North Cyprus Tourist Board - Recommendation, advocate
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Recommendation, advocate

Recommendation, advocate

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

banjo

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Can anybody recommend advokate E.Ulunay, Lefkoşa?

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

No but I would so recommend Unver Bedesi whose office is in Ankhara Street there in Lefkosia. He firmly believes that all the Girne lawyers should be struck off and then shot! I went to him to put a charge on my house before anyone else could! (Successfully)

He looks like a night club bouncer but is a lovely man who got his law degree in the UK and he has been my saviour. Because he looks tough I said "Unver go out there and bash 'em" His response was "Oh yes I will, but I can do it in court with my tongue".

Dead straight and will not rob you either.

banjo

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Thank you suehowlittle. Unver Bedesi is so right.The advocats in Girne are having a 'feast'. Ankara sokak. Is it where most of the lawyers are having their officies?

But still, please if any can recommend Ulunay?

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Yes, almost opposite the law courts. if you want his phone number let me know.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 02:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

A personal recommendation is worth serious consideration and ( depending on bone fides of the person making it) should be used as a guide. Kudos, suehowlittle !

Groucho

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 07:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

The British High Commission maintains a list of Advocates that they have not had complaints of poor performance about. It is not exhaustive but it is a starting point at least. You email them asking for the list and they email you back.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Groucho,

Great information of a very valuable service .

Isabella

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Message 2 - Absolutely amazing that a Lawyer would make such a sweeping comment about all Girne Lawyers. I would certainly be wary about dealing with this Lawyer.

By the way used a Girne Lawyer. She was professional and carried out her duties to a standard expected from a reputable Lawyer.

We contacted our Lawyer after visiting the British High Commission's web site.

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

There must be some honourable ones around, but most just want to do easy work, an not get involved in confrontational isssues,just easy money, then when you have a problem don't want to know, i don't trust them, some are connected with, builders, maintenance companies, developers etc and are only interested in feathering their own nests!

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

I used a Girne Lawyer too in the beginning. To my cost. More fool me because I did not catch on sooner, he was my avocat but also was the builder's. When I realised he was working against me and not for me despite being well paid I demanded my file and changed to Unver Bedevi who came very highly recommended by a member of the Turkish Consulate who I know very well.

I was so shocked to find that I had been misled, no, not misled, lied to.

Once again I will say that I would 100% recomment this lawyer.

Milou

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

If you live in the Famagusta District, I can really recommend Dolun Ustuner:

dolun.ustuner@gmail.com

She is one of the longest serving advocates on the island and she won't take on a case if she thinks you don't have a fair chance of winning it. She is not one of those advocates that will take a case on simply for the money.

Her husband, Ismet is elko-2 on this forum and he speaks perfect English as you know. I can recommend them 100%.

kind regards

milou

plawyer

Message Posted:
30/01/2012 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

I am a TRNC lawyer as well as a UK solicitor born and brought up in the UK and recently moved down to TRNC. Currently wok at a law firm in Nicosia and can travel to Kyrenia as and when needed. Fluent both in English and Turkish and willing to assist all English speaking for all their legal queries and problems.

Contactable on p.ocal@hotmail.co.uk

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
30/01/2012 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

For Girne, I can highly recommend Izzie Okray, tel. 03928157989.. I have been with them for the last 8 years, and they have at all times been professional, friendly, and efficient. They have handled various things for me, and spent ages on lots of phone calls that I have made asking for advice and never charged me a penny for telephone advice and time. They recently saved me a lot of money when I got my PTP. I paid my VAT etc, and then said I wanted to sell, so they held off paying my transfer tax for a month as said there was no need to pay if I sold quickly, which I did, so got a nice refund.

banjo

Message Posted:
30/01/2012 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Thank you to all of you for taking time to answer my question.

To Groucho: I finally have the list frpm The British High Commission. The list is, by the way, used by other countries, and is indeed short

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.