North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bringing 2 dogs from UK to Trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bringing 2 dogs from UK to Trnc

Bringing 2 dogs from UK to Trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

I know this has come up before but we have 2 cocker spaniels who we would bring over with us and I have been told that there is now no way of flying them in is this correct please and if so am I correct in thinking that KAR can bring them by an overland route.Your help would be appreciated thanks.

gavangie

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Have you considered driving over with the dogs in the car? We did it last year with 2 dogs and a cat, had no problems and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

iceman

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

With the correct documentation, you can fly them to Larnaca, then cross over to the north LEGALLY on a home quarantee permission issued by TRNC veterinary dept.

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 2 my other half wats us to do that but the thought of it gives me the shivers!!Msg 3 I was hoping that was possible but I have read on the Kar site that this method was illegal but I have a feeling that there website probably needs updating,any further info will be gratefully received.

bigOz

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Don't we have enough dogs and cats in Cyprus already?

iceman

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Its perfectly legal to bring pets from south to north as long as the paperwork is in order.

It is the other way round that is IMPOSSIBLE..

All you need to do is

1-obtain pet passports for your dogs

2-have them vaccinated against rabies

3-Get a rabies serology test done for them in UK

4-Apply to TRNC veterinary dept (to Mr.Mehmet Isfendiyar) with the above docs.

Mr.Isfendiyar will ask you for flight details and approximate time of arrival to the checkpoint so he can arrange a vet to meet you there and take you and the dog to the gov vet office where they will give you a receipt for 120TL per dog and allow you take your dogs home.

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Iceman thanks for your help.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Message 5 :Of course there are, but you can't expect people to leave beloved pets (assuming these are)behind and at least spaniels are fairly small and gentle not big aggressive dogs.

The sensible thing is for the owner to have the animals neutered. Then not only is there no risk of pups swelling the animal population, but a male will be less likely to go off in search of a bitch in heat, and a female (and her owners) saved from pestering by strays.

Also spaniels are hunting dogs - if known to be neutered they are less likely to be kidnapped. I have a beautiful (rescured) cocker spaniel cross, and am from time to time approached by hunters to let him go for a hunting dog (no way!) or breeding. When they learn he is "done" they lose interest.

bigbadbob

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

msg8 yes these 2 are very much loved and there is no way we would leave them behind the bitch Ruby is half show strain half worker and has been spayed the male Joe (cocker) is a full working strain with a super pedigree he is intact but if we make the move he will be done before we come over these dogs are typical spaniels and are not at all agressive.

Ed1957

Message Posted:
13/01/2012 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Don't attack me I really am a dog lover but, .... just an idea

We have people in the UK wanting to bring their dogs to the TRNC

And people here who have to move back and can't /don't want to take their dogs back to the UK

What about a swap.

I know that this won't get me onto everyone's Christmas card list but what do people think?

Rover and out

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Actually that makes sense in theory Ed. The problem is people get attached to a particular dog (and vice versa) and they get used to each others ways- it would be like exchanging children. Also responsible owners not only spend time and money on innoculations, neutering etc. but a lot of effort in training the animal. And age and fitness of the owner and suitability of premises would have to be matched. You wouldnt want to swap, say, a house trained miniature Poodle, happy with short daily walks and a small garden beloging to an older couple, with a young active Alsation used to living outdoors and long runs in the country with a young family!

Lor49

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Agree with BizziLizzi on her comments. I am also in the process of moving full time and bringing my cat and dog from Qatar, so the information provided by Iceman will also help me, thanks for that.

BigOz, we love our cat and dog, just like we loved our previous dog who died, we had her cremated and kept her ashes, this is the same plan for the cat and dog we have left. I also take care of 15 cats when I am in TRNC, not just feeding them, but catching them and paying for them to be neutered/spayed just as my cat and dog are.

Bigbadbob, Have you tried Turkish Airlines, we are flying with ours as excess baggage on the same flight, we are flying into Istanbul (from Qatar) and then have a 6 hour wait for the flight to Ecran or you can send them as cargo on a different flight.

iceman

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

remember people, rabies serology test is a MUST...

do NOT arrive without it...your dog might be in quarantee for weeks without this document and you are responsile to look after it while in quarantee!!

to send blood samples for serology test to biobest labs in UK, download/print the form in the link below and get your vet to fill and send it with the sample.

submissions from UK > http://www.biobest.co.uk/assets/files/forms/rabies_submission_form_vets.pdf

submissions from overseas > http://www.biobest.co.uk/assets/files/forms/Rabies%20Paperwork%20Overseas%20v14%2006%20Dec%2011.pdf

Please send your sample to:

Biobest Laboratories Ltd

6 Charles Darwin House

The Edinburgh Technopole

Milton Bridge

Nr Penicuik

EH26 0PY

UK

iceman

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Please find below a sample list of couriers that deliver diagnostic samples including rabies to Biobest*

(*Please note there are other couriers that will deliver samples, the list below is for guidance only)

•UPS

•DHL

•Fed Ex

•TNT

•Parcel Force

When sending by courier it should be explained that the sample is for routine diagnostic testing and is non hazardous.

daisythedog

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Just a point to add to Iceman's info in msg 6

if you are bringing an animal from outside the EU through the ROC (ie Larnaca) a minium of 3 months from the date the blood test was taken is required to for entry without quarantine that side.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
14/01/2012 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

ice man is the man to listen too and if he is really nice he will post a pic of his magnificent dogs

they are stunning trust me i have seen them

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.