North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car Tax help me please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car Tax help me please

Car Tax help me please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi All

I have just realised my car tax was due on 31st dec. I obviously need to pay it asap and was hoping to do it today.

Will there be any penalty for paying it 5 days late? Also, I have read on other posts regarding car tax that you can tax for 6 months at a time but this costs more. The reason I ask is that when I bought the car, the dealer only taxed for 6 months and it only cost 105TL. As a result if I were to tax it for 12months any ideas roughly what would the difference be?

Also, what documents do I need to take with me as this will be the 1st time I have taxed a car myself?

Any help greatly appreciated

TRNC Ted

andy2b123

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

You will have to tax it for 12 months so the cost should be approx 200Tl. You should not have to pay a fine for being 5 days late bot might have to pay the new years increase.

You will need all your car paperwork:- insurance,Log book,MOT, exhaust emission cert. and your oldtax cert.

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Many thanks Andy, I thought as much but thanks for letting me know the doc's I need as now have to try and dig them all out.

TRNC Ted

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Just had a thought, does any one know the opening times of the tax office today, as when I went to get my driving license renewed they were open different times on different days and that was in the summer so now I have no idea being that they are on winter hours?

Many thanks again

TRNC Ted

greengate8

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Ted

Although its in Turkish - on the bottom of your tax disc (sheet of paper its attached to) it should say that you have two weeks after expiry date to renew before any fines start.

I do not know about the 6 months/1 year difference, but there were changes due to start 1/1/2012.

you will need Log book, MOT/emissions cert. (if applicable) I also took insurance docs but they didn't look at them. best to take it all.

Regards

irful

Message Posted:
05/01/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

How come you didn't ask your mum!!

You def need to get your act together; you'll be forgetting your 'army days' next!! (rhetorical - no need to reply)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.