North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet Provider...Multimax
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet Provider...Multimax

Internet Provider...Multimax

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

jbm2009

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Multimax...Finally an Internet provider that provides an excellent service together with good Customer After Care! We have recently switched from Digital Supreme to Multimax and would highly recommend them to anyone who is considering changing their provider or having broadband installed.

Zoony

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

I agree very helpfull staff and exellent service not to forget consistantly good signal

firebreathing

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

We have had Multimax for just over a week now. Good connection and speeds and excellent customer service.

Erol and Cem have just been back to help me with a problem with my Wireless router. Job done for a small cost but no complaints as it was my equipment that was at fault. Don't think you would get that service from the other ISP's here.

Would recommend them at this stage. I hope their level of customer service continues.

blond

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

My sister switched just before Christmas and says it is excellent - Very happy with customer service to.

ataturk

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

Got Multimax but cant believe we had no internet for most part of the day as they had no electric at their office. I would have thought they would have had a generator we are in Cyprus after all

erolz

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Ataturk as Kemal has said on these forum before, the Multimax base stations have battery back up power that covers power outages from 4-6 hours but power cuts longer than this will cause an base station to go down. Kemal also posted on here to warn about this ahead of time when we became aware that power may be down in Girne for longer than the 4-6 hours, as it was. His post is here

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/83873.asp

Multimax could put generators in all it's base stations to extend the power failurte coverage beyond the 4-6 hours currently but the simple fact is that this would cost substanital amounts and limit the places in which it is suitable to locate a base station thus reducing coverage generally. These cost would have to be passed onto the customer. Would you be willing to pay 30% more for your connection so that you could have service when the power has been out longer than 4-6hours ? [cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

You can have generator based back up, the mobile phone companies have such on their base stations, but then look at how much they charge for limited data per month vs the price of unlimited data allowance on multimax. So if the service staying up when power cuts are longer than 4-6hours is important to you , look to get a 3G data plan with Turkcell or Telsim but understand that if you actualy download or upload any serious volume of data you will end up paying 100's of TL per month for this. If you want the best value internet connection you can get , that will stay up during power cuts that are less than 4-6 hours, then Multimax is certainly one of the companies to look at. I do not think any of MM competitors, Nethouse Netowrks, Extend, AriNet or Sunny Cyprus have generators on all their base satsions. The mobile phone copmpanies do.

By the way when was the last time Girne had a power cut that was longer than 4-6 hours before today ? Anyone know ?

GinaC

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Has this problem caused my friend to lose her access to BBC and ITV live and iplayer in Lapta, her internet has been fine all day but BBC and ITV have gone with some sort of message saying this service is not available in your country.

erolz

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

GinaC I am not sure if this is related to the power cut or not to be honest, but BBC and ITV should be working fine now from a MM connection. Certainly working OK from my home right now. If your friend is still getting those messages now, then first try rebooting the MM box box on the roof (turn power off and back on again) and the router in thier house if they have one. If it is still showing not available after this then contact MM in the morning or feel free to email me direct if they would like some assistance before then and I will try to help.

GinaC

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks Erolz you are a star that has fixed BBC for her but not ITV ?

erolz

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

ITV is still saying 'you are not in the UK' ? That should nto be happening. If it is still saying this in the morning please contact MM and they will investigate.

GinaC

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Passed the message on Erolz and she will call tomorrow if it still the same.

suel5

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Fantastic service from multimax. Respond quickly to phone calls and have helped my connection to itv and bbc within minutes of contacting them through their live assistance on their web page. First internet provider we have used and shall be renewing later in the year.

kbasat

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

msg 5, ataturk said: "Got Multimax but cant believe we had no internet for most part of the day as they had no electric at their office. I would have thought they would have had a generator we are in Cyprus after all"

Mr. Ataturk,

Of all the 26 basestations we have in the Girne area alone, only 2 of them have suffered outages due to extensive power cuts that has happened today.

As erol already stated, and I have explained in another thread just yesterday (in the light of forecoming power outages), http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/83873.asp, we have battery backups in all basestations that lasts 4 hours or more.

If you know 'A' generator that would feed all our 26 basestations accross 50 km of shoreline that stretches from Karsiyaka to Tatlisu, I am more than willing to give that solution a try.

(cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

When determining the best cost to benefit ratio of the appropriate backup power for every basestation, there are a number of internationally accepted rules as well as local considerations that we use.

Our calculations have shown that approx 80% of the customers go down with a power cut in an area. Out of the remaining 20%, less than 5% is still connected after 4 hours of of power out.

Your comments that we invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in generators for all of our basestations(if it were at all possible) just so that this small percent of people would benefit from an extra long powercut that would probably happen only a few times a year and at the same time increase our costs considerably for everyone is quite sarcastic and feebleminded.

Positive critisim is always welcome, sensless comments are not.

We are a new company and the general view of our customers show us that we are doing a lot of things right, even though there is room for a lot of improvements.

K.

ataturk

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Kemal I believe I receive my internet from your Karakum office which I believe is your head office so I cant see why you wouldnt have a generator at your head office. I can understand not having a generator in some of the areas that are not so densely populated but I would have thought that in the centre of town a generator or two wouldnt go a miss as this wuld possibly serve a lot of your customers. My comments were not meant to be sarcastic or feeble but contstructive you are a reasonably new company and your service is improving please dont take my comments the wrong way.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

MM's head office is in Lefkoşa. The Karakum / Girne office is an adminstration office, somewhere were people can go to make payments and the like. It just does not function as a 'core' part of the network infrastructure. I do not know for sure but I suspect that the number of cutomers that are connected via it network wise is a tiny fraction of the customers in the Girne area, being only those with extremely close and suitable proximity to it. Kemal will be able to give exact information on this. The point is, network wise, it is not effectively 'central' or 'core' or serving a dense concentration of customers.

loulou

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Atatrk Have you thought of the cost of installing just a few generators just for you in your area

arnt you you being a little selfish,as you have said Multimax is a new company and the outlay

must be very expensive,allso the provide a very good service at an excellent price.can you imagine

the price per month or per year if he did have to install generators ( JUST FOR YOU) and i think

Karakum is just an office not the head office

j200mey

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

your top dog keep it up thanks jim

zeytinlidere

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

We had MM installed just after New Year and they are great! Internet speeds have been consistently good and we have not lost connection at all. I had a small problem with the Channel 4 vpn and Erol and Cem actually came to the house to set it up for me. Wonderful service, wonderful company.

kbasat

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

As couple of people already pointed out, Kyrenia office is just a 'convenience location' for us as well as for our customers in Kyrenia.

Girne Office currently

handles customer applications,

collect payments,

keeps limited stock for installations and troubleshoots,

provide a 'go-to' location for Multimax engineers in Kyrenia.

This is it, everything else is managed and maintained by our office and out staff in our head office in Lefkosa.

Kemal

can take care of all the paperwork stuff and money matters without having to travel to Lefkosa. We also use the office as a

sylvie

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

erol,

do you need to have a land line because we are actually using 3g turkcell - and what is the cost of installation and month fees ? thanks

juliamoons

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Sylvie, no you do not need a land line for mm internet. Go here and see the great prices that they are offering for their service. Installation is 50tl if you go for monthly or free if you go for a year. If you subscribe for a year you get 15 months for the price of 12. http://www.mmcyp.com

sylvie

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

thanks julia

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Julia

I understand that 50TL is the cost of account activation and not installation.

Can Kemal tell us what the standard installation cost is please ??

Regards

Paul

erolz

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

50TL is the price for activation / installation. Basically its the only cost to the customer who wants to pay monthly (if you take a year option then the 50TL is not charged and you get 15 months for the price of 12). This is for the single wired connection into your house, that can be plugged directly into a single computer. If you want to run multiple wired computers from this connection then a switch/hub is needed and if you do not have one already then MM can supply one but this would be an extra cost. Similarly if you wanted to connect a single or multiple computers wirelessly in your house this would need an wireless AP , again which MM can supply at an additional cost. Most people already have a combined box that is router/wireless AP and switch all in one. However if this pre exisiting box needs to be reconfigured there may be a charge for that.

The cost of the basic wire into your house however is just 50TL , call it instalation or activation its still only 50 TL

astonhilbilly

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Internet off because of strike action, when power resumed, internet failed to restore.

Rang Kemal, engineer (Cem, very pleasant guy) came within the hour - restored our internet.

What fantastic service - this will take some beating.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Erolz

Re Msg 26

Thanks for the update

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.