North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where can I get GOOD Quality hot Hot water tanks!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where can I get GOOD Quality hot Hot water tanks!

Where can I get GOOD Quality hot Hot water tanks!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

how188

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Have had to change two in the last 4 years, there must be better solution.!!

In the UK mine last at least 15 years in a similar hard water area?

Help Help please.

Cyprusactive

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I am surprised that you have had to change tanks so frequently. The hard water really makes no difference to the life of tanks, indeed corrosion to metal tanks is usually a function of acid water which is far from being a problem in the TRNC! Scale certainly forms more readily in metal tanks with the greater molecular attraction of calcium and manesium salts but a simple scale coating is in reality no bad thing. Rubbish and sediment can be prevented with a filter but again I have never thouight that that is a problem, though unsightly. The scale does not adhere so much in plastic tanks so flakes will fall to the bottom potentially blocking taps, valves more readly. The thicker plastic tanks with the black inner skin are better that the all white as there is less light transmission and so reduces the potential for growth of algae etc. I have slightly prefered metal tanks as they hold more water than the horizontal round tanks if mounted on the same base.

gaziali

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Next to Turk Bank Karakum you will be able to find MR. PIPE. call the manager Hasan (ex turk bank branch manager ) 05338746959

andy2b123

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Go to De-miller in Nicosa. Locally made from copper, insulated and outer case stainless steel, end of problem

kibsolar

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

As long your hot water tank is connected to a "open circuit" solar system, or if you heat up your tank to more then approx 60 degree Celsius, you may always have such problems..

Cyprusactive

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Apologies, I did not see the tanks you refered to were hot! Most of the ones you can buy are pretty bomb proof but a common problem in pressurised systems is that the pressure relief valve is of too high a value.8 bar is 120psi and that is quite a load and further that only provides that relief if it is working and not stuck on its seating. It is simple to check and easy to change though turn the electricity off and make sure it is cool or you will get a shock!

babbs

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I see Nick Bointon has changed his name to Alison Smith and is mow 82 years old.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.