North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any info on Solar panels for electric?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any info on Solar panels for electric?

Any info on Solar panels for electric?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

cyprus40

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

does anybody know who sells and or installs solar panels & air wind turbines for producing electric.

thanks.

mark&beck

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 07:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/84935.asp

Info on the link above

delikomsu

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

We are selling our solar electric system, please contact for more details.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

Hello, here we are.. http://www.kibsolar.com

we do solar business since 1999, since then we found reliable partners for our systems.

We also set up delikomsus system 7 years ago.

We calculate your system to achieve a safe payback time and choose equipment to the needs of the customer.

on-grid, off grid, solar and/or wind... we will find the right configuration for your needs.

delikomsu

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Ref above message 4. Kibsolar are extremely professional and knowledgeable about these systems, we can highly recommend Peter. He installed our system , advised as to requirements etc and it has worked perfectly ever since, brilliant.

If anyone cannot afford brand new and would consider second hand then our whole system is available for 3,000euros.

Kibsolar will dismantle and relocate for you on a site of your choice for an extra fee.

chr1ch

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Msge 5 more details/pictures about your system please. Chris

iceman_tle@hotmail.com

delikomsu

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

chr1ch I have mailed you. Penny

mozgor

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

Hi

This company offer a range of options and come recommended http://www.kibsolar.com/content/eng/eg2006.html

Moyra

tyalgin

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Hi, I'd like to see the details please... tyalgin (at) gmail (dot) com

delikomsu

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 07:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

tyalgin Details mailed.

Dillon

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Hi everyone, does the Electricity Supply Authority in Northern Cyprus allow Net Metering? if so what tarriff do they pay you for your surplus fed back to the grid? and what percentage is that from the tarriff charged to you for consumption? finally are there any grants or benefits for the consumer to invest in renewable energy systems?

Too many questions I know, but relevant for anyone considering investing in renewables!

Regards

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Answers:

Net Metering?, what tarriff do they pay? , are there any grants?.... see this thread

Most of the people i spoke to want to go for the following solution:

Install as many solar power to cover 80% of the used units. (eg cover 7500 kWh from 9500kWh per year).

the left over 20% (here: 2000 units a year / 12 month = 160 units ) they will still pay to KIBTEK. This "is clever", because the "higher tariffs" (above 250 or 500 or 750 units per month) do cost approx 50 to 70 kurus.. and the solar will cost you only 28-33 Kurus.

Again and again: the BEST solution to "cut the top 250 units" of your energy bill is the installation of a solar powered pool pump! You do not need to "wait for a law", you can do this today and gain immediately.

Dillon

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

I guess the anser to the first question then is no? although you advertise grid connected systems on your website!

How did you calculate the 28-33 Kurus tarriff for solar generated consumption?

Regards

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

You do not need to guess... the thread speaks a clear language, but, of course we do advertise grid connected systems on our website... it is the time to do so, isnt it?

Calculation, roughly: purchase price / kWh produced from solar during approx 15 years.

"Internationally" it is said (for regions of approx same solar insolation) : approx 14 euro cents per kWh.

For some reason, i believe the price to be lower... as also the quality of the used equipment plays an important role in this calculation.

Greetings to Dubai.

Dillon

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Yes I would agree with you, it is the time for supply Authorities to allow Net Metering and this is what I’m attempting to ascertain, a simple question that I believe deserves a simple answer! the thread may speak a ‘clear language’ but I feel you’re being rather obtuse about my first question of whether the Supply Authority in northern Cyprus will permit the connection of a feed-in tariff meter? I cannot find the answer within the ‘clear language’ of the thread neither can I find any details from the supply Authority, hence my question, I don’t mind if you don’t know, just say so and maybe someone who does will respond?

Regards

henrik

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Dillon,

there (still) is no such law in trnc - but they (trnc state) say its ready to be published in state papers (resmi gazete). Should only take another few months to go, but this means nothing in TRNC.

As Peter said, once you cut the expensive tariff - a pv system pays back at existing conditions, whitout an feed in tariff. Once this comes, it would be the cherry on the cake.

Best regards

mozgor

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

@ Kibsolar - are you recommending solar panels over wind turbines? We're moving over in October and definitely want to install some kind of option to grid electricity as a constant electricity supply is important for us.

Moyra

kibsolar

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

hello Dillon, sorry, sorry...

see here http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/84369.asp

just "got a bit mixed up". here another thread...

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/84935.asp

msg 17.. yes I recommend solar over windmills. the reason is the "a bit unpredictable output" of windmills.

the butler

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

On our site we have a sewerage system that costs us over £5000 in electricity per year to operate. My husband has wondered for some time if this could be operated by solar power. Would anybody be able to advise on this and set up costs?

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

msg 19... It makes (in general) no sense to run such powerful (pump) devices from "solar direct", it is better to reduce the energy bill in general... (exept: well pumps. pool pumps)

5000STG represent approx 22500 kWh per year (?). To eliminate that from your bill, you need to invest approx 30.000 STG for a solar system.

As you live "on a site", you probably will have needs for the mentioned solar runned pool pumps. To replace AC pumps with DC solar pumps is a very good possibility to reduce (site) electricity bills and is very economic as well.

Dillon

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Thanks Henrik and kibsolar, without a feed in tariff, the business model for a domestic dwelling unoccupied during the working day, does not support an adequate return for the investment required for a basic 1-2kWp off grid system. It would however be a different story for the STP installation described above @ message 19, good luck with your project!

@ Message 17, Dependant of course on the reasons why a constant supply is so important, a simple UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) would provide a 24/7 backup to grid supply for essential equipment in the event of a power failure.

