North Cyprus Tourist Board - 1st Greek Cypriot to comment on The Green Line - Holiday in a Warzone
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 1st Greek Cypriot to comment on The Green Line - Holiday in a Warzone

1st Greek Cypriot to comment on The Green Line - Holiday in a Warzone

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

ilk22

Message Posted:
27/01/2012 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

See below comment from a Greek Cypriot friend of mine who has read my story - I gave it to her to get her views before publishing, I was pleasantly surprised:

" I'm Greek Cypriot.

Soner is not, that is apparent in this book.

He's my friend and I've known him since we were at college together but nothing prepared me for this book. The memories he now shares with you are ones that even I have never been privy to.

It's an honest book, neither hyped nor unapologetic and is a must read for both Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots of our generation.

Cry.... With laughter you will.....

Parts will shock you...

He conjures up some images we, from the island are all familiar with......some, thankfully not....."

Maria (Georgiou) Christophi

If you haven't pre-ordered or registered your interest on this forum, please do so now. Regards Soner.

http://www.thegreenline.co.uk

yonca

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I am going to place an order and pass the word around.

Marion

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Don't forget there is a competition in Cyprus Star to win a copy of this book. this is a three week running competition, so you will need to get hold of Cyprus Star commencing this week. Plus, although Soner has not said it himself he will be over in March and will be on telly and there will be a book signing so those in N.Cyprus will have a chance to meet Soner, buy the book and learn more of the history of 1974 through him. childlhood memories can paint a more vivid picture from a totally different perspective, and I am most certainly looking forward to reading this.

Oh and by the way, I have the privilege of being on telly with soner, so I guess I am amongst the 'beautiful people' for once! So, DO take a look at his web page ...............

Hippo

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 06:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Now she's on the telly-is there no escape.

Marion

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Don't worry, Hippo. I have been on several times, but thankfully no one has to watch because it is screened at an anti social hour. so, you are saved!!!!! But I do nbot think BRT does that because I am on - igt is something to do with schedules, which is a shame cos Can Gazi is so lovely and should be seen at premium gime.

anyway, there is always the 'off' switch.

Blessings, mighty one.

ilk22

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Not been on TV before, so am shaking in my boots at the moment. That's odd, not affraid when in a middle of a war - but scared senseless to be on TV...... Thank God it's not live, as they would probably need to edit three quarters of it out.

Soner Kioufi

Marion

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Soner, just don't confuse British tv with tv in N.cyprus! Can Gazi is just like having a super relative with you chatting. The TV camera is nothing like U.K either. And they never edit the programmes, unless you say naughty things agains t the government!

and no make up girl, or hairdresser, or idiot board - nothing, just we three and you will find the time flies by. Honestly. Trust me!

Hope that is assuring rather than scaring you further. But i am pretty positive that once you start sharing all about the book, I doubt Can or I will get a word in edgeways. Well, not me, but maybe Can as it is HIS programme.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.