North Cyprus Tourist Board - Yahoo !! 22nd Jany " The Big Sunday Soul Party" click Events..
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Yahoo !! 22nd Jany " The Big Sunday Soul Party" click Events..

Yahoo !! 22nd Jany " The Big Sunday Soul Party" click Events..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

jaga01

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

On the 22nd January at the Sunset Beach Club "The Sunday Soul Extravaganza Party is happening" starting at 4pm, free Hot Buffet at 4.30 pm, No admission cost whatsoever,,,,,,,, then from 5pm till late we will be boogying the night away to the sounds of 60`s 70`s & 80`s soul,, also appearing live for your entertainment will be the fantastic guest performer, the one and only Mr Soul Train himself "Al August Jnr" singing the greatest Dance & Disco songs ever recorded,,,,,,,,, The Temptations, Lionel Richie, Otis Reading, Wilson Picket, Jackie Wilson, Stevie Wonder,,,,,,,,,, plus many, many more that you know & Love,,,,,,,,, in 24 hours click on the events page being posted on the 22nd January for further information........ Then come on down with us,,, It`s Gonna be Party Time at Sunset Beach on the 22nd Jan.....,,, look forward to seeing everyone............

jaga01

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

It`s now posted on the events................ 22nd January

Riddles

Message Posted:
08/01/2012 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Mr 'Soul Train'? I thought he was a 'Frankie-wannabe'...

jaga01

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Riddles......... Post 3

Don’t be jealous now!!!!!! Al has sang with Otis, Little Richard, Al Green & many others,,,, and was the lead Singer in the original Soul Train in the 80`s, he has actually sang in South Africa with Tony Bennet, Had breakfast with Dean martin in Vegas and lunch with Sammy Davis in London,,,,, also he has been told by them and Sinatra`s Piano player of 45 years he is a wonderful singer, so wannabe??? No,,, Himself yes..... You shouldn’t be flippant or sarcastic there’s no need........

If you haven’t seen Al sing you shouldn’t comment?? , he is not a wannabe he just likes the swing era, he does it in his own style....... his mother sang in the Jack Parnell orchestra and Billy Cottons big band, and his father sang all over the world, swing is actually Al`s favourite music so come and see him and he will welcome you gladly.........or come and see him sing Soul, thats unless you think he is trying to be James Brown????, then make comment............

Riddles

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

AA Jnr sang with Otis Redding?

He claims to be 53 yrs old and Otis, sadly, has been dead for over 44 years. So when AA Jnr sang with Otis as an 8/9 year old it must have been a marvellous experience.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

I would imagine the day Al had breakfast with Dean Martin in Vegas and lunch with Sammy Davis in London must have been a bit hectic

jaga01

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 08:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Al was actually 5 years old when he sang with Otis not 9, and it was at the Palace in Longsight Manchester later to be called the Apollo where his Dad Al August Snr was comparing, that’s where Al , met most of the stars, Billy Fury, Cliff Richard, The Kinks, the Beatles, Shane Fenton later called Alvin Stardust, Bill Haley’s Guitar he used on tour in England is in Al`s Possession it`s called a Framus Black Rose........... Al Sang with Little Richard 7 Years ago in Manchester when the Rock & Roller was on tour with his long time hate Jerry Lee Lewis who is one of the most ignorant men Al says he ever met...... Al has also sang with Tom Jones but that’s "not unusual” Jeannie in post 6 I don’t mind that whatsoever it`s good to be funny......... it`s jealous, Bitter horrible people I don’t like....... By The way you will see all the Photos when Al opens his Bar Restaurant in Easter..........

Riddles

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

I was at the Palace, Manchester (23rd March 1967) and then at Imperial Ballroom, Nelson (1st April, 1967) ...Al Bell compared the show ....

jaga01

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Riddles

It says on your profile you are 34 years old, yet in 1967 you say were in Manchester,,,,,,,,,, so you must be Dr Who and travelling in the time continuum,,,, and time travelling when on the 1st of April at The Imperial Ballroom , Nelson, April Fool’s day,,,,, please don’t take me for one..... and the Palace, Oxford road, is where Al met Tom Jones, and had Dinner with Tony Bennet again,,,,, he was introduced to Tom by Bob Monkhouse, Bernard Manning & Freddie from the dreamers....... do you mean you were in Nelson???? Or with Nelson in yet another time travelling tour......... If you wish I will send you a Ticket for the opening night Party at the new restaurant and you may meet some people that will surprise you..... The Darleks for example.....

Bye Bye!

Jeannie

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Joking apart, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Al perform when we are over next, later this year, having heard so many good reports.

jaga01

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Thank you for that,,, and I`m sure Al will put on a good show for you,,,, when you are here come over and say hello..........

See You Soon x

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

@ jaga01: Is there any artist who didn't sing* with your "Al"..?!

* OK, let's say Vera Lynn or from 1945..:?

P.S. May I request the famous "Al" song "The white cliffs of Dover"..?

philbailey

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

If he met and sang with all the greats

why is he now singing in bars?

jaga01

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Dutch crusader,,, you again,,, Al`s waiting to meet you???

What have you done in life... tell us ,, who do you know,,, tell us,,,,, what talents do you have tell us???? your sad,,,,,

Phill Bailey

If you check your facts you would know,,,,,,, He is just promoting himself for the new restaurant,,,,,, have you seen any bad write ups,,,,, he doesn’t charge when he sings,, ask Paradise, Ask Yellow Orchid,,,,,, ask anyone,,,,,,,, he is a Guest singer ,,,,, you are so wrong,,,,,,,,, you are pathetic,,,,,

When Al says he will stand by his word he does........ see what happens when he opens the restaurant,, then comment.......

Bye Bye

What do you do Mr Bailey....... just moan all the time

dap3081

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Al August Jnr, I just wouldn't bother getting into debate with this morons, on the whole they are just a bunch of sad little people with sad little lives here in TRNC. Most of them have got themselves in the s.... with properties they have purchased here, and are bitter at everything around them. So when they see someone like Al August Jnr bringing enjoyment to others and with his own plans they just have to have a POP at them.

And who the biggest 'Know all' of them all on this forum, well here is the clue; DC.

Philbailey, msg13. Read the posts, Al August is planning on opening his own place later this year, so what better way of building his profile on the island than by performing in the local bars. And by the way he does a lot of these gigs for free.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

@ msg 14, jaga01: (...) Dutch crusader,,, you again,,, Al`s waiting to meet you??? (...)

▶ What does that mean? Is he or is he not?

jaga01: (...) What have you done in life... tell us ,, who do you know,,, tell us,,,,, what talents do you have tell us???? your sad,,,,, (...)

▶ Teasing you is really rewarding. You behave like a 16 years old teeenager.

P.S. Is there something wrong with one of the keys ,,,,,,,,, on your keyboard..?!

philbailey

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

I apologise I did not know he had his own place

all the best

Riddles

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Msg 9

Thanks, I've no interest in a ticket ...sorry my age is wrong on my profile (Riddles isn't my real name either) ...but I was at the shows in '67 and anybody else there would know that, although the posters say the MC was Al Bell he was, in fact, replaced by DJ Johnny Walker.

Regarding April 1st, I was discussing this with Booker T recently asking if April Fool is a tradition in USA too -he assures me it is!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.