North Cyprus Tourist Board - north cyprus charity's
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > north cyprus charity's

north cyprus charity's

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

knife

Message Posted:
24/01/2012 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

I was just wondering the following:

How many of the charity's set up by the retired ex pats are genuine.

how much of the money raised by people goes to the charity?

how much goes to the big lunch that needs to be taken to discuss a charity event where all the members of the committee get quite merry and enjoy a large 3 course meal out the charity kitty.

If they just had that meeting round another committee members house then would that not be better that more money goes to the charity.

I dont understand that when the so called KAR are standing out side asking you donate then refuse to take your donation because they all ready have pasta at the depot when all workers in KAR are on a wage how can they be picky on what is donated .

But this is just a example I have been approached by quite a few charity's since I have been here, and to be honest if you want to give then give direct

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Nice first post 'knife', thanks for sharing your 'wonderings' with us all here so publicaly but so annonimously. Just a shame that your post contains totaly untrue and incorrect assertions.

Namely that all KAR workers are on a wage. This is just simply not true and in fact is far from the truth. KAR does employ some staff, principaly those at the arapkoy center and some of those that work in the KAR office. However there is vast army of unpaid voluanters that work for KAR, some of whom have been working unpaid to help KAR for literaly years. This would include those people who stand outside supermarkets, those who staff the stall at chateau lamboussa, those who run the cat catching teams for the N&R programs, those who do kitten fostering, those who do the schools education program and those who do fundraising and many others. Also none of the executive comittee of KAR are paid. [cont]

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

That's one Hal of a comment

msg 1

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

To me personaly you have just demonstrated the worst aspect of how C44 is used by some. Well done and welcome to C44.

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

and you philbailey have been demonstarting it since 17/01/2011, under that username at least, as far as I am concerned.

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 5, please explain ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Msg5, I am sorry that the forum

you AJ, Hans tried to start did not work

but I did suggest the phone number thing would not work

but I was right

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

As you ask philbailey I will tell you, though doing so may skirt close to the forum rules.

In my own personal opinion philbailey you bring next to nothing to the forum. To me you are nothing but an 'provocature'. To me you come accross not as someone who thinks of themselves of part of a community, but somone aloof from it, that is superior to most and who's role is not to contribute, but to goad and prod and 'make people think'. You constant use of the 'innocent question' that is almost never really such is exactly the kind of posting style that creates this impression in me. Also your 'clever' one line quips like message 3 are another. You do not share your own views. You come accross to me as someone who thinks they are here to 'educate' the 'stupid' and 'misguided' users of this forum and you use the 'innocent question' as your tool in this quest of yours. That is how you come accross to me and why I lump you in with the 'worst' of how some use this forum.

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 8. you are not that wrong ,

but are the people who reply better or worse ?

I would love to raise awareness

in all matters.

What I hate is people with blinkers on

or bigots

there used to be people on here who you could discuss things with

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

and your message 7 philbailey just entirely underlines and reinforces why to me you are in with the 'worst' of how some use this forum.

I did indeed help Hans and AJ with their forum. I have also in the past helped nigel with his forum, glenco with their forum, north cyprus free press with their website, making north cyprus better movement with their website, to name just some. Giving frely of both my time and what expertise I might have and of resources that I have. So no need to feel sorry for me, though it would appear that you have need to think 'you were right' even though the closure of Han's and AJ's forum was in fact nothig to do with 'the phone number thing'.

So who do YOU helped philbailey, other than all of us poor misguided fools on C44 that would not be able to think for ourselves if it were not for your constant 'questions' ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 10 , check out the "sex in trnc on the weekend" thread

for Ismail

Many members e-mail me for off board advice

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Philbailey when you say you 'love to raise awareness' all I see is ' I love to push my agenda'

When you say 'I hate people with blinkers on' all I see is 'anyone who does not see things my way is stupid, blinkered and bigoted and I have a duty to educate them withouth them even knowing I am doing it because I am so clever and so subtle and they are so stupid'

So who are these people on here you used to be able to discuss things with and more of interest to me under what username did you have these discussions ?

