North Cyprus Tourist Board - French Senate passes Armenian genocide law
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > French Senate passes Armenian genocide law

French Senate passes Armenian genocide law

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

philbailey

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

In the first reaction from Ankara, Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin condemned the bill.

"The decision made by the Senate is a great injustice and shows total lack of respect for Turkey," he told the CNN-Turk television channel.

The Turkish embassy in Paris warned that if President Sarkozy approved the bill, the damage done to relations between the two countries would be permanent.

There was another thread

on this topic but cannot find it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16677986

marymary

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

It was genocide. There is enough documentation and witness stories to confirm that, but the French were wrong to ban any claims of denial. Leave it to free speech and let deniers make their claims, such as the Iranian President who denies the genocide of the Jews. His claims and those of the Turkish Government do more harm to themselves and make me question if the 'Mildly Islamic' AK party is leading a country that is suitable to join the EU. I think not. I believe that the Greek Cypriots were guilty of Genocide against the TC's. My late husband's family served here in those times and they were of no doubt that there was a systematic attempt to exponge the TCs.

yrret

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Time for the hotels etc in Istanbul to stop charging in Euro me thinks.

Surely the final nail in the coffin of proposed EU membership.

timaloy

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

excellent reply marymary

Ed1957

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

But what has this to do with Turkey? Surely it was the Ottoman empire

philbailey

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Msg 2, has anyone got figures of deaths

from the 60s to 74

regarding both T/C and G/C deaths ?

timaloy

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

agreed,so whys turkey so upset??

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

What the hell does it have to do with the French anyway. They cannot even manage their own country never mind poking their noses into what is after all almost 100 year old history.

There have always been terrible happenings in the past, no country comes out of history with clean hands.

The important thing is the future and not repeating the mistakes of the past.

The Genocide which was happening here in Cyprus is far more recent and no-one wants to know. Why???????

sylvie

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

what ever happen should have been discuss between the 2 parts ,nothing to do with politicians especially knowing that we are going to vote for presidency in a few months - SARKO is killing us - he said today that " if he doesn't win the elections nobody will ever hear from him - i cannot wait that day!

philbailey

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Msg 8, I believe that the genocide in Cyprus in known by the UN

they even have resolutions

I am sure there are links.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Yes, I am sure there are links and I have read all the books. but.........why doesn't Sarkozy discuss the genocide of Turkish Cypriots (which is recent) instead of the Armhenian one?

He and his government just want to keep the Turks out of their Christian Club (Europe), I for one cannot understand/believe that they ever wanted to join in the first place. I truly believe that it's all a game of chess and that Turkey never had any intentions of joining anyway.

Power to them!

philbailey

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Msg 11, the problem is more G/cs died than T/cs between 60-74,

so right or wrong it is a political hot potato

which is why turkey cannot push this topic I guesss

sylvie

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

sue - i was in France when the 1974 started - my husband and I heard only one time about it in a flash news -showing the lycee 19 mais in limassol when my husband use to go with prisonners in there - we were desesperate because no possibility to phone and no TC community - so no news papers - abassy didn't want to inform us and info caame through uk - france is pro greek and and it is worst now a day with that gouvernment -

sylvie

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

sue - SARKO interfer in other gouvernment when it is time of election he just want to get votes - it happen with china about the tibet and china gave contracts to UK and germany - of course turkey do not need france and even think france has so much to loose by behaving that way - what can we do - people go in the streets to show that they disagree but it does work anymore - but we still do !

philbailey

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 02:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Has he passed the bill yet ?

erolz

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 03:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

philbailey msg12

Still pushing your distortions of reality to suit your agenda then I see. It is simply not true to say more G/C were killed than T/C between 60-74, if you mean to 74 before Turkish military action. It is not true in absolutley terms and vastly more not true if you talk about % of the population of each community.

How many TC were killed by GC in the period 63-68 philbailey and how many GC by TC in this period ? How many TC were either driven from their homes by GC violence or the fear of it in this period and how many GC ? GC violence much of which was being run out of and controlled by the then all GC run governments Interior Ministry.

I do not personaly consider GC admin actions in the period 63-68 genocide nor do I deny the massive suffering of GC as a result of the events of 74. But to present the period lerading upto Turkish action in 74 as being one were GC suffered more than TC, as you do imo in your post 12 is to me just a disgusting distortion of reality.

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 06:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

It's all just obfuscation. It has nothing to do with their (France's) current problems but it will serve the purpose of taking attention away from their imminent announcement that they too are 'up shit creak without a financial paddle'.

I'm expecting Turkey to announce the outlawing of 'French-Algerian Genocide Denial' in a tit-for-tat move next in the diplomatic round....

sylvie

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

if yoperpétré un génocide en Algérie ?

Mardi, 17 Janvier 2012 07:52

View Comments

La nouvelle loi française pénalisant la contestation du génocide arménien pose de nouveau le problème des crimes commis par la France dans ses nombreuses colonies, et notamment en Algérie.

Par Ezzeddine Ben Hamida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Par les temps qui courent, même en Tunisie, la question a le mérite d’être posée. En effet, suite au vote, le jeudi 22 décembre, de l’Assemblée nationale française d’une proposition de loi Ump pénalisant la contestation du génocide arménien, le premier ministre turc, Recep Tayyip Erdogan a accusé, vendredi 23 décembre, la France d’avoir perpétré un génocide en Algérie : «On estime que 15% de la population algérienne a été massacrée par les Français à partir de 1945.

Il s’agit d’un génocide», a-t-il déclaré, faisant référence aux crimes commis et à la barbarie exercée par l’arm

sylvie

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

perpétré un génocide en Algérie ?

Mardi, 17 Janvier 2012 07:52

View Comments

La nouvelle loi française pénalisant la contestation du génocide arménien pose de nouveau le problème des crimes commis par la France dans ses nombreuses colonies, et notamment en Algérie.

Par Ezzeddine Ben Hamida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Par les temps qui courent, même en Tunisie, la question a le mérite d’être posée. En effet, suite au vote, le jeudi 22 décembre, de l’Assemblée nationale française d’une proposition de loi Ump pénalisant la contestation du génocide arménien, le premier ministre turc, Recep Tayyip Erdogan a accusé, vendredi 23 décembre, la France d’avoir perpétré un génocide en Algérie : «On estime que 15% de la population algérienne a été massacrée par les Français à partir de 1945.

Il s’agit d’un génocide», a-t-il déclaré, faisant référence aux crimes commis et à la barbarie exercée par l’armée franç

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.