North Cyprus Tourist Board - Are there FREEMASONS in North Cyprus , I think there could be?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Are there FREEMASONS in North Cyprus , I think there could be?

Are there FREEMASONS in North Cyprus , I think there could be?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 49 in Discussion

As North CVyprus has so many corrupt companies, could some of these belong to the Masonic order, we call Freemasons in the UK. Many of these companies are on the internet as .CO.UK, These orders are ccorrupt and only interested in self gratification, sounds awefully like a lot of UK companies operating in the TRNC??????

cavalryman

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 49 in Discussion

And your evidence is ???????????????????????????

northcyprus74

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 49 in Discussion

Interesting

lozroz

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 49 in Discussion

Thats an awful thing to state post 1. I'm not one but have a very dear friend who is. His lodges raise so much money for charity including funding for air ambulances. You can't generalise like that, there are corrupt companies in every country and in every sector.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 49 in Discussion

Re: Msg 1,

Yet another inane post... :(

sharpknife

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 49 in Discussion

Nothing wrong with being a member of a masonic order, they probably do a lot more good for the community than you ever did. Were you proposed then blackballed or something? got a grudge have you? ignorant person.

Ocam

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 49 in Discussion

Re: Msg 6,

"Were you proposed then blackballed or something?..."

The original poster is a female, so the question is void.

sharpknife

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 49 in Discussion

The other one still stands

Ocam

cavalryman

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 49 in Discussion

are there no female lodges Clarissa2?

birdman

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 49 in Discussion

There are MANY " LADY" Freemasons lodges in the UK so ,it IS possible that Bazzagirl was proposed and rejected !

What an ignorant post, to what ends, as obviously she knows nothing about the Masonic order?

They say ignorance is bliss, perhaps Bazzagirl is living in Bliss ?

Gerry

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 49 in Discussion

Re: Msg 9,

No.

The wives can attend some functions though.

erolz

Message Posted:
20/01/2012 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 49 in Discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry_and_women

smudger7

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 49 in Discussion

I have no axe to grind either way but from personal experience and friends who are part of the secret association can confirm:-

1. They cannot divulge what goes on inside the lodge.

2. They cannot assist other masons outside of the lodge, as one of my friends said you would help a golfing buddy so why not?

3. All civil servants have to divulge if a mason which they do not as rule apart from in secret between themselves.

4. I agree masons raise money for charity including members who have problems so fair play to them.

5. The whole secrecy thing worries outsiders (myself included) but ignorance is no excuse, 2 of my best friends are masons and I would trust them with my life so who am I to judge?

Despite all that what is a concern is my last boss was a senior mason and when a local bridge was closed for months due to an accident the Police would open it every Tuesday night for masons to get to and from their lodge. Also despite being a complete nutty never had points and bragged a

mahdel

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 03:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 49 in Discussion

I believe North Cyprus has so many corrupt companies because the government rewards and almost never punishes corruption and greed here. See:Property, all of it. Also, in general all companies are interested only in self gratification. If you've read a paper recently you may have noticed a few banking errors over the past few years. These were caused by the financial industry being blatantly self-interested and greedy, as well as stupid. Companies exist to make money and will do it however they can. Why you think this is evidence that a group of older guys who make funny handshakes and mostly raise money for charity and yes, probably do each other a few favors (like all groups of friends do. This is why everyone should be friends with at least one cop)

FatgrumpyB

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 49 in Discussion

Obviously bazzagirl is an idiot who knows nothing about Free Masonry

Isabella

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 49 in Discussion

My husband is a Mason and I can say that in the past few years Masonry has become more open and we have evenings for wives/partners to attend the Lodge and look around. I personally don't think this is necessary. If they have a tradition then keep it that way. Before anyone makes comments they should carry out thorough research - I am sure they will find it very interesting - a society going back such a long time. If there was a concern about any member they would be soon rooted out.

I know many Masons and their wives and all those I know are very hardworking, caring people, who take an interest in helping others less fortunate than themselves. This can include other members and their families who suddenly have problems.

I only have admiration for them and when I see such silly things written as the one who started this thread ,I dispair at the type of people around and worry about our children's future in society generally.

avraham

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 49 in Discussion

She,s at it again.Please read the previous posts by this demented woman and you will see how vindictive she is .You would have thought that she would be glad to be out of it after selling her appartment but what does she do buy a Villa. (supposedly).Sea Vistas are well shot of this husband and wife team I pity thier new neighbours.No new reports of rats, since they left perhaps they followed thier Pied Piper.One final thing please do not send any of your vindictive E-Mails and may I wish you them same Xmas message you sent to the Sea Vistas residents.Thank You.

PoshinDevon

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 49 in Discussion

I am also a Mason and very proud to be.

Freemasonry is above all about charity, but also trying to lead your life the right way and also concern for your fellow human beings - I see nothing wrong with this. As for secrecy, a quick look on the internet will divulge everything anyone needs to know about Freemasonry and its ceremonies.

In the UK Freemasonry is the second largest provider of charitable funds behind the national lottery. It is very often the first to contribute for good causes or towards disaster relief (Haiti). We do this quietly and without a song and dance. I know that my charitable giving in Masonry is being properly used and have politely told those canvassing on the streets for donations that I prefer my method of giving.

