North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkey offers to rid UK of Ginger parasite :-)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkey offers to rid UK of Ginger parasite :-)

Turkey offers to rid UK of Ginger parasite :-)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

wanderer

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Apologies to red heads & royalists for the headline

A court in Turkey has said it plans to prosecute the Duchess of York for secretly filming orphans in the country for a television documentary.

The Duchess visited the orphanage near Ankara while making a film for the ITV Tonight programme in 2008.

The court plans to accuse her of going "against the law in acquiring footage and violating privacy" of five children.

The Duchess's spokesman said she would not be commenting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16531752

But the BBC's royal correspondent Peter Hunt said a source close to the Duchess had expressed surprise at the development.

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I did read somewhere that Turkey has imprisoned more journalists than China, so not so much of a shock.I can not remember where I read it ?

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 01:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Exposure of human rights, in particular for those of children without a voice, can only ever be a good thing, be it in Turkey, Britain or anywhere else in the world.

Me think you protest too much, Turkey. Admit your shortcomings and discuss change rather than diverting the blame. The injustice and poor treatment of the vulnerable within your society was there for all to see. Your defense, that the filming violated the privacy of five children, is ridiculous. Having seen young children tied up and neglected being filmed, seems the least of the children's concerns.

Groucho

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I think she should go and face the music... if she really wanted to bring about change, make a stand and draw attention to the plight of these orphans it could only be a good way to do it. She could demand the orphans' appearance in her defence. They'd be cleaned up for at least a day... :(

Will she go? Or was it actually a way for her to make some 'much-needed' money?

yrret

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 08:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Turkey has dropped the ball here.

Firstly the fact that Ferge was able to acheive what she did and exposed the orphanages demonstrates an inaility to police the situation when she was there, assuming they want to keep it covered up which the currenmt story would suggest.

Secondly, by summonsing here for the alledged reporting, it si=uggests the report has substance, so is an admission that the orphanages are failing.

Thirdly, this all adds weight to France and Germnay's opposition for Turkey to ever join the EU on the humanitarian objections.

I agree with Gav though, if she wants publicy, go back, the worlds media will be right behind her, and would without doubt result in masses of under cover investigation.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.