North Cyprus Tourist Board - how does title work for land ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > how does title work for land ?

how does title work for land ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

reyntj

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

if you are buying land to build on what is the process and pitfalls. From this forum i am familiar with the ptp kochan issues with buying offplan and resale properties etc. How does it differ for land - i presume the ptp process is the same but what if issued if ptp is obtained is there a kochan ?if i bought some land how could i prevent the owner from putting a memorandum on it until hopefully ptp was obtained.

how can i check the land has appropriate building consents.

tarry67

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

If you buy land first and get the title deeds it is much better than buying off plan, as you will pay vat on the land but not on the property when it is built saving you a fortune, unless this has changed again.

The title deed will tell you if it is building land or agricultural land, but be careful that it is not classed as a brown area which is for the sole purpose of building for tourism ie a hotel etc which should all be checked and explained by a solicitor. Year ago some people fell into the trap of buying the land but not owning the olive trees on it which this law I hope has now been changed.

When you obtain the deeds you need to register them with the land office (Tapu) then the land owner can not put any mortgage or anything else against it, until you recieve your PTP which could take a long time.

Steve

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Steve,

"When you obtain the deeds you need to register them with the land office (Tapu) then the land owner can not put any mortgage or anything else against it, until you receive your PTP which could take a long time"

You will not obtain your deeds until you have received your PTP and the sale is completed. Do you mean register the sales contract not the deeds? This will safeguard the buyer from the seller taking out a mortgage on the land. However if the seller has any debts then memorandums can be placed on the land. This can make the buyer responsible for the sellers debt.

Good information regarding land title. I didn't know about the olive tree rules.

reyntj

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

this is great info thnx much appreciated

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.