangel

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 60 in Discussion

Hi taysidegirl email me at london.nails@hotmail.co.uk for a chat.

richez

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 60 in Discussion

If you are reliable and skilled there is plenty of work. Is that positive?

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 60 in Discussion

Hi,

Richez - that is the most positive thing i've heard on here, and yes he is both, good news.

Homeangel - will email you shortly, thanks.

rowlo

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 60 in Discussion

i think richez jests , tg.

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 60 in Discussion

oh!

thanks Rowlo...........there's no shortage of funny men on here is there??

perhaps they should open a comedy club in nc?

babydoll

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 60 in Discussion

there's always vacancies in the funny club

Jeannie

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 60 in Discussion

Certainly are - The Funny Farm's full.

billywiz

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 60 in Discussion

evening all

could anybody inform me of the wages a highly experincened construction supervisor could expect if i did get a job in NC.

thanks

philbailey

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 02:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 60 in Discussion

Go for it

you will never know till you try

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 02:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 60 in Discussion

is this one of your friends phil, trying to steal my thread?

I wonder what enlightened comment dennis the menace will come out with?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.