Things are very much more open nowadays and I would suggest that many wives and partners know almost as much about the rituals and ceremonies as the Mason himself.

A great and proud organisation of which I am priviliged and proud to belon

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 49 in Discussion

Keep your head under the parapet Bazzagirl, because you are totally out of order. (no pun intended)

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 49 in Discussion

One has to question "editor" of what? (see profile). To be an editor, one would imagine that person would be informed, well read, educated, intelligent and worldly - not a person to post a risible, defamatory, tripe laden thread such as this.

I attended a Ladies Night Mason's dinner decades ago, each lady was given a beautiful gift each, and although there is still some secrecy around Masons initiation and hierarchy, their bad reputation comes from generations back (there is corruption in every sector and organisation) these days, they are mostly known for being altruistic.

I have always thought, when reading bazzagirl's posts, someone who invests such energy into dogs, whilst in one way, admirable (giving them a comfortable life) in the largest part, her use of them as an excuse/reason/justification for anything and everything that irritates her, illustrates an unbalanced view of life, and a questionable disposition. Tunnel vision indeed.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 49 in Discussion

Yes it is a nasty thing to post.

Maybe Bazzagirl is ignorant of Freemasonry, of course many people are, but in that instance it would be wise not to make such unfounded comments.

Of course there are Masons in Cyprus.

Stonker

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 49 in Discussion

Nothing but a bunch of bare breasted, rolled up trouser leg, knee in the custard, fanny-tickling big bankers

Stonker

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 49 in Discussion

Meant to add that I do appreciate they do a lot of great things for charity

canada

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 49 in Discussion

i am a mason aand i am offended by this post

we provide alot of charities with help in canada

selpak

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 49 in Discussion

They say Hal crompton is a mason,now there is a turn up for the book's!

not sure about his side kick Dick currie.

birdman

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 49 in Discussion

smuger7 message 13.

You are basically correct in your synopsis,a few corrections for you however.

1. They cannot divulge what goes on in a lodge room - correct

2.They cannot assist other masons outside the lodge - totally incorrect they will always help a brother "in need"

3. All civil servants have to declare if they are a mason. - There is NO law to say that this must be upheld,

4. Masons raise money . - correct and not only for Masonic purposes.

5 The whole secrecy thing worries outsider. - It shouldn't . Masons are NOT a secret society, they are a society WITH SECRETS.

EVERYTHING about the Masons is available in many books about the society and those who join the order "for the right reasons" will meet some fantastic characters . As with all clubs, there are a few bad apples but they are eventually found out and are expelled or leave of their own volition when they realize there are no pecuniary benefits for themselves.

Gerry

mickhm

Message Posted:
21/01/2012 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 49 in Discussion

after all the hype are there any lodges in North Cyprus that would welcome a joining member?

Jemma

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 49 in Discussion

Wowww, someone jumps to conclusions about people way too quick!

Deniz1

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 49 in Discussion

The St. Hilarion lodge in Girne but they hold the meetings in Larnaca

birdman

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 49 in Discussion

As do the Belapaise lodge in Girne who also hold their meetings in Larnaca.

Masons are supposed to be a non-religious, non political order. Although Joining members can be of any religion or from any branch of politics, it is encouraged that theses subjects are not brought about in open lodge.

This is flouted by the Greek Cypriots, who rule the roost in in the ROC. They refuse to recognize any masons who might reside in the TRNC and will not let Masons from the North hold meetings or even rehearsals for ceremonies in the North. They are Not allowed to have an address or even a bank account in the North ! So much for Masonic principals by the Greek Cypriots and this is endorsed by "The Grand Lodge " in England, a travesty of the masonic code of conduct !

This state of affairs does not only apply to Greek Cypriots but they have tainted many Brits who live in the South, who also ostracize those Masons from the North who are made to hold their meetings in the South by a biased ROC g

northcyprus74

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 49 in Discussion

Bazzagirl.... Yes there are a few estate agents, and many other establishment which are owned by feemasons... However they do alot of good... Which is the main structure of freemasonery.... It has nothing to do with stealing etc... It actually does the complete oposite.

selpak

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 49 in Discussion

Estate agents.

Freemason's.

Builders.

Awww,dont they all sound nice together !

alanogden

Message Posted:
22/01/2012 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 49 in Discussion

Re msg 13

1. They cannot divulge what goes on inside the lodge. - Right. Although there are many decent books on the subject. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hiram_Key http://www.amazon.co.uk/Born-Blood-Lost-Secrets-Freemasonry/dp/0871316021 are a couple off the top of my head.

2. They cannot assist other masons outside of the lodge, as one of my friends said you would help a golfing buddy so why not? - Masons are instructed to help FRIENDS or BROTHERS without detriment to themselves. Although family comes first of course.

4. I agree masons raise money for charity including members who have problems so fair play to them. - 2nd biggest charity giver in the UK behind the national lottery, which is of course public money....

MSG 1 may have been reading some other things that misinform about Masonry. Perhaps ask some Masons themselves? there seems to be some in North Cyprus.