Anyway philbailey, maybe your 'strategy' does work on some, on that I could not comment. For me it is entirely self defeating. You do not make me 'think' with your 'questions' anything other than who is this person that thinks they are so much better than the rest of us. You raise no awareness in me other than how badly some use this forum, rather than actualy pariticpate and contribute.

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 8 may I ask (your words)

Who are the "the 'stupid' and 'misguided' users"(quote0

because that is a very poor opinion of members here

in my opinion

if you feel this way about the members

I suggest you feel above them

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 10 again as far as I go, your whole 'I am so clever approach' was indeed entirely self deafeating at least in my case. I specificaly never read that thread, simply because it was clearly titled to 'trick' people into reading it. I am not some child or halfwit that needs to be manipulated by your superior inteligence to read a thread with a 'enticing title' that is actualy nothing to do with the thread. So whilst it may have attracted some response from some, for me all you achieved with your 'cleverness' was to make me NOT read it. If you had posted in a manner that indicated your were communicating with me as a peer and not a dumb sheep that has to be led or tricked or fooled into reading your thread, you may have got a better response, at least you might have got any response from me because I might have actualy read the tread rather than just simply ignoring it.

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

msg13 and yet again you show, to me at least exactly why I have the impression of you that I do, that you show some of the worst kind of behaviour of posters here.

Msg 13 is a total perversion of what I have actualy said, which is all there in back and white and I have next to no doubt that you know it is a total perversion of what I was saying and that you try and pervert it with intent. You say 'my words' were that members here are 'stupid' or 'misguided'. It is exactly because I, unlike you, do NOT think the average member here is stupid, that I am confident that your attempt to pervert what I said in msg 8 will be seen by most as just that. Do I say that is what I myself think or do I say that is how it comes accross to me how YOU think ?

Anyway philbailey I have already wasted enough time on this and will go back to largely ignoring you here which is my usual approach. You carry on with 'awareness raising' and 'blinker removing' as you like.

philbailey

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

mSG 14 , it was the highest read thread of that month

(for Ismail /Looseboots marathon)

yes it was a trick title

I gained nothing from it

other than raising awareness for a good cause

if people bite on certain threads (views)

it is a reflection on society not me

The geniune threads from people like Newlad , Bill , Y-fred

disapear because of a lack of interest.

knife

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 02:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Now I am and have been a member of the royal British legion in UK for over 20 years. And to think that the RBL in north Cyprus is totally in it to help i don't think so, do you believe that your money is all going in to the charity or is it covering the committee's cost of higher living.

I believe that when a EX-PAT has finally run low on their funds they open a charity to carry them through the rest of their retirement. It was not until the banks dropped their interest rates on every ones income that the majority of these so called charity's came about.

erolz

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

'knife' you can believe what you like. You can also come to this forum and under anonimity profress your 'beliefs' to others publicaly. Doing so however does make your blatant untrue assertions any more true. When you say that 'all workers at KAR are on a wage', I know for an absolute fact that this is just not true. When I know that you are asserting such untrue things as fact it means that your 'beliefs' about other aspects of charities here simply have no creedance for me.

sienna

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

I always say erolz as long as your mind is clear don't let the bastards grind you down

Upsetting as it is that you and others like you will do things for free, there are people out there always willing to put the knife and accuse others of doing wrong. I am sure as you and others full well know the truth let them get on with it !

Message 1 is clearly to wind up others like yourself that do a good job in the community

best ignored,

Well done to all that are doing their best for others paid or unpaid : )have a good day erolz

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
25/01/2012 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Knife

If you think that you have hard evidence of 'wrongdoings' then share it with the forum. However, if as Erolz alludes to, you are just trying to stir things up, then it does you no favours. People will listen to facts backed up by evidence - I trust that they will not listen to unfounded accusations/allegations.

That said, it is very easy to make unfounded comments whilst hidden behind the anonymity of a keyboard !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.