North Cyprus Tourist Board - Boiler: LPG or Electric?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Boiler: LPG or Electric?

Boiler: LPG or Electric?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

tyalgin

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I'm currently shopping for a central heating system.

I was thinking about a LPG boiler but one of the installers is offering electric boilers that heat water using a heat pump.

He insists it is much cheaper to run than LPG.

Comments?

Any help would be appreciated!

whataview

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

I would recommend speaking to someone at Sahinsoy Ltd 0392 444 4410, they specialize in all types of heating solutions. You can also visit their website to give you an insight but think it is still in Turkish, have been nagging them to offer a translated version too but I'm sure it will be of some use to see what they offer. http://www.sahinsoyltd.com Hope that helps you can also say that Amy recommended you purely as they have done numerous jobs for us.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
10/01/2012 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

After a lot of research and also renting 2 previous villas whilst ours was being built, we went for diesel, the villas we rented both had LPG.

It was ridiculously expensive to run, we have found the diesel to be much more economical than LPG.

Not sure about elec. system normally any form of heating by electricity is expensive.

But you mention a heat pump. Do you know what K.W. it is ?

We also have our C.H. system linked in to our log burner . This will either heat the rads independently or assist the boiler.

ataturk

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Most importantly make sure you get a condensing boiler as opposed to a normal combi boiler as they are much more efficient. Our plumber told us about this and it was true. In the uk they are far cheaper and the difference you can save is about £1000 after you have paid the tax bringing it in.

Heatline is a brand which is made by Demir Dokum so you can find parts here no problem

clipper50

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

as a gas safe engineer who runs his own business here in the uk http://www.keston-boiler-service-repair.co.uk one i would not recommend a heatline boiler yes the work ok but gas engineers here in uk make a lot of money fixing them all the time , and yes you should go for a condensing boiler as you will save up to 25 to 30 % on fuel costs against a conventional heat only or combination boiler the two brands i do recommend are worcester bosch or vaillant boilers and if you wish to go down the route of and electric boiler then i would recommend a Gemminox electric boiler the only down side of this boiler will be the initial install cost on the electric wiring and controls

Sid447

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Quote JohnnyLee ...."After a lot of research and also renting 2 previous villas whilst ours was being built, we went for diesel, the villas we rented both had LPG.

It was ridiculously expensive to run, we have found the diesel to be much more economical than LPG.

Not sure about elec. system normally any form of heating by electricity is expensive.

But you mention a heat pump. Do you know what K.W. it is ?

We also have our C.H. system linked in to our log burner . This will either heat the rads independently or assist the boiler."

Agree. good, helpful and informative post!

ataturk

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Clipper 50 Fair comment on the Heatline but parts are freely available here with no problem as opposed to Bosch and Valiant. I would have gone for Valiant myself but for problems with getting hold of parts at a reasonable price. I will add that Heatline/Demir Dokum are now owned by Valiant anyway and I would think that soem if not most parts are pretty much universal. I must say that the new heatlines are a lot better than the older ones and mine has been pretty faultless apart from limescale problems which have now been sorted with a water softener. Valiant here want about £1700 supplied and fitted for a basic boiler last time I checked.

stubbs1

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Got to go with JohhnyLee myself. Got the diesel oil and more than happy. Economical too.

tyalgin

Message Posted:
12/01/2012 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Ok thanks everyone... But diesel prices are going up, no? Petrol already around USD100, some say will reach 200... LPG is not expected to skyrocket as fast?

BTW, yes I am going to get a condensing boiler. I dont know the KW rating yet but I'll get that info and share it here.

IN the meantime, how much are you paying per month in winter? (jan->mar)

ataturk

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

With our heatline condensing boiler we are filling up 1150tl every two months with it on every morning and evening weekdays and on mostly nonstop at thee weekends. Depending on how hot or cold it is we turn it up or down. I would defo get a gas Combi boiler as in the future we will be getting piped natural gas. Just remeber to get the lpg conversion kit for the boiler.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.