North Cyprus Tourist Board - When asking for advice on relocation to North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > When asking for advice on relocation to North Cyprus

When asking for advice on relocation to North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Aslan

Message Posted:
06/01/2012 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

First and foremost you will have to remember that every expat is in the TRNC for different reasons and have different long and short term goals, financial stability and the opportunity to leave at a minutes notice ( UK base reccomended)

The phrase "while in Rome do as the Romans do" only seems to work when in your own homeland and talking about immigrants, being an immigrant in the TRNC has many pitfalls as well as positives again dependent on the individual, and its safe to say that all newbies need to "try it before you knock it", if you can afford to rent for a year while keeping a base in the UK (always have a backup plan)! then I highly reccomend this approach. Whether a pensioner, early retired or a young family the health service will be important in your decision making, for children education is vital as will learning the Turkish language. Although Turkish Cypriots have UK passports and the freedom to enter the UK and use all its facilities remember this is not recipricated

taysidegirl

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Aslan,

Good points. Renting and keeping property in UK is exactly what we intend doing. It's a shame private healthcare is so expensive.

I agree with your point that "when in Rome......" only seems to work in the UK, we seem to be remarkably lazy in learning languages, but I think everyone living in NC should make an effort to learn at least some Turkish. It's a point of respect. (Although I will probably struggle a bit with it!)

blade

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

When in Cyprus do as the Cypriots do, i can relate to that.

You will learn faster and get on better.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.