North Cyprus Tourist Board - dog owners in karsiyaka
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > dog owners in karsiyaka

dog owners in karsiyaka

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

BRSDavid

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

As a result of unleased dogs attacking and killing a cat this morning the police are warning any owners that allow their dogs off the leash that they risk the police shooting such animals. For those irresponsible owners that do not control their dogs, please be warned. Furthermore any dogs that are taken onto the beaches risk punitive fines as regular patrols by the police and the Beledeysi will be instigated.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

There you go... perhaps now all those that let their dogs out for 'only a few mins' to do their bits will now realise that any dog becomes a killer with another...

Sid447

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Was a dog actually seen killing a cat?

If so agree with original poster; though it takes a pretty viicious dog to actually kill a cat.

Most dogs I've seen would chase a cat but killing one, pretty difficult to accept. Please explain more BRSDavid.

There are dozens of foxes around Karsiyaka and can understand a wild fox (or abondoned & wild dog) doing this.

Bertie

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I am really sorry about the cat and it was obviously a really unpleasant situation, but it means one of the few safe places to walk dogs is now not safe. This was not an instance where someone let a dog out to walk itself and the dogs that are normally down there are being walked by their owners. I could understand not wanting dogs down there if this was a well kept area but sadly its not its the usual dumping ground for builders waste smashed effes bottles etc but it was at least an area where there hasnt been poison for quite a while. Where now to walk dogs??

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Whereabouts in Karsiyaka did this occur please.

blade

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Last year a pack of dogs killed a number of farmers lambs in my village. Yes, they came with the guns and shot anything which was out and around the area.

Luckily i didn't have to witness it as i was on holiday at the time.

When i got back they came to my house and asked if my devil dog ( black Shar Pei Chan) was here as they had been told he was involved. Well we did laugh cos he had been dead for over a year.

Bertie

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Down from the very large house on the right if you are heading down towards the sea and the summer camp which the army have not used now for two years

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.