Regards

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Dillon, "off grid" systems are different. You install them because you do not have electricity on site and/or the connection is too expensive or impossible.. , eg because of problems with ownership... :(

in "on-grid" systems, during the day your e- meter will "turn backwards" (eg if you are not at home), at night the meter "turns forward". The difference you pay (or get payed for). In general, and because of the "most probably to come" laws, a 3-5kWp solar ongrid system will be sort of "a standart system" to be installed on "normal homes".

For all those who would like to start smaller (eg 1 or 2 kWp) , i also offer systems which can be enlarged later on.

We also offer UPS systems (which is actually an "off-grid system" without solar) which could be connected to solar energy and also to the grid as an "on-grid" system. These are the "options" i have been talking in.... again not THIS thread.. here: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/84369.asp ... msg 30.

Dillon

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

@Kibsolar, Thank you for the explanation Kibsolar, although unnecessary, as there is no confusion on my part regarding on and off grid power supply solutions, I’m sure once the relevant laws are passed and the TRNC allow Net Metering, there will be a massive influx of consumers taking up the grid connected options you have on offer.

Homes without a grid connection are a different matter altogether, and did not form part of my original query.

Regards

colly

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Message 22 Kibsolar. If you have an old type meter which turns backwards you do have in effect net metering. The question would then be how many properties have this type of meter and what type of meter have they been putting in on newer properties? And also would there be any plans in the future to update them as in the UK. If you did have a meter that went backwards and it was going to stay that way then the arguments for solar are strong.

I believe there is a big case for solar in North Cyprus but without some credit given for what is going back into the system or battery back up careful calculations must be considered. Having a pool which needs electric for the pump would help but after the fridge freezer it is very difficult to use all the power which is produced on the good days. In the UK I time the washing machine and dishwasher to come on at separate times on good days and at night on cloudy days (night tariff less than half price) when I can.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

sorry..Dillon, but you mentioned an 1- 2 kWp off grid system in msg 21 which does "..not support an adequate return..". thats why i anwsered that way...

msg 24: to my expectations am new meter will be installed from KIBTEK. To make old meters to turn backwards is not permitted anyway.

I understand that people calculate costs ("for solar") and consider possibilities, but: A battery buffered UPS has in general nothing to do with the ability of Solar (PV) power to produce electricity at lower prices as fossil sources could or can, or with the prices KIBTEK charges for one unit.

Although off and ongrid systems could be "combined", the "battery part " always will be a "luxury".

Battery buffered systems are not to be expected to get any grants anyway.. If there are grants at all, only the "solar production part", the grid-feed, will be supported, not the batteries. Exeptions might be offgrid systems in rural areas as solar pumping

colly

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Sorry did not make myself clear. I was saying that at the moment the battery buffer was perhaps the only way of using all the electric produced. Otherwise the excess would just go back into the grid with no benefit.

cyprus40

Message Posted:
17/02/2012 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

dear kibsolar, can i have some more info on your microinverter system please.

-how does it work?

-does it work along our grid electric?

-how do i know how much electric i am getting from the panels?

-if my solar panel electric is producing low Watt's does my grid kick in or just tops up the solar power?

-can i expand later?

-can we add batt.to it later?

-what make and model pv and micro inverters do you sell?

thank you for your time

henrik

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Cyprus40 - Peter is on a short vacation, hell be back this week an answer your questions.

Cheers

Henrik

kibsolar

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

cyprus40, msg 27

a "solar (or wind) grid tie system supplies elelctricity TO the grid, either your meter turns backwards or a second, seperate meter will count your energy. You could say: yes, the grid "kicks" in.. but in case of a power cut you CANNOT use the electricity from solar only.

Usually in a grid system a certain number of solar modules are connected in series, forming a "string", eg 15 modules in series. This string is connected to a "grid tie string inverter", which "inverts" the DC current to a AC current. Microinverters are connected to one or two modules only. Advantages: 1. if only one module of a string does not work properly (shadings, or part shadings only) the whole string is affected, in microinverter systems this problem is eliminated. 2. you can monitor the performance of each solar module. 3. string systems are "fixed systems", string(s) and gridtie inverter(s) are choosen to work together, enlargements nearly impossible.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

cont

if you want to enlarge a micro inverter system, you do not need to buy a complete new string and.. a new string inverter. you can add smaller units...

battery (back up) can be installed later in in both systems.

grid tie string inverters make: Fronius, SMA and others, depend on choosen PV modules and "string size". microinverters: Enecsys. PV modules: Depend on customer request, choice eg is "european" or "chinese", both only "the good stuff", eg Enfoton or Canadian Solar, choosen PV model must fit to inverter or other way round..

My job is to find the best "system" for you. In a technical and economic way...

Kind Regards, Peter

cyprus40

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

thank you for the information peter,

it seems like microinverters are the systems to go for, more reliable and maybe cheaper?

can you give me a price on microinverters? and high watt solar panels?

where are you based at? do you have a store?

regards

kibsolar

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

msg 31..

it depends... both systems, string or micro, have some advantages.. no.. microinverters are a bit more expensive. one of the reasons is: they come with a 20 year warranty.. string inverters come with 3-5 years only. String or microinverter... both systems need the correct PV module (or a combinaton of) to be efficient. thats why we usually do not sell them as a single units. You have to explain me why you want single unit prices..

nearly same applies for the PV modules: All must fit into "a certain system", gridfeed, offgrid or combined systems. We are based in Kyenia. Best is contact via phone or info@kibsolar.com

cyprus40

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

can i have your tel.number please?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.