ACO

breezyboy

Message Posted:
26/01/2012 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 49 in Discussion

2nd biggest?

did we forget Rotary?

PoshinDevon

Message Posted:
26/01/2012 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 49 in Discussion

Correct Freemasons are the second largest contributers to charity after the national lottery. Freemasons contribute quietly and do not make a big noise about it.

As a Mason myself it is one of the main reasons why I decided to join this magnificent order. All accounts detailing donations both nationally and internationally are published each year. On a more local level lodges will donate to more local charities and good causes. The Master for the year will usually choose 2 or 3 charities that he would like to support and other suggestions will come from other lodge members. The money raised during the year is then divided amongst the charities nominated. We hold an annual church service followed by a social gathering with all recipients and we pass the donations across. We also open the lodge room to anyone present who may wish to have a look around. Many are fascinated by the history, traditions and of course grateful for our support.

Bear 1

Message Posted:
26/01/2012 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 49 in Discussion

Further to PoshinDevons response, which is correct, Freemasonary collects and gives more to charities worldwide than any other organisation, excluding the National Lottery, (where most people donate in the hope of personal gain). In addition they never rattle tins outside the supermarket and collect all monies from masons or from donations at special events. The Rotary Club is a fine organisation who have 55,000 members in the UK. Freemasonary have 300,000 members in the UK and very few paid employees, who's wages are paid from individual mason's annual subscription. Details of charitable donations can be found on the following website: http://www.ugle.org.uk There is a lot of information on this site which, I hope may help clarify some of the myths regarding Freemasonary.

horselover

Message Posted:
26/01/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 49 in Discussion

there are so many things the public know f all about. bohemian grove eg...me.i dont need to belong to any secret or non secret society. i give to no charity, as i know the biggest are corrupt. [not that i have money to burn]. i help my nearest to home, but not thru money giving. i give my time. no one knows the truth unless thay are at the very top of the pyramid, and believe me, there are sooo many layers. each to their own, but i am not a sheep.

horselover

Message Posted:
26/01/2012 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 49 in Discussion

oh and lets not forget the illuminati. i need a new lamp for my bedroom

Pippie

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 49 in Discussion

I understood from a Turkish Cypriot friend that the masons was not yet up and running in here, any masons residing in here will travel to the South for meetings and events.

In fact my friend was asked last year if he will head up the organisation on this side of the island.

davpat

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 49 in Discussion

I am Secretary of my Masonic Lodge,and proud to be associated with the Order,any aspect of Masonry is freely available on the Internet,so very Secret then???

All monies raised in the name of Charity are raised privately by the Masons themselves,we do not rattle tins asking for the publics money,as a previous Mason has already indicated,the Masons are the 2nd largest charity giver in the UK,2nd only to the Lottery,if it wasnt for the Masons,a lot of Charities would not exist.

For all those ignorant comments in this thread,learn about Freemasonry before you open your mouths,you make yourselves look so stupid.

Nugget

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 49 in Discussion

I am a mason and proud of it, one point regarding charity, the masonic order is the second largest contributer to charity behind the national lottery.

beautychick

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 49 in Discussion

Can I just say that I think the OP has some obvious issues and ignorant comments such be ignored.

Maybe this thread should be closed by the mods at this point.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 49 in Discussion

In msg 18 PoshinDevon wrote "In the UK Freemasonry is the second largest provider of charitable funds behind the national lottery"

In msg 33 AlanOgden wrote "2nd biggest charity giver in the UK behind the national lottery"

In msg 35 PoshinDevon (again) wrote "Correct. Freemasons are the second largest contributers to charity after the national lottery"

In msg 36 Bear1 wrote "Freemasonary collects and gives more to charities worldwide than any other organisation, excluding the National Lottery"

In msg 40 Davpat wrote "the Masons are the 2nd largest charity giver in the UK, 2nd only to the Lottery"

In msg 41 Nugget wrote "I am a mason and proud of it, one point regarding charity, the masonic order is the second largest contributer to charity behind the national lottery"

You certainly like to make this point, don't you guys

davpat

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 49 in Discussion

Yes we should,do you think otherwise Crumpy?

ranger5

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 49 in Discussion

This was a stupid post from Bazzagirl in the first place. Come on mods, put an end to it. Serving no purpose

elkiton

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 49 in Discussion

I will volunteer some information here as I know a couple of the "funny handshake guys" personally, although I am not a mason.

If the general population really knew the extent of the Mason's goodwill to the more deprived areas of society, there would be no need of threads like this one.

There is charitable work being done here, today, to relieve suffering which will never be announced as to the source of the funds.

Why? Because they see no need to bask in the glory of publicity.

A pity more people do not take the lead from them.

TonyE

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 49 in Discussion

elkiton. VERY well said.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
28/01/2012 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 49 in Discussion

In msg 44 Davpat wrote "do you think otherwise Crumpy?"

Davpat, I just *think* it is the standard etiquete of any forum to read the other messages in any thread to avoid writing virtually the same sentence, in this case, six times.

Stonker

Message Posted:
28/01/2012 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 49 in Discussion

Ere Ere msg 46 and each to their own

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.