North Cyprus Tourist Board - Free internet security in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Free internet security in North Cyprus

Free internet security in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

BlueButterfly

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Can anyone recommend reliable free internet security please. I have looked at the AGV forum regarding free AVG and there are a lot of complaints regarding updates and updates slowing down computers. Any advice please.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

BlueButterfly,

I have been using AVG Free for over 5 years now and I find it a very reliable Anti Virus software. I have never had any problems with it and it regularly updates itself without any hassle. As regards forums, do you believe everything you read on this one ? hope this helps !

xiziqo

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

i use Avira free antivirus, works fine so far.

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
09/01/2012 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

I use Avira. AVG was a nightmare, as was MSE.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Everybody who receives emails and may also have passwords stored, doing banking, downloading stuff... watching youtube or others... need to have a proper internet security.

For proper "internet security", as requested in msg 1, you MUST have also a firewall.

avira free antivirus (and other free anti virus solutions), may be ok, in a way.., but does NOT supply you with reliable security.

Free software is never "reliable" (in our world), eg with a "free firewall" many options are not working, eg the "real-time" scanning of internet traffick or incoming emails.

Some say: have a free antivirus and pay for the firewall or other way round.. but, to avoid slow downs due to compatibility and other problems..You should pay for both, especially if you use other free software on your computer, like eg google and others...

Firewall and antivirus... "Avira internet security", 20 euro per year (two year package), 13 kurus per day.

Sandford

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Bluebutterfly,

"Which" have just recommended Bullguard Internet Security 12 with an 86% testing score. It is £18 a year, but they also offer a 60 day free trial to see if it suits first.

http://www.bullguard.com

Otherwise, for free security software, they suggest Microsoft Security Essentials which scored nearly 10% higher in their tests than AVG and 20% higher than AVIRA.

BlueButterfly

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Sandford, I had a look at the Bulldog site, they offer 60 days trial, until it comes to the download and it is actually only seven days trial. I also read some of the feedback from people using it and there seem to be a lot of problems with this system.

I am a bit of a computer 'thicky' and don,t want to get it wrong when it comes to security, I will take a look at the options, including the pay for ones, didn't realise they cost so little.

I am very grateful to you all for your advice. Thank you.

MoBry

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

BlueButterfly - you will need to pay to use it, but I can recommend System Mechanic (IOLO) which not only provides computer security, it also keeps a check of your computer's inside workings to keep everything up to speed and in good shape. I love it because it lists all your problems when it's done a scan then says "Yes", so I poke one button and the whole thing fixes up problems with no worries. A friend's computer techie son-in-law recommended it and I find it brilliant. I think it's the "poke one button" approach which is the best thing about it, ie, security & check-up for dummies.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.