North Cyprus Tourist Board - Animals coming to TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Animals coming to TRNC

Animals coming to TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Ed1957

Message Posted:
07/01/2012 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Has anyone got any info on requirements for animals coming to TRNC from Turkey?

philbailey

Message Posted:
07/01/2012 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

A few came from the UK

erolz

Message Posted:
07/01/2012 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Ed1957, contact KAR and they can give you the information you need. This is the non profit registered charity KAR by the way. I am sure there are others as well, indivduals who will present themselves as experts and look to make money from 'helping' you get animals from South to North, but if you want good information and advise at no charge and not a 'service' at a cost then KAR are the people to go to I think.

iceman

Message Posted:
07/01/2012 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

erol

The regulation about bringing an animal from south to north is simple and straight forward..

How can anyone make profit by giving advice to people?

I have in the past helped few people by giving them advice and even finding them taxi's from the north that would collect their animals/crates from Larnaca.

daisythedog

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Ed1957, to bring animals ( I assume you are refering to dogs and cats) into the TRNC from Turkey you will need to get import licences from the Government Vet Dept in Lefkosia.

You must supply to them copies of Pet Passport or Vet Book showing animals details and microchip number, proof and date of rabies vaccination and subsequent rabies serological blood test report with a 'clear' result.

If all in order you will be issued with import licence which you must present, along with the original copies of blood test report etc, at point of entry to a person from the Vet Dept along with a fee of 110tl per animal. Your animals should then be able to go direct to their new home where they can do a 21 day home quarantine period.

With out an import licence animals will be taken into quarantine for at least 21 days at the Lefkosia Vet Centre.

Cyprus is rabies free unfortunately Turkey is not hence the need for these regulations.

blade

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

We also give free advice, we actually only charge if we collect your dog for you.

So who charges for advice??

Daisy i will just add to what you have said, anyone who has a serology report which is not written in English or Turkish, they will complain about and question.

erolz

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

The problem is in your case Blade that for 6 months the free advice you have offered on here about what the changes made in the UK on 1.1.2012 would mean to those seeking to move animals from here to the UK has been wrong. In my opinion it is not just that it has been wrong, we can all be wrong on occasions, but that you have asserted it as fact and generally done nothing that helps to clarify what the situation is and means and much to sow needless confusion and uncertainty and even fear. Now a general sense of confusion and uncertainty may well be good for those who also sell services in this area as well as offer free advise but it is not good for those who simply want to move their anaimals and be able to understand what is required and what the options are so they can then choose what services and from whom they will buy them in an informed manner.

blade

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Your opinion is just that yours.

I have spoken in depth with Dr Mehmet in the TRNC goverment vets department, and sorry but he agrees with me. Its all in the paperwork, just to give you a clue. But then you already know that don't you.

So we have our opinion and you have yours.

Erols as i said in a previous post i didn't just get of the banana boat and you also didn't reply to one question i asked you. I am not going to screw up things for anyone leaving here with their dog by going there with you in public on a forum. But that doesn't mean i am an idiot and unaware of what is going on here. After all here in the TRNC nothing is what it appears.

Stop beating me with a stick.

Ed1957

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks guys, you have given us some good options. I did not mean to start a squabble though

erolz

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Dr Mehmet of the TNC government vets department agress with you on what ? That until there is an approved carrier that goes direct from TRNC to the UK, the changes as of the 1.1.2012 make no difference to people whishing to move their animals from here to UK ? Is that what you are claiming he agrees you are right about, because you are not.

What could not be talk about totaly openly before now was how people were bypassing the bureaucracy (not the need for testing by approved laboratry, waiting three months, immunisation and the rest, just bureaucracy) that it is no longer necessary to have to bypass BECAUSE of the changes made by the UK as of the 1.1.2012 and DESPITE there not being yet an approved carrier that can go from TRNC to UK direct. Which is why you claim that the changes make no difference until their is an approved carrier direct from TRNC was and is just not correct.

Ed1957

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Please do not hijack my thread for your arguments, it was specifically adressed at people bringing pets from Turkey to TRNC,

erolz

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Sorry Ed1957 you are right and I appologise.

Riddles

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Oh, I thought you meant that tribute band last summer at the Ampitheatre

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

(re msg 13).. who were brilliant by the way.. and then outshone by the follow on band (the Searchers I think). More bands please!!!!

Riddles

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

More tribute bands and karaoke...that's what the TRNC needs!

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 15 (Tribute bands and karaoke).

Riddles - The Animals had two original members (drummer and keyboard) and the Searchers had the original lead singer - I think you'll find tribute bands are not made up from original members.

Didn't mention karaoke in my message?

I for one thought the month last summer dedicated to international music and entertainment in Girne main street and the amphitheatre is EXACTLY what we want.... I certainly enjoyed it along with many of my friends

(but going off thread so apologies)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.