North Cyprus Tourist Board - Advice: can non resident get a Turkish marrige license?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Advice: can non resident get a Turkish marrige license?

Advice: can non resident get a Turkish marrige license?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

mesunshine

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

We are a married couple,but our marriage license is not neither English or Turkish. We don't want to have it translated due to the expenses. So we thought maybe we can marry again her and get a Turkish license. Do you have any advice about how to get a marriage license? We are not residents yet,and we need this as to apply for residency.

I'd appreciate your help...

Marion

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

You've got me confused. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a translation rather than paying for a ceremony. Also why do you need a Turkish licence to apply for residency. You are two individuals who happen to be married. But suggest you seek advice at government level on this one. as I say, if you want to save money, get whatever yu have translated. What country issued it.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Definitely cheaper to have it translated - a very good friend (not local, Iranian citizen) just got married here last week and the expense was far more than any official translation would cost. It also took 2 trips to Istanbul to sort out all the paperwork as they wouldn't accept paperwork from the embassy in the South.

mahdel

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 04:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I don't think you can just get married again like that and have it count. Plus getting it translated would be pretty cheap, depending on the language. Probably cheaper than a new license here anyway. Try posting a flier at the local universities as they generally have a lot of international students and would be happy to translate it into English. Then you can find another to translate into turkish if you wish. What language is it as I may know some people who speak it and could translate it into english. Then there are lots of cheap translators from English to Turkish. And maybe the government that issued it can do a translation as well. Check that out first.

ladyoscar

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

isnt your marriage licence applied internationally? i think it should apply internationally

mesunshine

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for your answers guys...It's in Persian and I asked a professor in Near East University for translation. He gave me an unbelievably high price. That's why I thought of having a new license. So, as far as I understood, there's no way to get a valid license again, and our current license needs to be translated,right?

Is there any translation agency here to do that?

I'm going to Istanbul this weekend. Does anyone know a place where I can have it translated in less than a day?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.