North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electric update
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electric update

Electric update

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

sunrise

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Apparently workers from Turkey came over to man the Esentepe plant, the Cypriot workers beat them up and some were hospitalised.

Army and riot police...hundreds of them... have now moved in to safeguard the Turkish workers. However it will take 2 to 3 days for them to get the plant running again as the Cypriots sabotaged one part of the plant.

We are currently getting electricity from the Famagusta plant, so don't be surprised if you are on and off all the time until the Esentepe one is fully functional again.

And as a matter of interest, I have been told that the area around the plant where most of the workers live has had almost no cuts...wouldn't surprise me.

Lauvaine

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks Sunrise. I was wondering what was happening.

lozroz

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Such troubled times. I'm not taking sides, haven't been here long enough to know whats going on. Just in the end, when these things happen, are there ever any winners? I can remember the miners strike in the UK, families split apart and violence too. Please let the people negotiating sort things out soon. Its the young, old and business owners I really feel for.

Thoughts and regrets for all those really suffering right now.

Marion

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Ao the message that we would allhave electricity by 8p.m. was just a dream? ansd could someonee confirm just WHY they are on strike, getting absolutely no sympathy from this household. someone convince me pleasew that their strike action and the inconvenience to everyone is worth it. Small businesses are struggling as a result of it and it seems a little thoughtless, unless, as I ask, there is a really worthwhile cause behind it.

GinaC

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Forget businesses for now think of the sick and also old age neighbours. They are suffering terribly :-(

AllyTT

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Not to forget babies - my 8 month old nephew has been freezing for 3 days..

GinaC

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

AllyTT you are so right, excuse me.

chriswife

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

poor mite thats bad what was the outcome in 1970 was too young to understand

lozroz

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Was only a teenager myself but remember wandering around in darkness with all the street lights out from the powercuts. All the factories went onto 3 day weeks because there wasnt enough fuel to keep the powerstations running. Government brought to its knees conservatives out labour in. The miners were in such a bad way too with being on strike for so long and all the mines closed anyway. Lose, lose situation. It was probably a lot more complex than that but I still recall the impact.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

I remember having 2 very young babies to feed & keep warm, with no electric for most of the week! unfortunately in those days we only had nappies we had to wash, but toilets that would flush without electricity! and in the UK it was VERY VERY COLD! but we survived! as I am sure you all will My central heating boiler has been on the blink all last weekend and believe me it was very cold here, just been repaired so now very warm! as I hope you will all be very quickly!

Politics:-( is just groups of people making decisions for the rest of us! who have to cope with the fallout!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.