North Cyprus Tourist Board - MULTIMAX vs Electricity Strike, we lost
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > MULTIMAX vs Electricity Strike, we lost

MULTIMAX vs Electricity Strike, we lost

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

kbasat

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

On the first day of this strike, we were ready! Everyone of our basestations were installed with backup batteries. When the day was over, we only had downtime in 2 basestations out of 56 total, so we thought we weathered this one off pretty well.

But Kibtek was not done, they knew our weakness. The problem with our battery backup system is that it lasts approximately 4-6 hours but then it needs about 20 hours to recharge properly from empty.

On the second day, we had max 14 basestations out at a given time, with more than this number being affected anytime during the day. We were overwhelmed.

Today, we had at times more than half of our basestations down. We couldnt find any work to do, as it is impossible to do anything efficiently under these circumstances. We are now totally crushed!

For the past 3 days, we couldnt install any new customer as either them or the basestation was without power. Customers who were in the same grid as the basetstation were the lucky ones. (co

kbasat

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Imagine your power goes out but the basestation you are connected to is on; and when your power comes on, the basestation power goes off. Really frustrating situation. All of this has happened.

We right now have lost all enthusiasm.

We already have a network independent of the local Telco. What next, a solar/wind powered system completely independent of local grid? Thats like thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars of investment.

Then what, we declare independence from TRNC?

Each one of our basestations use 50Kurus (thats 0.5TL) of electricity per DAY. We are suffering because we cannot even get that?

Any why? Because the government is not willing to discuss policies and the union is holding the whole country at ransom to get their demands.

Total frustration.

K.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry to hear of your total frustrations Kemal, I hope you can keep going. Our internet is on and we are with you...so chin up...all is not lost!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

You cant give up now Kemal.! I only switched to Multimax just in time for the strike (story of my life!) and have been relieved and impressed that I had connection throughout (I have battery back up that runs lights and computer , but not heat!).

Also pleased so far with the speed compared with previous provider.

Keep going - I think you have earned a lot of friends and support by being open and receptive. We know things go wrong (particularly here !) but it helps so much to be told why and what is being done.

kbasat

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Our customers' understanding through this tough times with electricity problems have been impeccable.

I like to thank all for your support. We will get through this I am sure, its just difficult when things happening that affects your business and you cant do anything reasonable to stop it.

K.

Mallard

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

We had our generator on yesterday evening in Yesiltepe Kemal and watched UK TV until late. We obviously have a connection now, so don't despair as you are a great communicator and always do what you say you will. The Kibtek strike is not your problem so I am sure your loyal followers will support your efforts.

mickhm

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Everything is now beyond your control, No-one can blame you for loss of internet access, It's just one of those things that happens. In the U.K. my favourite phrase was "shit happens" Looks like it's followed me. I am still VERY happy with the service I am receiving from you. Keep it up

A very grateful customer

GinaC

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Kemal don't knock yourself so much as a relative in Lapta has had no loss of internet from you at all. She has a generator to power her house and has been chatting to me on Skype all the time for the last few days.

waddo

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Kemal, I think the saying is: "No plan withstands first contact with the enemy". Having a good plan stood me in good stead many times, but only and I say again, only when I had complete control over all events.

Now you have had first contact and like me in the past so many times - the plan goes to worms.

It is not your fault at all and all of your customers will understand this, you provide the best service I have ever had on the Island so please do not give up on the plan!!! Another day and another master plan will emerge and you will put it all be behind you and be back up and running again. New customers will wait for installation because they know you care and your product is good.

Don't despair - hang in there!!!!!!

ataturk

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Dont worry kemal not long now mate. Privatisation will solve all these problems and put paid to these lazy sods who know only too well that the gravy train is ending. Internets been kinda patchy today but it seems to be holding out.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.