North Cyprus Tourist Board - Relocating from Turkey to North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Relocating from Turkey to North Cyprus

Relocating from Turkey to North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

att1960

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Has anyone done this previously and if so can you tell me about the process/experience, especially with regard to importing cars and pets from Turkey ??

Hector

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Andrew

I wish you well and welcome you to the forum. It's definitely the right place to ask questions. The lack of response so far is most likely due to the power cuts due to the strikes and not a reflection on you or the forum. There are many, many threads on relocating to North Cyprus on here and you can search for them using the search box at the top of the page.

It will help those offering advice if you can give a brief outline of your circumstances, i.e. are you looking to work, renting/buying or buying a property, have children who will need a school, living off a pension? etc. Don't expect a flood of 'it's heaven on earth' responses especially if you mention buying a property! Best remove any tinted spectacles before the realists take them off for you.

I wish you all the best in taking the right decision for you.

Hector

mozgor

Message Posted:
23/01/2012 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Moving over from Turkey is the same process as moving from anywhere else - you pay loads of tax on cars and your animal needs a pet passport, but you may be granted home quarantine rather than the government quarantine facilities in Lefkosa.

There's loads of advice previously posted about both these subjects, if you click on these links first and if you still have an unanswered question then there are plenty who will be happy to offer advice I'm sure.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.