North Cyprus Tourist Board - Inspirational Bathrooms?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Inspirational Bathrooms?

Inspirational Bathrooms?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

Pogle

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Does anyone know if this company is still in operation? We have placed an order and paid a deposit and the owner has not returned our calls, the showroom is shut. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks

sharonlucky

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

sorry, I have no idea...

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

The english guy ( Chris ) who ran the company has left the island with his family and gone to live in America. He did say that he had sold the company on to a local guy who would continue to run it and the place was being repainted a few weeks ago. But have not seen anyone there for the past couple of weeks. Ask the people at the bar next door, they seemed to know what was happening.

rachw

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Msg 3

I saw Chris yesterday in Catalkoy.

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Msg 4 , sorry if my information is not correct. But the last time i spoke to Chris, he told me he was leaving and i asked him when and he told me ' as soon as possible. And that was over two months ago, so i assumed he had gone by now, as the shop was being re done soon after this.

Again sorry if my statement is wrong, and i will stop assuming!!!!!!!!!!!

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Well, I bought an outside shower unit last summer and there is a common fault with the spring for the on /off button. As i has ordered it from the Kitchen R us shop I chased Them , although it was an Inspirational Bathroom shower.

I was told that I was one of many and was on the list.

That was last summer.

On seeing that the shop was closed I rang Soyz bar and was given an e.mail address and phone number for Chris.

inspirationalbathrooms@hotmail.com

Phone no. 05338717615

I sent an e.mail 2 days ago and have just rung Chris and spoken to him.

He confirmed receipt of my e.mail and that AGAIN I was NOW on the list, I WASN`T BEFORE!!! and hopefully the part will arrive in a month ( apparantly was not on a list).

I asked if he would be here and was told that yes .He said he is moving to America , but not until July , and that the COMPANY would still be trading here.

Watch this space.

Pogle

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for the information. I will attempt to contact Chris. It seems our item was in Mersin and is now in Famagusta. Was/Is Kitchen's R Us owned by the same people?

I have heard that a chap is taking over - does anyone have his details. Thanks Mel

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Can`t answer for Kitchens R US....................... but Inspirational Bathrooms , so I was told, Is STILL TRADING, just not in the showroom.

That`s all I know / have been told.

agentsuz

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Ok I will attepmt to clear this up a bit. Kitchens R US and Inspirational Bathrooms are 2 seperate companies although they did at one point share a showroom (due to this making perfect business sense, all under one roof etc). Kitchens R US unfortunately had to close due to my father, Sam Bray, suffering a heart attack and then under going surgery for a quadruple bypass. He has had to return to England why he recovers. We did have a chap who signed a contract to contine the business but he then pulled out at the last minute. Inspirational Bathrooms had to vacate the showroom when Kitchens R US closed because the showroom is far to big for them. Chris Carty from Inspiartional Bathrooms is still in Northern Cyprus and is still trading although he is no longer in the showroom, due to the above reasons. As some of you might be aware all of the stock from Inspirational Bathrooms is transported from England via a container. If anyone has ever dealt with the process of brining cont.........

TRNCTed

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

I had to laugh here. Normal rumour mill on Cy44. I have just spoken to Chris who is a good friend and does a lot of work for me and others I know.

Yes the family are planning to move to America as and when they can but not yet and as far as Inspirational Bathrooms is concerened, Chris is not the sort of guy who will rip anyone off, just the opposite. He shall make sure he has tied up all the loose ends before he leaves and whatever happens to the company, you can be sure he would not sell it to just anyone.

If you need to contact Chris he is generally contactable by phone as he is mainly out of the office and therefore cannot get back to emails as quickly as some would hope. Many times I have tried calling to find him on the phone but he always calls back when he can. Yes there are times when he may not get to me immediatley but that's because he is busy and simply forgets, as we all do sometimes.

Anyway, if you need him, call him

TRNC Ted

agentsuz

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

cont......... a container over from Engalnd then they will know it is a very long and drawn out process that quite simply has no time scales on. It all depends on weather conditions and customs etc. I can not speak for Chris but I can imagine that he is doing everything he can to get your goods here and I can only imagine what delays he has experienced what with holidays and strikes and Christams etc. Chris's contact details have been posted on here so I would recommend that if you have any queries or questions you contact him direct rather than listening to rumours from others. Im sure you will not always get through to him on the phone as he is a business man with a very busy schedule so perhaps an email would be better. With regards to him going to America, this is his plan but he doesnt have a set date and im sure he will contact all customers with outstanding orders as and when he has a set date.

I hope this helps

Susan Bray

Pogle

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Many thanks to agentsuz and TRNCTed for clarifying, I will email Chris as suggested.

R.C.T.Man.

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Very well said Sue it is always good to hear it from the horses mouth So To speak xx

CdsCyprus

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Pogle,

Like TRNC Ted we are a good friends of Chris' and work together often, we can confirm that Inspirational Bathrooms are still trading and we are certain that if you haven't been in contact with Chris already you will be very shortly.

The contact details given previously are correct, I have spoken to Chris myself today on that telephone number.

All the best

CDS

Pogle

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Just to update, we have spoken to Chris today and he has advised our goods are stuck in customs and that he will issue a full refund for the deposit tomorrow, can't say fairer than that. Apologies to Chris if I have provoked gossip mongering as a result of my original post.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.