North Cyprus Tourist Board - pergola roof / tops any suggestions?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > pergola roof / tops any suggestions?

pergola roof / tops any suggestions?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

Dreamydiver

Message Posted:
29/01/2012 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi we have a rather 'sturdy' whitewashed concrete (I think) pergola which, for various reasons can not be removed.

We can't decide what to do with it to make it more pleasurable to the eye but a top / roof might be one of them.

Any ideas ...with pictures would be most appreciated. We are positioned on a hill side that gets a far amount of wind!

the butler

Message Posted:
29/01/2012 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I noticed that on another thread you are asking about shared title deeds. If you have not received your deeds, you are not supposed to make any alterations to your property. This would include putting a roof on a pergola, maybe sail cloth or woven rattan would be ok but would not last long in the wind.

Dreamydiver

Message Posted:
29/01/2012 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

thank you 'the butler' .

I had read about this just wanted to start formulating plans for the pergola (it isn't the most pleasing to look at!) that we can consider once the shared title deeds have been received.

still, it was considerate of you to share this information with me, this is what I thought the forum was all about!

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/01/2012 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

At Home in the UK we have lovely voile drapes and with solar lights looks lovely in the evening. It is held into position by curtain rods that can be easily and quickly dismantled.

In the TRNC our site use to have the white canvas looked lovely and could have been maintained simply by taking down and storing over winter, however the M/C changed the covering to bamboo, it serves the purpose for M/C stays on all year round but to me looks like horrible, reminds me of a stable !!

marvin

Message Posted:
29/01/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

From what i have been told by a few estate agents even if you have not got your title deeds you are allowed to extend your covered area by 33%.

Marvin.

Hippo

Message Posted:
30/01/2012 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

And 'you' believe what estate agents say?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.